Captain
# 1 PvE Queue Screen/ UI Feedback
10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
I like the new PvE queue screen - it looks really nice.

However, can we see how many people are in queue again? It's nice to know so you aren't waiting for a half hour for enough people to pile up on some of the more unpopular events. I've also jumped between one or another because one had one space left before it started and the other was all but empty, and I've found this kind of information rather helpful.

Thanks!
Rihannsu
# 2
10-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Agreed.

/signed.
Career Officer
# 3
10-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I like the new screen's layout, but it's very hard to read. And like said on this thread and others, there is no way to tell how many people are in the queue with you.

Also be nice if they color coded the Space Maps from the Ground maps, instead of just using icons.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Lieutenant
# 4
10-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Definitely agreed on needing to see the number of queued players.
Captain
# 5
10-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Doubly Agreed. Needs a queued player number.
Ensign
# 6
10-16-2012, 12:41 PM
i agree too !
Lieutenant
# 7
10-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Just to play Devil's Advocate here...

If they went back to displaying queue numbers, wouldn't that actually be counterproductive? Don't people -not- queue up for a specific event when they see it has a low number of people waiting in the queue?

If you opened up the UI and saw 1 person waiting to start a 5-man PvE map, or 4 people waiting on a different map, you're going to pop into the 4-queue and ignore the other. Even if you enjoy the other content more.

It's psychological. Displaying those numbers serves no purpose to Cryptic. They have no reason to discourage participation in any of their available content.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Big agree with red!

Sometimes I only wish to play one of STF's - immediately. So, obviously, I pick one with the 4/5 queue...

Now it's a blind-shot.

By the way, there's typo in one of the khitomer queue for stf in space.

Last edited by ltcmdjamescore; 10-16-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: adding khitomer typo
Career Officer
# 9
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate here...

If they went back to displaying queue numbers, wouldn't that actually be counterproductive? Don't people -not- queue up for a specific event when they see it has a low number of people waiting in the queue?

If you opened up the UI and saw 1 person waiting to start a 5-man PvE map, or 4 people waiting on a different map, you're going to pop into the 4-queue and ignore the other. Even if you enjoy the other content more.

It's psychological. Displaying those numbers serves no purpose to Cryptic. They have no reason to discourage participation in any of their available content.
This is a literal sense of Schrodinger's Cat. Is the queue empty? Or is it active?

With us seeing the number of people queued, we can gauge for ourselves if the queues are active and patiently wait, or do we move on to another queue? Compared to not seeing the number and hope it is full and actually end up wasting time, waiting for it to pop.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Commander
# 10
10-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Displays of how many people are queued for cross-faction events is absolutely necessary to coordinate groups between KDF and Fed players who don't have enough people for a full team. Taking this away will prevent KDF and Fed friends from playing together unless they have a full team of five.