Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 11
07-20-2012, 04:12 PM
An enemy NPC ship in Starbase Defense would like to angrily report that it fired a Breen Transphsic Cluster Torpedo at me...

THAT DID NOTHING.

Just went FIZZ.

Lol. Hurts them too I guess...
Career Officer
# 12
07-20-2012, 06:21 PM
The Cluster Torpedo works sometimes. It seems to deploy its mines perhaps 10-20% of the time. The other 80-90%, it works like a zero-damage Tricobalt- the destructible projectile strikes the target and "explodes," doing no damage and deploying no mines.

I'd like to report that Tricobalts may be bugged, too- mine seems to occasionally misfire, that is, the one-minute cooldown begins but no torp is launched. Also, the torpedo projectile continues to exist for several seconds after it detonates. But that is a graphical bug that doesn't cause any harm, although NPCs will engage the dud projectile.
Captain
# 13
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
The Cluster Torpedo works sometimes. It seems to deploy its mines perhaps 10-20% of the time. The other 80-90%, it works like a zero-damage Tricobalt- the destructible projectile strikes the target and "explodes," doing no damage and deploying no mines.

I'd like to report that Tricobalts may be bugged, too- mine seems to occasionally misfire, that is, the one-minute cooldown begins but no torp is launched. Also, the torpedo projectile continues to exist for several seconds after it detonates. But that is a graphical bug that doesn't cause any harm, although NPCs will engage the dud projectile.
As of last night it still works that way, but I did manage to get the recticles back on so I can see the mines deploy and move toward the target. Since S6 this wonderful weapon is utterly useless, as it's now VERY slow moving, one-shot destroys it, didn't get the transphasic buff to 80%, and seems to be missing minelets when I'm lucky enough to get it deployed.

I sure wish the Borg Plasma torps could be one-shotted like this torpedo can. I'm pretty sure the regular Tri-Cobalt torpedo doesn't get one-shotted either.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 08-09-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14 Still Broken.....
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I use this torpedo launcher on a Fed Star Cruiser and my KDF Hegh'ta. On the Fed Cruiser it seems to work almost every time. However on my KDF BoP this weapon appears to fail to fire aprox 80-90% of the time, even though the countdown timer starts for it. Yes I understand it's a destructable weapon however since both captains are at lvl 50 and essentially playing the same missions for the most part against the same enemies I fail to see why the enemies would immidiately target and destroy the torpedo AS IT'S LAUNCHING FROM MY SHIP on my BoP whereas most of the time they do not on my Star Cruiser.

Please Fix this. It's very annoying.
Captain
# 15
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Ya, I gave up on ever seeing a fix for this weapon.

Please don't kill this thread mods, this is an ongoing problem and it would likely benefit a dev to see the history of this problem.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Survivor of Romulus
Apparently it's just my ship...or maybe it's rear mounted torpedo launchers on this ship...or maybe just the ones from this Breen mission? I just ran the mission again where the Breen Trans Cluster Torpedo comes from to get the Tricobalt torpedo launcher and this is doing THE EXACT SAME THING....WTF? I'm gonna have to try swapping my front and rear torpedo launchers and see if it's some bug because a destructible one is mounted in the rear of my BoP or what. This is just really weird.

Ok after further testing I think I understand the problem better. FROM THIS SHIP, My Hegh'Ta, <perhaps others also> If a DESTRUCTABLE TORPEDO WEAPON is REAR MOUNTED AND SET TO AUTOFIRE, This causes the projectile from this weapon to malfunction due to some unknown game bug at this time. Even rear mounted on manual fire the Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo seems to fail aprox 50% of the time. No launch whatsoever, not launched and immidiately destroyed, simply failed to launch altogether.

This is what I found using a few different torpedo launchers, with destructible warheads, both front and rear mounted on this ship. Does not seem to matter if the torpedo launchers have non destructible <i.e. targetable> warheads, and it's unknown if this affects mine launchers also as I do not currently have one to try and simply wanted to post more details about this in here as the failure of these torpedo launchers to work correctly aprox 80% of the time under these circumstances is plenty enough to warrant some programming review. Also I have no idea why this condition does not occur on my Fed Star Cruiser, but i'm fairly certain from the # of people reporting this that it's probably not JUST the Hegh'Ta BoP.

Last edited by rangervegas; 10-15-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Since S6 this wonderful weapon is utterly useless, as it's now VERY slow moving, one-shot destroys it, didn't get the transphasic buff to 80%, and seems to be missing minelets when I'm lucky enough to get it deployed.
You are wrong the weapon is not utterly useless as I use x2 with no problem and vastly out damage other cruisers.

It never got the 80% shield pen as it got a damage boost instead of having its damage lowered and shield pen boosted to 80%. It was in the patch notes. The weapon does almost double damage over the old version and there are no missing minelets at least when I use it.

I have about a 99% fire rate and the mines do damage 99% of the time.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 10-16-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Captain
# 18
10-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
You are wrong the weapon is not utterly useless as I use x2 with no problem and vastly out damage other cruisers.

It never got the 80% shield pen as it got a damage boost instead of having its damage lowered and shield pen boosted to 80%. It was in the patch notes. The weapon does almost double damage over the old version and there are no missing minelets at least when I use it.

I have about a 99% fire rate and the mines do damage 99% of the time.
Mine still doesn't deploy the majority of the time, end when it does it damages nothing. I've tried reclaiming the weapon by a mission replay and it still does almost no damage in the 1 in 6 chance it deploys. Am using it in a forward slot, on a stock Qin without autofire, with 2 blue torpedo doffs, no spread or HY buffs.

Am glad it works for you but denying my problem with it don't make me wrong.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Lt. Commander
# 19
10-16-2012, 05:19 PM
You mean to tell me someones actually works? Mine also has about a 90% failure rate...i dont even see a torpedo heading down range, just a timer on the torp icon telling me that some doff pushed the fire button apparently without loading the tube first. Unfortunatly the same thing aplies to the rapid reload launcher. Too bad too because I'd like to be able to use the cluster on the rear of a cruiser.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-17-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Mine still doesn't deploy the majority of the time, end when it does it damages nothing. I've tried reclaiming the weapon by a mission replay and it still does almost no damage in the 1 in 6 chance it deploys. Am using it in a forward slot, on a stock Qin without autofire, with 2 blue torpedo doffs, no spread or HY buffs.

Am glad it works for you but denying my problem with it don't make me wrong.
I am not denying your problem I was just saying the weapon is not utterly useless as it works so well I use 2.

Can your own weapons shoot it down? Could it be something silly like on the Qin the ships own cannons/energy weapons are hitting it? If you have it on auto fire and no energy weapons shooting does it work?