Survivor of Romulus
# 81
10-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi.

Overall the new changes look very promising.

But there's something I really don't like or miss: If I queue for any event/mission I really miss to see how many other players already queued.

Just an example: if I see that for a 20 player mission 17 players already queued I can at least calculate (more or less) how much time it will take until the mission starts. But without that hint it's just a blind guess. Which means without knowing it could take me a lot of minutes/hours to wait. But then at some point I either drop the mission or start playing a foundry mission... On whatever: in both ways I won't play the mission I queued for.

I really like the new and user friendly UI of the PvE Queues. But please bring back the "timer" or "counter" for the players. This would be very helpful to decide if I/or others would like to join a game.

Thank you.
Career Officer
# 82
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
wheres the pvp changes that were promised?
Lt. Commander
# 83
10-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
what pvp changes? i dont remember them saying anything about pvp updates this season.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Commander
# 84
10-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
what pvp changes? i dont remember them saying anything about pvp updates this season.
There are some Siphon Drone, BFI/Shield Distribution Officer, and Sub-nuc DOff changes in the works purportedly.

Mai, S7 won't be out today, and this is hardly the whole of it. Whether or not the changes show up soon or not, you've gotta now they'll probably be in one of the later updates. Give 'em 'til next Friday, then break out the pitchforks and torches, ok?
Lt. Commander
# 85
10-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok the Char Selection button is great, I'll give you that; however, with all the UI messing you all seem to be doing there doesn't seem to be a fix for the toolbar scramble mini-game that is such a complete pain in the rear. I know you can fix toolbar issues, you've dont it before, and this one has been around for...well a really really long time now. Just putting that out there so you all don't "forget".
Career Officer
# 86
10-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
Don't expect much at this point. From Ask Cryptic (August 2012):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
Thus, the writing on the wall is that PvP will continue as is for the duration of Season 6 and will slowly begin to improve in Seasons 7 through 9, with the end goal of having an awesome and fun PvP "battleground" like map by the time Season 9 ships. Not exactly the best news if you are waiting for new PvP maps, but at least it gives a clear view of what we are doing.
Season 8 is slated for early 2013. I'd guess Season 9 is mid-to-late 2013.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Republic Veteran
# 87
10-17-2012, 07:28 AM
FINALLY! Reason for me to return to Triibble!
Career Officer
# 88
10-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post

[*]Added Shield Regen Rate to ship status window.
  • Note that this only works while in space.
I would also like to see the shield damage reduction next to the regen rate. I am especially curiuos how power settings and TSS or EptS effect SDR
Survivor of Romulus
# 89
10-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
Sounds nice ... my personal favorite:

"It is now possible skip logout and go directly to character select!"

About time!

QFT.

I lost count the number of times I'd go to change characters then hit that having to relog back in so decided to go play something else.

BACK AGAIN!!!!!
Commander
# 90
10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
I have to agree with some of the earlier posts. The new queue UI looks nice, but without knowing how many are currently in the queue its impossible to tell when the queue will fill and kick off. I queued up for the Hive and it was constant countdowns because people were queued up but not clicking the accept button. Since it was several minutes between times the button would appear, I have to think that people were joining then going afk while they waited since they had no idea when it would start. They would then miss the window when it popped up.