Captain
# 1 Starbases Enterprise Pictures
10-16-2012, 06:54 PM
There is on Enterprise missing from the pictures you will see at your starbase and that is the Enterprise CV6

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rprise_cv6.jpg

http://www.trekkies.cz/storage/obraz...b-sheet-12.jpg

http://www.google.ca/search?num=10&h....1.ohT0_wve080
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
# 2
10-16-2012, 06:57 PM
The devs know and said that when they designed them, they made a deliberate choice not to show all Enterprises but only the ones that were technologically revolutionary.
Captain
# 3
10-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Ir has been seen in the shows especially The Motion Picture and Archers ship isn't.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 4
10-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Ir has been seen in the shows especially The Motion Picture and Archers ship isn't.
That's because "Archer's ship" hadn't been conceived at the time TMP was made.

Since the NX-01 has been far more important to the Star Trek universe than the C-6, I think Cryptic was right to put it in the starbase.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 5
10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Booo.... I didn't shell out a single bit of dilithium for this project. Not including the Gray Ghost is a sin.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 6
10-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Why would we want a bunch of aircraft carriers there? The VSS Enterprise would have made more sense. Just adding vessels named Enterprise or Enterprize would have filled the bloody starbase.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 7
10-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
The devs know and said that when they designed them, they made a deliberate choice not to show all Enterprises but only the ones that were technologically revolutionary.
If so, why is the 1701- A, -E and the clipper ship at it?
(sorry i just had to say that.)

I hope my english is understandable, since most of the time i am actually unable to find the right words in my native language.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Look, you are beating a dead horse here. The dev responsible explained his decision in a thread that came out when the project dropped. Go read it. The guy had finite space to work with and made the decisions he made based on very sound reasoning.

The forum has a search function, use it.
Career Officer
# 9
10-17-2012, 08:54 AM
I asked this same question here in the Dev Blog thread. The official response is below. It also answers the question about the clipper ship. Agree with the decision or not, at least the omission was well thought out and not just forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticttc View Post
When we were deciding which ships to include in this set of images it became clear quickly that we did not want to include EVERY ship from Earth history named "Enterprise." This was not a mistake, but a conscious decision to focus on certain representative samples from the history of that name.

To your first point, one of the tall ships named HMS Enterprise is included in this set of images - it's visible in that screenshot on the far left. I did some research on all the sailing ships named "Enterprise" and decided to go with a British frigate built in 1775 - the decision to include this particular ship was mainly a nod to the opening credits of the the TV show Enterprise and to increase the diversity of the ships represented a bit more. There were a few United States Ships named "Enterprise", but they were smaller ships - I felt the mission of the 18th century frigate, a fast, powerful and independent command, was more appropriate to the name's legacy than any number of the other manifestations from that era.

On to your point about the CV-6, the original "Big E" and the most decorated ship in the US Navy. Ultimately I decided to include CVN-65 over CV-6 for a couple of major reasons. The primary reason was that the CVN-65 Enterprise was the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. She was (and is) a unique and revolutionary design and important milestone in the history of propulsion, naval or otherwise. While the CV-6 had an unmatched record in battle, I felt the technological revolution of the CVN-65 made it more likely that she'd be commemorated by Starfleet, an organization hundreds of years removed from single-planet international conflicts. Secondly, the CVN-65 is actually a setting for action in a Star Trek adventure (STIV, although another ship stands in for her during filming).

While I agree that it's an incredible ship with an important place in history, I'd also dispute your claim that CV-6 has been represented in every depiction of Enterprise lineage. Both the observation lounge on the Enterprise D and Archer's ready room cherry pick their Enterprises, and in both celebrations of Enterprise lineage they chose CVN-65 over CV-6. (You can tell it's the CVN-65 by the shape of the deck and the distinctive square shape of the island.)

It's also worth noting that for the observation lounge of the 1701-E, they don't include models of any pre-space Enterprises at all!

Obviously in a project like this, everyone has their favorites - but even if yours didn't make it in I hope you get a chance to see the set and enjoy it in the game.

Another question from this thread I noticed: The Enterprise C is present in this series. To dispel any rumors, the art for that panel was created based on a screenshot from "Yesterday's Enterprise."
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor

Last edited by kobayashlmaru; 10-17-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
10-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
I asked this same question here in the Dev Blog thread. The official response is below. It also answers the question about the clipper ship. Agree with the decision or not, at least the omission was well thought out and not just forgotten.
Thanks for posting that - I was too lazy to go hunt it down myself.