Career Officer
# 81
10-16-2012, 06:57 PM
We had the "Captains" website option back when the game launched and at some point it was disconnected from the game servers so that the Captain, Ship name, Rank, and Captain's Logs, didn't propagate from the game server to the web server anymore.

How did it take months of programmer time to turn this feature back on and expand it to include ships/boffs/items? It was pretty much halfway done in it's earlier form two years ago when the game launched. Was it the conversion to PWE's style of webpages/backend?

Also, what's the timetable for the meat of this (ie. DOFF Assignment Management) since that's really what everyone wants. I don't know anyone that sits around comparing character loadouts at a coffee shop w/o a laptop that has STO on it...

Then again I don't know many people comparing loadouts period...

It seems more like a marketing tool at this point than a functional and useful feature for the playerbase. I hope it doesn't stay that way for long.
Captain
# 82
10-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Could we adjust how our boffs' rank and stats appear on the gateway? I had a fright when I saw my boff list a while ago when I accessed the Captains profile when it was still active. It showed that I have a squad of 9 Commanders when technically they are supposed to be of lower ranks.

Maybe have the boffs rank in the STO Gateway to be based on the Tailor option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 83
10-16-2012, 07:37 PM
so how on earth will this add anything to the gameplay or story ? , to me they would rather work on such as this rather than adding anything worthwhile to the game
Starfleet Veteran
# 84
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Hooray!

Players have been asking for the return of the ability to see your characters since it was dropped when the PWE site was migrated. This looks much-much better that we had before. It's fantastic that they have gone to the effort to add some more function also, and more to come .

Leave it to the whiners to start to complain about something before its even released yet
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Ensign
# 85
10-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
They said Free
I looked through that blog and I see nowhere they said it was free. They also said nowhere that any future additional features would be free.
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnooob View Post
I looked through that blog and I see nowhere they said it was free. They also said nowhere that any future additional features would be free.
From Page 5 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It's free and the access is the same for all players, whether Gold or Silver. For the rest of the points you bring up, check out my posts on page 2.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Ensign
# 87
10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
From Page 5 ...
fair enough.

Even saying that now though, it doesn't mean that they won't add some charge to be able to use additional features/services that they may add down the road.
Republic Veteran
# 88
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
so how on earth will this add anything to the gameplay or story ? , to me they would rather work on such as this rather than adding anything worthwhile to the game
I'm pretty sure the web team making this does not work on the games story.
Ensign
# 89
10-16-2012, 08:54 PM
CB;LFHLFLJHFCJJO,JLUJYKYFJK
KX ZVISDKHFKSFIHSDHFIFDHLDF
KEGhttp://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
smile.gifhttp://sto-forum.http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/im...ons/icon13.gif
Republic Veteran
# 90
10-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnooob View Post
fair enough.

Even saying that now though, it doesn't mean that they won't add some charge to be able to use additional features/services that they may add down the road.
and it does not mean they will