Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2012, 07:01 AM
This game already has the feel of Terran Empire Online more than Star Trek Online. I can already make a reasonable 25th century Terran uniform with the open tops, skirts, TOS boots and enterprise knife belts. All I really need is an ISS prefix and Hull markings and I would be set.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barschmeister_Sparki
in defense of cryptic,
romulan side is already in the game, its just called KDF :p
BLASPHEMY! Growls fiercely :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barschmeister_Sparki
At least the playstyle of many is more romulan than klink, but who cares about being in-character.
Treachery knows no boundaries - I am waiting for my Rommies - I wish to command a Romulan Warbird and slay both Klinks and Feds via my wake as I roll over with a path of destruction.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
This game already has the feel of Terran Empire Online more than Star Trek Online. I can already make a reasonable 25th century Terran uniform with the open tops, skirts, TOS boots and enterprise knife belts. All I really need is an ISS prefix and Hull markings and I would be set.
Yup Yup my dear, you can already make the Mirror Universe - and with the new Jem Hedar engines, you can also get their purple impules trails.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Yup Yup my dear, you can already make the Mirror Universe - and with the new Jem Hedar engines, you can also get their purple impules trails.
Not sure I will succeed in getting it. My hard drive was failing and I had to drop it off with some to replace the drive and port all my software over. Not sure I can come up with the cash to pick it up. So for now I live vicariously through my phone 8P

Love that new avatar black 8D
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I think people already think they are in Mirror Universe Online.

Spend 20-30 minutes at Spacedock or Memory Alpha. Observe the cacaphony of uniforms that exist. Then, ask yourself, how many of said uniforms either:

a) are direct variations of Mirror Universe uniforms

or

b) look like they belong in the Mirror Universe due to the overtly militaristic nature of the uniform.

Then, go look at ships around Spacedock or anywhere ships congregate. How many ships have tattoo-ish patterns on their hull, in strange colors? The only place we EVER saw that done, was the Mirror Universe, in "Enterprise".

Frankly, I think devs even believe this is Mirror Universe Online. Just look at the weapns they give us. Gatling gun type phasers, full auto assault phasers, etc. These are not Starfleet weapons. They aren't the normal compression rifles, heavy phasers and hand phasers. This is more akin to what the Mirror Universe might use, not the Prime Universe. Additionally, look at the ships that Cryptic designed for the game, as well as the variations of canon ships. They all have a much more overtly militaristic feel than what Starfleet would have. Even in a time of war.

Frankly, I think they might as well go ahead and rename the game. It's been that way since Day One.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
To answer the title directly. No.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
You mean a place where phasers are set to stun , and we boldly go to explore strange new worlds , and meet new civilizations ?
That sounds like a horrible world to me ...
^ Yes.....why would an MMO revolve around this.... *giggle*
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Here's my short reply to the question:

As in, ugh, gag me, no.

Throw me into the Mirror Universe for one mission every now and then, okay, as long as I have the option to skip it if I want. I have no desire to play a Mirror U character in the Mirror Universe full time, all the time.

I imagine it would be rather like an open PvP experience if it were to be done right at all, which would definitely be a "bad mix" for me.

And I agree... I would like fewer elements of that, not more. Cutting out the Terran female outfits would go a long way, but it ain't gonna happen.
Commander
# 29
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
"The Federation is no better than the Borg, at least the Borg let you know they are going to assimilate you." - Michael Eddington
Finally a quote worth using as signature. Thank you!
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek

Last edited by maltinpolar; 10-16-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Captain
# 30
10-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Given that the game essentially railroads players into combat situations and the lack of authentic Trek exploration, I have the feeling STO is pretty much Mirror Trek Online already in everything but name.

EDIT: This post has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic Thanks! ~BranFlakes

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-16-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Closed Thread