Career Officer
# 11
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
So it's a three nacelle ambassador?
No to T5 Constitution DEAR GOD NO MORE FED CLOAK THREADS No to T5 Miranda No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-16-2012, 03:17 PM
pretty much , third pylon coming straight down from rear of the secondary hull , looks kinda dumb to be honest , that and its nacelles are galaxy ones instead of the stock ambassador class ones
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 13
10-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskorya View Post
I don't like the idea of the Niagara simply being a costume, or a configuration, however; this wouldn't stop cryptic from offering the Niagara as a variation despite the fact that the ships are different in sizes.
Um the Niagara is an Ambassador with an extra nacelle and pylon, how is it a different size?

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Commander
# 14
10-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Um the Niagara is an Ambassador with an extra nacelle and pylon, how is it a different size?

Approximate Niagara Class size:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...rs24-cover.jpg

Approximate Ambassador Class size:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...4user/AMB4.png

Are these "canon"? I'm not sure. But I do believe there is a difference in size between the two ship classes.
Captain
# 15
10-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Your links are messed up.
Rihannsu
# 16
10-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
Approximate Niagara Class size:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...rs24-cover.jpg

Approximate Ambassador Class size:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...4user/AMB4.png

Are these "canon"? I'm not sure. But I do believe there is a difference in size between the two ship classes.
No those are not canon illustrations.

But the size discrepancies may come from the fact that the Niagara model was kitbashed from two different scales, the secondary hull was cast from the mold used for the 3 foot Enterprise-C model while the Nacelles were cast from the mold used for the 2 foot Enterprise-D model.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Commander
# 17
10-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
No those are not canon illustrations.

But the size discrepancies may come from the fact that the Niagara model was kitbashed from two different scales, the secondary hull was cast from the mold used for the 3 foot Enterprise-C model while the Nacelles were cast from the mold used for the 2 foot Enterprise-D model.
Perhaps this one is easier to understand:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...leet-chart.jpg

526 vs. 480 (Ambassador vs. Niagara)
Lieutenant
# 18 Skin Only
10-22-2012, 09:47 AM
In my view this should only be a skin only for the Ambassador class. Just like how the Nebula got a skin variant. The Ambassador class should have one too and Niagara should be it.
Lieutenant
# 19
10-22-2012, 10:54 AM
To answer a poster's question: 'Cos I pulled this from one of my old play by forum sites, and finding Niagara statistics that detailed is really hard to come by, for RP purposes anyway.

However, there is a size difference as pointed out and it can be found on Ex Astris Scientia.

*cough*

Now then. I would be okay with a skin.

So long as the Niagara was available, I'd be quite alright with that. Since I think if we get it, it's more than likely how we'll get it.

But, it'd be odd wouldn't it? Most skins are just simple variations. This one would have a third nacelle. Not even the Cheyenne's alternatives came without their four nacelles. [I don't think, correct me though, I've never had one in-game].
Vice Admiral V'Lal, U.S.S. Nevada
Vice Admiral Ember Calar, U.S.S. Arirang
Lt. General Giselle N'Jeavu, I.K.S. Ka'Vagh
Vice Admiral Tel'ana, R.R.W. Falco Infernus

Last edited by misskorya; 10-22-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Adding details
Captain
# 20
10-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskorya View Post
To answer a poster's question: 'Cos I pulled this from one of my old play by forum sites, and finding Niagara statistics that detailed is really hard to come by, for RP purposes anyway.

However, there is a size difference as pointed out and it can be found on Ex Astris Scientia.

*cough*

Now then. I would be okay with a skin.

So long as the Niagara was available, I'd be quite alright with that. Since I think if we get it, it's more than likely how we'll get it.

But, it'd be odd wouldn't it? Most skins are just simple variations. This one would have a third nacelle. Not even the Cheyenne's alternatives came without their four nacelles. [I don't think, correct me though, I've never had one in-game].
The size isn't a problem, the size variation in the Niagara compared with the Ambassador, is in the saucer, the Imperial Class is at least 10 metres shorter than all the other Sovrine variants.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.