Phaser proc worked

That's all we tested so far now we have new
Patches so who knows what works or don't work
Now
Must be a bug. I'll submit to PWE.
Career Officer
# 82
10-12-2012, 04:56 AM
your headline is missleading. my transphasic torps dont kill anyone with a single torp.
Starfleet Veteran
# 83
10-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
your headline is missleading. my transphasic torps dont kill anyone with a single torp.
Too late now, lol.
Captain
# 84
10-15-2012, 05:33 PM
What's the verdict on the Breen 2-piece, 1 RRTT and a R62 console? Is it an appropriate substitute for a blind-fire torpedo set-up?

I'm using RRTTs as an "energy" weapon, which is why I'm comparing it to a DHC instead of another torp. Main advantage is that it reduces power drain, so it improves the other cannons' damage, while providing its own share of dps, and benefits from R62 that is sitting on an eng slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lieutenant
# 85 As an aside!!
10-16-2012, 10:34 PM
just as a quick aside from the hard numbers, I have to say that Transphasic Torpedoes are one of the biggest disappointments and technical gaffes in STO when compared to Star Trek canon. The devs must not have watched the last episode of Voyager before designing & programming Transphasic torps.
The future Kathryn Janeway brought Tranphasics back in the final Voyager episode(along with ablative hull armor) to give the present day Voyager a massive advantage against the Borg. And a massive advantage it was as one Transphasic torpedo dispatched an entire Borg Cube. The idea was not that Transphasic torps would have an increased "bleedthrough" effect; but that they actually phased out of the space time continuum during flight, thus allowing them to easily pass through the enemy ships shields and hull - they would then rephase into the continuum inside the enemy ship near a vital area(i.e. power core, antimatter storage, vinculum, etc...) and explode, thus obliterating the enemy from the inside outward.
When I got my 1st Transphasic torp as a reward in the Breen mission, boy I couldn't wait to install that puppy and start the one-shot destruction cavalcade. Boy was I disappointed... maybe they should rename these as the partially Transphasic torpedo or maybe Transphasic torpedo Jr., Quasi-tran torps, less than lethal Transphasic torps??

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled thread...
Captain
# 86
10-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Technology could change over 31 years
Head of PR - Ausmonauts

Lieutenant
# 87
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Technology could change over 31 years
If you're referring to Fed Transphasic torp tech changing, that would need to be a backward/reverse technological change(remember Janeway brought them back from the future - And I would say from her age progressed look in that episode, about 30 years in the future). They must have had fairly good utility against the borg of her future time for her to bring them back as the deus ex machina weapon. So the Fed would have tooled the transphasic torps down over the next 30 years? - I doubt it.

If you're referring to the Borg adapting to transphasic technology, OK. But then why do the Borg in STO seem so much more susceptible to all the other weapons(i.e. beams, photons, quantums, cannons, etc...) now then they did back in 2379. Assuming equal progression of technology over 30 years on both sides; the borg would have massively adapted to transphasics while regressing on their adaptation to everything else(and "everything else" back in 2379 couldn't even touch the borg). It doesn't make sense. It makes more sense that the STO devs really did not understand the whole idea behind the awesome power of transphasic projectile technology and just integrated them into STO as they would any other weapon.
Career Officer
# 88
10-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarich View Post
just as a quick aside from the hard numbers, I have to say that Transphasic Torpedoes are one of the biggest disappointments and technical gaffes in STO when compared to Star Trek canon. The devs must not have watched the last episode of Voyager before designing & programming Transphasic torps.
The future Kathryn Janeway brought Tranphasics back in the final Voyager episode(along with ablative hull armor) to give the present day Voyager a massive advantage against the Borg. And a massive advantage it was as one Transphasic torpedo dispatched an entire Borg Cube. The idea was not that Transphasic torps would have an increased "bleedthrough" effect; but that they actually phased out of the space time continuum during flight, thus allowing them to easily pass through the enemy ships shields and hull - they would then rephase into the continuum inside the enemy ship near a vital area(i.e. power core, antimatter storage, vinculum, etc...) and explode, thus obliterating the enemy from the inside outward.
When I got my 1st Transphasic torp as a reward in the Breen mission, boy I couldn't wait to install that puppy and start the one-shot destruction cavalcade. Boy was I disappointed... maybe they should rename these as the partially Transphasic torpedo or maybe Transphasic torpedo Jr., Quasi-tran torps, less than lethal Transphasic torps??

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Well.

When Janeway went back in time and saved voyager, did she not alter the timeline? Ah ha!
Captain
# 89
11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Me, I run plasma torpedoes, even if the enemy shield is up, the plasma can still cause damage over time. Against enemy ships who's shields have dropped, the plasma torpedo spread is brutally effective.
Starfleet Veteran
# 90
11-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
Me, I run plasma torpedoes, even if the enemy shield is up, the plasma can still cause damage over time. Against enemy ships who's shields have dropped, the plasma torpedo spread is brutally effective.
High Yield, or Spread?