Lt. Commander
# 1 CORE connect
10-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Just got an email from PWE to install the brand new CORE-connect client and earn a Zen-coupon for doing so . I checked out the client UI and features and decided to install ( pretty much only game I play is STO ) only to find Star Trek Online isn't listed at all in the client . Is there a reason for this or is it an oversight by PWE ? Are they planning to phase out STO and didn't they include it for that reason ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
Just got an email from PWE to install the brand new CORE-connect client and earn a Zen-coupon for doing so . I checked out the client UI and features and decided to install ( pretty much only game I play is STO ) only to find Star Trek Online isn't listed at all in the client . Is there a reason for this or is it an oversight by PWE ? Are they planning to phase out STO and didn't they include it for that reason ?
No, STO just isn't plugged into Core yet. Since you have a PW account you got the mail to entice you into trying one of their other games.

You like First Person Shooters?
PW has one. Blacklight: Retribution.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Career Officer
# 3
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Are they planning to phase out STO and didn't they include it for that reason ?
HAHA Phase out STO.... imagine a company that has hired nearly 20 to 30 people for a specific game... working on a huge quarterly update that is about to drop.... only to phase it out in two months or something. Love the doom and gloom.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
HAHA Phase out STO.... imagine a company that has hired nearly 20 to 30 people for a specific game... working on a huge quarterly update that is about to drop.... only to phase it out in two months or something. Love the doom and gloom.
Actually that's exactly my point ( so the exact opposite of doom and gloom ) : it would be daft to purchase a studio like Cryptic and then NOT add its games to CORE-connect . As it isn't part of CORE now I'd like to know if and when it's supposed to get "plugged in ". Is anything known about this?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
From the latest Ask Cryptic:
Quote:
Q: (prapilius) Will STO be added to the CORE Connect System with achievements, rewards, etc. or will it only be Raptr/Facebook?

Dstahl: We are working with Perfect World to eventually move STO onto the CORE Connect platform so that we can share rewards and achievements across that platform. For now, there are some additional technology connections that need to be made between Cryptic and PW before we can make this happen. We do want to see cool new useful rewards as part of this system.
Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks, precisely what I wanted to know .....is there any ETA on the "plugin"?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Likely... when its done.
Republic Veteran
# 8
10-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Thanks, precisely what I wanted to know .....is there any ETA on the "plugin"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatex View Post
Likely... when its done.
Actually, I believe the correct response is soon (tm)
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Commander
# 9
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM
PWE mutilated our forums and strong armed us into merging our accounts with theirs. The least they could have done was given us Core Connect when this happened months ago. Fair is fair if there gonna force the bad on us the top priority should be giving us the good too.
Career Officer
# 10
10-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatex View Post
Likely... when its done.
Hehe, I'd stay away from that one after DNF, these days it reads more like "It'll be done after the company goes under and another company takes it over to try and cobble together the few pieces we actually made."
Joined August 2008

Last edited by cormoran; 10-17-2012 at 11:23 AM.