Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 21
10-17-2012, 06:10 AM
deleted for being redundant.

Last edited by timelord79; 10-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Commander
# 22
10-17-2012, 06:20 AM
reinstalled again today and still same problem. once i click on engage, the game crashes and that window opens where i can put in some text. also what i dont like is the collection of data in the background without notification. i am sometimes using my UMTS and my dataplan does not have unlimited megabytes. a notification here would be good.

/edit: after the last crash, a 210 mb update came in, i installed it and now it works !!
What ? Calaway.

Last edited by tebsu; 10-17-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Commander
# 23
10-17-2012, 09:31 AM
ok i revert back to where i was. it doesnt work anymore (again). It worked once, then i quitted the game (and was happy to try it out at home). Once at home, the same crashes at startup came back.
What ? Calaway.

Last edited by tebsu; 10-17-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Captain
# 24
10-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Not yet.
It requires a programmer to diagnose and fix that particular problem.

Adding in the patrols was a much simpler thing, since it was something that we had put in, but blocked off access to previously because it was crashing and such. So I was able to unblock them, at least for now, so we can get more testing on them.
What about the ages old problem with trying to add more than one dialog to a "Dialog Prompt Reached" condition causing a CTD? I've been delaying a mission that depends on that for months now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Lieutenant
# 25
10-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks Zero-Cool for the updates loving the game. Rome wasn't built in a day STO is coming alone fine. Now if only we can get more players to fill-up the Ques on tribble for the Romulan Ground events.
Commander
# 26
10-17-2012, 11:49 AM
so i found out how to run this game (for all those who have a ctd when clicking on engage). if you should use windows 7, activate windows xp sp3 compatibility mode and it should work. maybe run as administrator too
What ? Calaway.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
10-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
so i found out how to run this game (for all those who have a ctd when clicking on engage). if you should use windows 7, activate windows xp sp3 compatibility mode and it should work. maybe run as administrator too
None of that is necessary for me.

Where do you have your game installed to?
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
10-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Where do you have your game installed to?
my guess... a patato.

but thats just a guess.
Commander
# 29
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
If you have to do that then you have a software problem of some sort making that necessary. Could be something as simple as really outdated drivers Windows having some setting wrong or not even having Internet Explorer installed on your PC.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 30
10-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalani2 View Post
If you have to do that then you have a software problem of some sort making that necessary. Could be something as simple as really outdated drivers Windows having some setting wrong or not even having Internet Explorer installed on your PC.
It could also be something like installing it to Program Files or Program Files x86, which Win7 doesn't like.

Better to use our default, which is like, users/public/games, or some such thing.