Rihannsu
# 11
10-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Well, their weapons are smaller, so what about a smaller proc effect? Such as "phasers take out systems shorter" and so on?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 12
10-16-2012, 08:01 AM
I have a feeling that if cryptic messes with the procs they will screw up the procs across the board for phasers. Pets should have lowered procs and crit severity.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Captain
# 13
10-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Pets procing never made much sense... it wasn't really an issue until feds got a carrier and phaser procing pets.

Back in beta it was possible for Cryptic to change weapon colors with out effecting the procs....

Perhaps the simple fix for them would be to give all the pets AP weaponry... this will increase there dmg... and they can tune the colors on them to look faction specific.
Man that was fun when we could change our own colors for a while. They should roll that out for a Q event. It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Career Officer
# 14
10-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Man that was fun when we could change our own colors for a while. They should roll that out for a Q event. It's not a bug, it's a feature!
/powerhue - I miss you so much.
Especially the part about making a 12 year old rage because I made him "look gay" by making him turn his phasers pink.

Eh...

Oh right. Yeah pets shouldn't proc. It's too annoying. Pet spam is powerful enough without it.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Captain
# 15
10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Ya a 1 hour Q Skilltles debuff... it could just randomly change the colour on your nrg weapons. lol
Career Officer
# 16
10-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine595959 View Post
I have a feeling that if cryptic messes with the procs they will screw up the procs across the board for phasers. Pets should have lowered procs and crit severity.
That's a good thing, imo.
If, in removing pet procs, they make player procs so badly broken that they simply have to take a look, then chances are they might accidentally bring certain procs back into line

NPC pets throwing the strongest proc in the game (any proc really) is a dumb idea.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Commander
# 17
10-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Is it the pets in general having procs that's the problem, or is it that specifically that pets with Phaser and Chroniton weapons that are the problem? Do the Tetryon and Disruptor equipped cause serious problems?
Ensign
# 18
10-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
Is it the pets in general having procs that's the problem, or is it that specifically that pets with Phaser and Chroniton weapons that are the problem? Do the Tetryon and Disruptor equipped cause serious problems?
The thing about procs is that they appear to be balanced around the idea of "a nice bonus that happens every once in a while, but isn't supposed to be an extreme game-changer."

Pets increase the number of sources of procs to the point where it feels like "a nice bonus that happens pretty much 24/7 and is annoying as hell." That's regardless of what the proc is.
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphoid7 View Post
As in the title, it seems that pets proccing player weapon bonuses needs to be stopped or curtailed.

In pve, it doesn't matter. For pvp, it can basically amount to a free kill that takes no skill whatsoever. Specifically, for a team running all phasers on real player's ships its not an issue. If you throw 2+ carriers running danubes, and maybe an armitage that you start to see the problems. When you have that much spam throwing phaser procs you basically see them proc shields every 15 to 25 seconds. It just becomes ridiculous, and doesn't add anything to pvp gameplay other than a diceroll to see if the tacscort happens to have alpha up when the shields go offline for a cheap kill

I like player weapons having procs. The recent lockbox combos have been a lot of fun to play around with. But the possibility of pets at some point getting disrupting polarized phasers makes me a bit nauseous. I have a feeling that the current pets having procs is simply because it made programming them a bit easier. Balance wise it would be better if pets used their weapons and special abilities and not the player weapon procs like offlining subsystems.

Nixus
I doubt that they can do that with the way this engine seems to work. I could be wrong, but if I'm not mistaken then they'd have to create a new weapon specifically for the pets within the phaser/disruptor family that doesn't have the procs and that'll probably cause problems.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Commander
# 20
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I'd like to see the NPC weapon procs removed. Pet debuffs in general, like tractor beams and aceton field, could use a closer look as well.