Rihannsu
# 151
10-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
One thing nobody has mentioned is the new fleet holdings. We were told that they would be granting access to some rather nifty consoles, they may possibly add to the new Borg sets in ways we are yet to see.
By the description it seems pretty clear they are Omega reputation sets, question about the console is how the Mk will work ... upgrade assignment or buying it (with Reputation marks) off the shelf.
Captain
# 152
10-17-2012, 02:03 PM
The cutting beam might be a beam arry/dbb that does kenetic with high sheild peirce, so it would benefit from it. I'm hoping it is as that would give my pve sci build a way to get more kenetic and bleedthrough at the same time as letting me use target subsystem abilities.
Captain
# 153
10-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
The Jem has decompiler?!? What!!!!!!?????
Sorry, I was going off memory and blended a deflector I got from STF store w/the Jem. The Jem boosts flow caps, counter measures, gravitons, and damps +24.4 and has a +1 stealth detection. I've used it for flow caps or scramble builds till I found something better in the past.
Captain
# 154
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not entirely grasping the point you're trying to make... Is it that the assimilated console shouldn't be changed? Or Devs shouldn't be in player fleets? Or that it's getting changed because of Dev's in player fleets? Or what???
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 155
10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
What I don't really get is why they made the new Borg set almost completely a kinetic weapons load and then made the bonus one to weap power. To be honest I'm not sure what possible ship that would go well with, a DBB/cannon Recon maybe? But then you're so low on weapon slots...

Unless there's something I'm missing it seems very misguided.
It's hard to say, if the cutting beam really is kinetic damage (I know what it says but this is Cryptic) then I have to wonder if the 2-piece KHG set would work with it; if that is the case then I know of several platforms that this would work on from the B'rel to the Bortasqu.

However, I think that, again, this would work best on this would work best on non-tac boats like assault cruisers and the like where they need to spend more skill points to get weapon power up to 125 and get drained hard by large broadsides. All this is speculative though since we don't know the firing arcs, damage, or anything at all really.....

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Republic Veteran
# 156
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I'm not entirely grasping the point you're trying to make... Is it that the assimilated console shouldn't be changed? Or Devs shouldn't be in player fleets? Or that it's getting changed because of Dev's in player fleets? Or what???
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Tobar26th
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tobar26th; 10-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Ensign
# 157
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
What I'm saying is that, however unlikely, the possibility is there to corrupt the development system. Devs should be above being members of player fleets and developing emotions for or against any players.
Ensign
# 158
10-17-2012, 02:17 PM
This change is going to really effect the flexibility of certain sets.
Republic Veteran
# 159
10-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resolutevoice View Post
This change is going to really effect the flexibility of certain sets.
you mean like the overpowered 3 borg + 1 MACO that everyone recommends for pretty much everything?
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Commander
# 160
10-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
I find it funny because of all the changes to skills and sets have been because pvpers are *****ing about being overpowered....then it makes it underpowered in PvE because players want "balance" in PvP....
Surely you aren't implying that Cryptic makes balance changes based solely on PvP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Why would you even need this set for PvE? Seriously I haven't used it in ages in either PvE or PvP.
Pretty much this ^
Despite the fact that PvE is so easy you could run all Mk X commons and still complete optionals.