Commander
# 231
10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Speaking for myself, I disagree with the notion that my mandate is to help PWE bury threads or that I'd ever hide a thread just because I don't like it.

My personal mandate is to enforce Forum Rules, promote a Community that people enjoy being a part of, and help to improve and focus feedback. Every moderation I do is to that end, to the best of my ability.

That said, syberghost is right... I'm not paid to do this and my time and energy is limited. If I see it, if I have time, and if I have the proper (fair) mindset while I'm reviewing a post or a thread, I'll moderate it.

As to why the thread was merged... I didn't do it and don't have an explanation. It's not unreasonable, given the topic.

I think PWE might be open to bringing back the in-forum "Report Post" functionality. It would certainly help us find things that need moderation before they get too far gone.
never said it was done for pwe, and you've also kind of made my point for me. topic was merged, it was not a good reason since the post wasn't just about support tickets. you've also defended the merge even not knowing the reason for it...mods must display a unified front eh? that's the whole problem with choosing people to moderate from the player base. they can rarely remain completely above friendships they've made.

then there's fleets they may be in, groups they run with in game, etc. favoritism and a blind eye. this is from an objective perspective, not accusations directed at you in particular mind.

mods may allow posts that are clearly trolling, inflammatory because they know the person posting. excuse it by telling themselves 'that's just how they are they don't mean anything by it' or may even agree with what the poster says...even though it could have been phrased differently but that gets over looked. then there's not wanting to censure someone popular, who has a following. fear of reprisals in game, or at least 'why u mod me man'.

nothing wrong with volunteer mods if
no one knows who they are in game and they don't advertise they are one.
no one knows who they formerly were on the forums.
they treat everyone as a potential troll/flamer.
if they are anonymous in both arenas then it makes it that much easier to maintain impartiality. if they view everyone in the same light, then it's easier to mod when required and much less likely to let things slide because the poster is someone the mod knows.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Rihannsu
# 232
10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Report them to PWE. BranFlakes will see it. Also, next time there's a call for new mods, perhaps some PvP regulars would care to apply...
May I suggest you just have a look there more often, then? That subforum seems to attract an unusally high ratio of... candidates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Ensign
# 233
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
1. fix the fact that I cant get into the new sector block on TRIBBLE even though Im lvl 50
2. add some more weapons types
3. add mods
Community Moderator
# 234
10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
This is not a referendum on the Volunteer Mod program. If anyone has a problem with it, or with any particular Mod, then Bran_Flakes is your guy and a support ticket is the way to go. I don't say that out of arrogance, I say that because that's the way it works and the buck stops at Bran_Flakes. If we need additional guidance, he's the one who will do it.

The forums are not an appropriate venue for any specific discussion about moderation because:

#1: The forums are about Star Trek Online, not about the forums. Discussing the forums on the forums does not generally constructively contribute to the reason PWE runs them in the first place. Now if you want to discuss the Community within the rules, that's different.

#2: Discussion of moderation actions is against the Forum Rules. The rules are clear that if you have a problem with moderation you need to open a ticket. The ticket will be reviewed by somebody other than the person who did the moderating (and the Volunteers have no visibility into their ticket system anyway).

That said, the subject of what the Mods did or didn't do or shouldn't do is now closed as far as this thread is concerned. If you have an issue with the forums, open a ticket. It's that simple. Any further off-topic discussion about moderation in this thread will be referred to the Community Manager for investigation.

If anyone still has any questions about how to open a ticket, or if they want additional clarification about when they should open a ticket, I'd be happy to help.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-16-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Career Officer
For a couple of months I have been reporting cheating to the staff here through the Request GM Help menu. Since these reports I have not received a single response to the status of the complaint. In addition, I have some pretty solid evidence of the cheats, or at least evidence that the players I reported have been masking their existence in combat logs to mask evidence of bot, addon, and mod usage.

So far, no response from the complaints department. Completely ignored. Bots, adds and mods have not only gone unpunished as I've encountered the same players and player accounts in pvp over and over again, but the use of these cheat programs seems to be spreading. I have encountered more and more players capable of sustaining over 300k in damage without having to heal. Some of them deliberately flaunting the cheat by letting opponents in a 3v1 (in one instance I was involved in) continuously fire on them for minutes before bothering to engage them.

As a player who owns all Mk XII purple tac consoles on a tac officer in a Jem'Hadar Attack ship and is well educated on skill point distribution, it is apparent that the (unknown entity) in the combat log that is taking damage from players as well as dispatching them, is cheating. (my attempt to assure readers that I am not presenting this issue with knowlege gaps in this game's mechanics).

So I pose my question..., is anyone working in the quality assurance department or am I sending my serious concerns regarding Star Trek Online's integrity to an empty office? And if someone is working these cases then why does the problem keep getting worse (I'll admit the possibility of subjectivity on that particular)? And why have I not received a single response?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Could someone on the Cryptic/Perfect World staff respond to this post?

I look forward to an answer. This issue has all but ruined my STO gaming experience and this is a game I really don't want to give up on.

Thank you for your time.
Commander
# 236
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robuille View Post
For a couple of months I have been reporting cheating to the staff here through the Request GM Help menu. Since these reports I have not received a single response to the status of the complaint. In addition, I have some pretty solid evidence of the cheats, or at least evidence that the players I reported have been masking their existence in combat logs to mask evidence of bot, addon, and mod usage.

So far, no response from the complaints department. Completely ignored. Bots, adds and mods have not only gone unpunished as I've encountered the same players and player accounts in pvp over and over again, but the use of these cheat programs seems to be spreading. I have encountered more and more players capable of sustaining over 300k in damage without having to heal. Some of them deliberately flaunting the cheat by letting opponents in a 3v1 (in one instance I was involved in) continuously fire on them for minutes before bothering to engage them.

As a player who owns all Mk XII purple tac consoles on a tac officer in a Jem'Hadar Attack ship and is well educated on skill point distribution, it is apparent that the (unknown entity) in the combat log that is taking damage from players as well as dispatching them, is cheating. (my attempt to assure readers that I am not presenting this issue with knowlege gaps in this game's mechanics).

So I pose my question..., is anyone working in the quality assurance department or am I sending my serious concerns regarding Star Trek Online's integrity to an empty office? And if someone is working these cases then why does the problem keep getting worse (I'll admit the possibility of subjectivity on that particular)? And why have I not received a single response?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Could someone on the Cryptic/Perfect World staff respond to this post?

I look forward to an answer. This issue has all but ruined my STO gaming experience and this is a game I really don't want to give up on.

Thank you for your time.
Keep in mind that any action taken on a player is governed by PWE Privacy Policy and is only disclosed to the player to whom the action pertains. It is never released in any other manner, and you will never receive an update on the investigation by PWE staff.

The only acknowledgement you will EVER get from PWE staff is that the complaint has been received and appropriate measures will be taken (and how appropriate those actions are is solely at the discretion of the GM investigating the complaint).

So, if you're waiting for PWE to tell you the results of the investigation, unfortunately, don't hold your breath. Also, simply because that player wasn't permabanned doesn't mean any action wasn't taken. As a permanent ban is the virtual game world equivalent of the death penalty, understandably it's only used in the most grevious of violations and no lesser action would be warranted.
Survivor of Remus
# 237
11-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I love when you submit a ticket and 5 days later you still have no answer other then the auto response and when I got the auto response I checked my list and what do you know no ticket there even after refreshing. this has happened 2 times and I am a lifetime member oh and no action memtioned
Commander
# 238
11-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
This is not a referendum on the Volunteer Mod program. If anyone has a problem with it, or with any particular Mod, then Bran_Flakes is your guy and a support ticket is the way to go. I don't say that out of arrogance, I say that because that's the way it works and the buck stops at Bran_Flakes. If we need additional guidance, he's the one who will do it.

The forums are not an appropriate venue for any specific discussion about moderation because:

#1: The forums are about Star Trek Online, not about the forums. Discussing the forums on the forums does not generally constructively contribute to the reason PWE runs them in the first place. Now if you want to discuss the Community within the rules, that's different.

#2: Discussion of moderation actions is against the Forum Rules. The rules are clear that if you have a problem with moderation you need to open a ticket. The ticket will be reviewed by somebody other than the person who did the moderating (and the Volunteers have no visibility into their ticket system anyway).

That said, the subject of what the Mods did or didn't do or shouldn't do is now closed as far as this thread is concerned. If you have an issue with the forums, open a ticket. It's that simple. Any further off-topic discussion about moderation in this thread will be referred to the Community Manager for investigation.

If anyone still has any questions about how to open a ticket, or if they want additional clarification about when they should open a ticket, I'd be happy to help.

Well siad mate
Career Officer
# 239
11-06-2012, 08:39 PM
can't load launcher again rereinstalled again
Ensign
# 240 Glitch report
11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
ever since the update I have been experiencing extreme lag, being disconnected, not being able to login, etc.