Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 21
10-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echodarksided View Post
I am firmly against any leaver penalty in private matches.

It would destroy the ability to test anything on holodeck.

As for public queues, leaver penalty would be a good thing.
The leaver penalty has never applied in private PvE matches (such as STFs), so I doubt it would in private PvP matches if they ever do apply it.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Career Officer
# 22
10-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
The leaver penalty has never applied in private PvE matches (such as STFs), so I doubt it would in private PvP matches if they ever do apply it.
A leaver penalty would definitely be a great thing. That being said, Lmao at your sig! Where do you get those ideas btw?
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Career Officer
# 23
10-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
A leaver penalty would definitely be a great thing. That being said, Lmao at your sig! Where do you get those ideas btw?
It came to me in my vision quest; my animal guide told me to make this blessed signature.

Edit: MT, I am all for a leaver penalty, /support! In other news, new ponycor spawn is ready.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!

Last edited by tick0; 10-17-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 24
10-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
It came to me in my vision quest; my animal guide told me to make this blessed signature.

Edit: MT, I am all for a leaver penalty, /support! In other news, new ponycor spawn is ready.
Stupid me, I thought it came from Duke, after finishing bamboo gum. Lol.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Captain
# 25
10-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Perhaps my first post was a bit short,

What about a simple vote system?
I think that will be the only reasonable thing to implement.

There will have to be a certain about of people in order to make it work,

Preferably only people from their own team can vote to kick (Like if all 3 of 5 vote to kick that one guy out?) or 4/5 but that might give the issue of some noob that doesnt even know what vote kicking is...

Only the team that has the afk'er can basically gain something from voting to kick out their fellow teamplayer.

This way we can simply ban out dilithium farmers and afk'ers, and pvp'ers which simply suck on purpose.

Also it wouldnt be so hard to implement to simply deny access to the regular queues with shuttles i.e.

And what about an additional detection system where no scoreboard stats for over 5 minutes simply auto warps the guy out.

Also, disconnects and purpose warpouts can be easily detected because you manually trigger the warpout button.
If you disconnect on purpose by physically pull out the cable it will d/c you, but when you relog you are being throw in the exact same match. I doubt people will go that far and they will deny themselves from continuing playing their toon until they finish the match. Again the warpout button should penalize you for AT LEAST an hour on ALL toons.

Its never 100% failsafe, but i think all the above ideas would make this aspect of pvp alot bettter.

Pretty sure most of these ideas already passed by in the far past, but i'm just trying to get this under the attention again, specifically to the address of the devs.

MT-

Last edited by darkfader1988; 10-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Captain
# 26
10-17-2012, 08:37 PM
A problem with putting it in the player's hands with a /votekick option is the players. Spend a little time in ESD or DS9 watching zone chat...do you want those people to have the option to /votekick?

I've been saying for years in a number of games that offer rewards for losing - they should just stop.

Outside of a PVE fleet action where somebody can AFK to completion - in PVE there are no shiny sticker rewards. You complete the mission or you get nada. It should be the same for PVP. That would help deal with the folks that just AFK the matches while eating dinner to get credit, etc, etc, etc.

You may still have dedicated AFKers that are there to grief via AFKing...and they should be reported to the GMs like any other activity like that.
Commander
# 27
10-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Tom's over at Node X capping it.
Jerry's over at Node Y capping it.

Everybody else is fighting at Node Z.

Tom and Jerry get a penalty?
Add: If influence changing, then penalty no ^^
That's what's so great about HoBOs. We are not just 5 or 6 competent players, we are a fleet full of badass mother****ers that will PUNISH THE FEDs until their index fingers are worn to the bone from clicking the respawn button over and over! Q'pla!
Ensign
# 28
10-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantomdisplay View Post
Im ok with some penalty, but leaver? The guy/gal will just sit there, or worse...fly to the egde of map. We need the "he/she didnt enter red alert for ~1 min" penalty, or something...
A red alert penalty would unfairly flag cloaked ships that pick and choose targets.
-----------
A'jora
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
Yeah, I just wanted to make that point though because this is the kind of things the devs would screw up on accident implementing a leaver penalty.
Commander
# 30
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Leaving, or Warping out, is bad enough. Using /logout as a makeshift battle cloak or whatever is also a problem.

Recent Tribble Patch notes announced that a new button would allow you to swap characters without logging out of the game entirely. Since you can presently log out under fire, will the character swap button operate the same way?