Empire Veteran
# 21
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
That proc isn't useless, as some people have point out, but it is much more useful for some builds than others. As such, I will be adjusting the proc to a different function that might be somewhat more broadly appealing (nothing is ever going to be useful to everyone 100% of the time).

You'll see a new proc shortly. Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah for ground omega is more for the squad leader and security protocol kits and especially if everyone in the team no matter what faction is using a set. Although I would like to see either slower adapting to that omega gun or atleast a new proc to proc a remodulate if you have a whole set.
Lieutenant
# 22
10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
I find it a bit ironic that some of the folks saying that a 1% proc rate is too low, were among the same folks claiming that a 0.5% proc rate on the Subnuc Doff was too high.
Career Officer
# 23
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
I find it a bit ironic that some of the folks saying that a 1% proc rate is too low, were among the same folks claiming that a 0.5% proc rate on the Subnuc Doff was too high.
I made that statement believing Weapons Power was still hard capped. For the time being, its not, so I have no issue with the proc rate.
Empire Veteran
# 24
10-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
They allready confirmed in the thread i linked, (and i think a dev confirmd it as well), what the UI shows is WRONG, if you are at 125 power or more and you fire 3 beams you WILL drop 30 power in reality, the UI just won't show it, overcapping just makes it regen faster, (and thus increase minimum volley damage), it does nothing to prevent drain, you are still capped at 125 power for everything but regen calcs.
it doesn't do anything to regen, energy regens instantly when a weapon cycle ends. what goes on above 125 is just not displayed, energy is drained per shot as normal, and every shot above 125 has a damage modifier of 125 applied to it. the lowest your energy drains when over caped is higher then it is when you just have 125 energy. the log parceing in post 54 in the link shows that this is what happens, thats why your overall dps is boosted. the devs have never commented on this, i watch this issue closely, im even in that thread you liked talking about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
holy false equivalency of the year batman
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 25
10-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
That proc isn't useless, as some people have point out, but it is much more useful for some builds than others.
What does a +wep pwr proc do for a torp boat?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
What does a +wep pwr proc do for a torp boat?
My suspicion is that torpedo boats are going to want to make use of the new Kinetic Cutting Beam, which benefits from this proc. Still, people who primarily use directed energy weapons will benefit more.

Not every set bonus is going to be ideal for every build. We strive to provide interesting options without making these sets obviously "must haves" for every build.
Career Officer
# 27
10-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
My suspicion is that torpedo boats are going to want to make use of the new Kinetic Cutting Beam, which benefits from this proc. Still, people who primarily use directed energy weapons will benefit more.

Not every set bonus is going to be ideal for every build. We strive to provide interesting options without making these sets obviously "must haves" for every build.
Please tell me it'll have the sound of impending doom that it did in Best of Both Worlds.
Captain
# 28
10-17-2012, 07:40 PM
So its confirmed that the Kinetic Cutting Beam deals kinetic damage? If so, does it do a large amount like a torp, but is reduced 90% on shields?

I suppose a BO3 + KCB on bare hull is then the next best thing since sliced bread. Except this time, it slices as well.

(Ironic, considering that we use BO3s for taking down shields... Does MACO weapon set get a torp that deals more damage to shields?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 29 interesting...
10-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:

I would love to see some type of synergy that gives some type of bonus to teams equipped with different sets. It would also be nice to have something similar for teams that use different weapon types. Perhaps you could even throw in a rainbow warrior accolade for those that use multiple weapons in their build as a compensation for the teasing???
Captain
# 30
10-17-2012, 07:50 PM
The last thing we want is to encourage rainbows...

Either that or nerf NPC HPs. Seriously, there's just not enough DPS already, rainbows just makes it worse.

If you want to have luck involved in eSTF grinds, at the very least make the success rate better so that even idiots can complete them. This is an mmo the majority of the players are idiots so if you don't pander to them you're gonna get a lot of whining.

And we the veterans with 3x more brains and mono-color builds get an aneurysm. :s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.