Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 144
# 31
09-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Well, i do think for a tac captain the fleet vor'cha is good for PvE, but not so good for PvP.
To much loss of survival skills.
And call me a heretic, but i think in general the fleet vor'cha boff layout is horrible in general.
To separated, no focus.
I disagree. I'm doing fairly well as a TAC in my Fleet Torkhat.

The BOF setup only has one flaw, instead of ENS Eng I would prefer a ENS Tac.

My Loadout ist:
EPTW1, RSP1, EPTS3, Aux2SIF3
TT1, CRF1, APO
TT1, CRF1
HE1, TSS2

4 DHC Accx2
3 turrets Accx2
1 Chroniton mine launcher

Using it with 3 blue engeneering DOFs to permanently maintain EPTW1 and EPTS3., which allows me to maintain 125+ weapon and 125 shield power.

The only problem I have is against very fast moving targets, because of the turn speed.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,542
# 32
09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphenon View Post
I disagree. I'm doing fairly well as a TAC in my Fleet Torkhat.

The BOF setup only has one flaw, instead of ENS Eng I would prefer a ENS Tac.

My Loadout ist:
EPTW1, RSP1, EPTS3, Aux2SIF3
TT1, CRF1, APO
TT1, CRF1
HE1, TSS2

4 DHC Accx2
3 turrets Accx2
1 Chroniton mine launcher

Using it with 3 blue engeneering DOFs to permanently maintain EPTW1 and EPTS3., which allows me to maintain 125+ weapon and 125 shield power.

The only problem I have is against very fast moving targets, because of the turn speed.
i can vouch for this exact build killing extreamly well and tanking extreamly well. with 2 turn consoles it turns in the mid 20s, its great.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11
# 33 tor'kaht build
10-15-2012, 02:05 PM
iam a klingon engi with mirror tor'kaht what is the best build for it at the momant i have full khg mk 12 with 2 mk12 antiprotons dual heavty turrets 1 qt quid cannons 2 ap beams 1 tet beam 1 qt torp can anybody help?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 34
10-16-2012, 08:08 AM
I have both the Fleet K'tinga and Fleet Tor'kaht, on separate characters and I can say I vouch for both of their effectiveness:

The Fleet K'tinga may not have the Tac Boffs of the Tor'kaht, but it is impressive in its ability to do damage with DHC's and DBB's. My Engineer is commanding it and although he doesn't have an Escorts Damage abilities, it can certainly do more damage than most Cruiser while take hits like a champ. Though sometimes I have my off days

The Fleet Tor'kaht is on my Tac Captain and I am having fun with him. As it is basically a super heavy Escort, I can lay down impressive firepower and have a pretty good ability to take hits. I got compliments from who I consider great Escort pilots for the impressive fights we had.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,105
# 35
10-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Fleet Torkaht is manuverable enough to use DHC in pvp many people do this.

The highest dps cruiser of all is being left out though, the tactical bortasqu. I know many people hate its turn rate, but in pve it is easy enough to keep DHC on targets so its much stronger there with 5 tac consoles, and in pvp single cannons used on it are still really strong when buffed by 5 tac consoles. It has much stronger alpha strike capability in pvp using the disruptor auto cannon, when fully buffed by a tac captain and 5 disruptor consoles, a decloaking alpha is almost always instant death unless the target RSP in time. For me it is just as easy to put 180 degree cannons on targets in pvp using Bortasqu as it is putting 45 degree cannons on target with Torkaht. Bortasqu is much tankier too. I have both but use the Bortasqu much more lately, it is a very underated ship but should not be overlooked.

To turn the Bortasqu effectivley things like maxing impulse thrusters and engine performance skills, running at least 50 power to engines, evasive manuver doff, and APO1 are needed though.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 36
10-17-2012, 11:40 AM
May try this build on a fleet Torkhat;

TT1 APD1 CRF2
BO1 HY2
EPTS1 ATB1 DEM2 DEM3 (A2SIF3)
EPTS1
ET1 ATB1

KHG shields
KHG delflector
Aegis engines

plasmonic leech/ (2) nuetronium / (1) RCS
(1) field generator / (1) shield emitter amplifier
(4) energy consoles

(2) DHCs
(1) DBB
(1) torpedo
(3) Turrets
(1) tricobalt mine

(2) purple technicians
(1) purple Temporal System Officer
(2) purple Warp core engineers

cycle on fire key: ATB1 + ATB1 + EPTS1 + EPTS1 + DEM2 + DEM3 (A2SIF3) + ApD1 + CRF2 + HY2 + DISTRIBUTE SHIELDS + FIRE ENERGY
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,542
# 37
10-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
May try this build on a fleet Torkhat;

TT1 APD1 CRF2
BO1 HY2
EPTS1 ATB1 DEM2 DEM3 (A2SIF3)
EPTS1
ET1 ATB1

KHG shields
KHG delflector
Aegis engines

plasmonic leech/ (2) nuetronium / (1) RCS
(1) field generator / (1) shield emitter amplifier
(4) energy consoles

(2) DHCs
(1) DBB
(1) torpedo
(3) Turrets
(1) tricobalt mine

(2) purple technicians
(1) purple Temporal System Officer
(2) purple Warp core engineers

cycle on fire key: ATB1 + ATB1 + EPTS1 + EPTS1 + DEM2 + DEM3 (A2SIF3) + ApD1 + CRF2 + HY2 + DISTRIBUTE SHIELDS + FIRE ENERGY
oh interesting, using the universal for another eng station for AtB, haven't thought of that. do you find 2 tech doffs sufficient? i haven't checked if only 2 doffs works well enough when using 2 AtB yet.

no HE, TB, TBR or TSS is definitely a problem. i would suggest using ET3 on this build due to that. i don't think DEM is that useful right now but EWP3 at global will we awesome, and AtS will interfere with AtB cycling. also, with AtB cooling things down, you don't need 2 EPtS. i would adjust your station powers to this

EPtS1, AtB1, ET3, EWP3
EPtE1,AtB1,
EPtW1

i would cycle EPtS and EPtE mostly, it would kinda be like having a really short APO when you use EPtE. EPtW i would use only during an alpha strike, thanks to AtB boosting your weapons energy that you already have at 100, you proboly don't need it at all, but what else are you gonna put there, i see no use for aux in the build at all.

im pretty sure you still need 3 tech doffs for best effectiveness, those warp core engines are probably overkill with AtB constantly on buffing energy. cant go wrong with BFI doffs in their place, especially since your only shield heal is EPtS1. what does a Temporal System Officer do anyway?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 38
10-17-2012, 12:25 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
oh interesting, using the universal for another eng station for AtB, haven't thought of that. do you find 2 tech doffs sufficient? i haven't checked if only 2 doffs works well enough when using 2 AtB yet.

no HE, TB, TBR or TSS is definitely a problem. i would suggest using ET3 on this build due to that. i don't think DEM is that useful right now but EWP3 at global will we awesome, and AtS will interfere with AtB cycling. also, with AtB cooling things down, you don't need 2 EPtS. i would adjust your station powers to this

EPtS1, AtB1, ET3, EWP3
EPtE1,AtB1,
EPtW1

i would cycle EPtS and EPtE mostly, it would kinda be like having a really short APO when you use EPtE. EPtW i would use only during an alpha strike, thanks to AtB boosting your weapons energy that you already have at 100, you proboly don't need it at all, but what else are you gonna put there, i see no use for aux in the build at all.

im pretty sure you still need 3 tech doffs for best effectiveness, those warp core engines are probably overkill with AtB constantly on buffing energy. cant go wrong with BFI doffs in their place, especially since your only shield heal is EPtS1.
Cool. thanks for the input.
I do not know if just (2) Techs will work but I am curiuos since the changes to ATB so I thought why not try and see.

The plan was to have a quick cycling abilities due to ATB, lower weapon power drain (temp doff) and more bonus power from the WCEs. I was trying to make a design that didn't use a lot of the Aux dependent Science powers since twin ATB was going keep Aux low if not dead most of the time.
Though the BFI DOff will work better instead of the (2) WCEs.

Quote:
what does a Temporal System Officer do anyway?
When using DEM it lowers the drain of Weapons firing on Weapons power for about 8 seconds so in theory your power will stay more constant.

Quote:
Specialization: Systems Engineer
Greatly reduces Weapon Subsystem Energy Drain for 8sec when Directed Energy Modulation is activated.

+200 resistance to Weapon Subsystem Energy Drain for 8sec.Traits
Emotional
Here
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 10-17-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 141
# 39
10-18-2012, 04:03 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6130461]
Quote:
Though the BFI DOff will work better instead of the (2) WCEs.
Last I tried, I could only put 1 warp core engineer on active duty.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 40
10-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post

Last I tried, I could only put 1 warp core engineer on active duty.
That may be the case. I have not tried this build idea yet to see.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 AM.