Lieutenant
# 1021 Miserable day
10-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Today was awfull. My fleet only had about 100 points to go to get over the last hump on the star base tier 1. I thought no problem, I could do that in three or four fleet grinds.

Yea, right.

Eight losses later I still hadn't earned enough points to get us over the top.

I gave up and saw later that one of the other fleet members had finished the job.

I do so despise rainbow warriors.

Captain
# 1022
10-16-2012, 11:51 PM
For fleet marks i prefer Incurshion and colony, they're pretty reliable in giving decent amounts even with major team screw ups, you just won't kill much in phase 2 or 3.
Commander
# 1023
10-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post

On the side note, there are really awesome PuGs - a team of four in KASE, 3 german guys and me. All the transformers and gates went down in 12 minutes flat. Of course, not with my star cruiser, but with my FAE.

And please, be nice and answer in the chat when being asked a question - it's very helpful to know what the person next to you is thinking of doing.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules
and Policies
. ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-17-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Commander
# 1024
10-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos20th View Post
I believe it is Infected space. (The one with the gateways)
Whenever I run into the people that say "Only drop the nanogenerators to 10% so we can get the bonus!"
Out of all the times I've seen people attempt that strategy, It's never worked. we ether end up running out of time, or the main generator gets swarmed by spheres which heal it, failing the mission.

I instead choose to steamroll the map. Everyone use full power to take down the nanogenerators as fast as possible, while diverting a person to be a decoy for the incoming spheres while the rest take down the gate.
Out of all the times I've done this, it only failed once: Because we had someone on the team trying to do the 10% way.
10% fonctions like a charm espiecally with PUG's. Your methods only works on normal or with Premade which has enough CC Abilitys.

I had good, mediocre and really worse ESTF's:

CSE. A Gal Retrofit told us he would defend Kang. He was even unable to kill a SINGLE Bird of Prey

The other 3 split and everyone tried to destroy the probes on his own.
After 5minutes they still didn't more than 2 probes because they were sitting at 9,99km and shooting at the probes -.-

After a lot of hassle with the BoP's, Neghvars etc I destroyed right cube, middle cube (annonced the kill to get them time to prepare for the raptors on Teamchat), turn to the kang and see 9 raptors over the kang and 4 players who didn't managed to kill a single raptor ...

Kang got destroyed and I hopefully never see that player again :-P

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules
and Policies
. ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-17-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Community Moderator
# 1025
10-17-2012, 10:57 AM
I guess I need to remind people that the only way we can allow this thread to continue to run is if it doesn't create a problem.

Calling out "bad players" by name is one of the things that will cause moderation and could lead to closing the thread. Please don't do this.

Thanks!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Commander
# 1026
10-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Sorry . Didn't know that ships names fall under the same restrictions as Player names
Starfleet Veteran
# 1027
10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Calling out "bad players" by name is one of the things that will cause moderation and could lead to closing the thread. Please don't do this.

Thanks!
Besides that, a bad player today might be a good player tomorrow. I've seen many times people who come in with trashy mouths or run and hide 30K away who later do an STF perfectly. It's a mater of listening, watching and learning.

We were all Noobes once!

I tried Rainbow/Tecnicolor beams myself when I first started playing. That was over three years ago. LOL

Starfleet Veteran
# 1028 Bad Cold!
10-18-2012, 08:55 AM
There I was...

Infected Space Elite.

I pugged in and said, 'Hi' as usual.

I got some rare replies.

Good Start????

Now I have this miserable cold, sneezing, caughing and gagging... Eeeewwww....

Everybody agrees on the 10% rule as we are killing the entry group.

Yippeee.....

We fly over to the left and kill the cube, I buzz over to the back side and bring a node down to about 12%

We're all waiting for one other node to drop down and what happens???

I sneeze....

Somewhere in the throws and convulsions of the sneeze I hit the fire button.

I killed my node while the one we are waiting for is still at about 50%.

A couple people say nasty things to me and I try to explain that I sneezed.

Aside from that incident all went well.

Everyone told me next time keep my hand away from the fire button if I need to sneeze.

(I though it was pretty funny myself....)

Last edited by jake81499; 10-18-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Commander
# 1029
10-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
There I was...

Infected Space Elite.

I sneeze....

Somewhere in the throws and convulsions of the sneeze I hit the fire button.

I killed my node while the one we are waiting for is still at about 50%.

A couple people say nasty things to me and I try to explain that I sneezed.

Aside from that incident all went well.

Everyone told me next time keep my hand away from the fire button if I need to sneeze.

(I though it was pretty funny myself....)
Autsch xD

Infected: I ask for 10% rule twice! And everybody answers and agrees .

And then IT happened: I got distracted coupled with an good crit and my generator exploded first and of course to soon -.-

The group was luckily good enough to compensate for my stupid error
Commander
# 1030
10-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
Besides that, a bad player today might be a good player tomorrow. I've seen many times people who come in with trashy mouths or run and hide 30K away who later do an STF perfectly. It's a mater of listening, watching and learning.

We were all Noobes once!

I tried Rainbow/Tecnicolor beams myself when I first started playing. That was over three years ago. LOL

I know, I didn't want to name and shame a player. But I thought the combination of the ships name and his incapacity of taking down even a single Bird of Prey was funny And the ships name can changend at any time.

But they are noobs and new players.