Rihannsu
# 11
10-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Like the STFs, now. You can join a queue and have a mixed-faction team.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
OK next try:

I understand the mechanics and Fed./Klinks putting the war aside to fight the Borg. But a armistice even temporary to help a bunch of romulan refugees - which will likely be killed in less then a day then Sela returns from the Iconians with the Iconians?
Captain
# 12
10-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Starfleet accepting the aid of the Klingons that we are at war with to work together to save Romulans we both cant stand ......

At least its a guaranteed battle to face the Tholian ships, Ive yet to encounter them in the current fleet missions I did before I got bored of the grind.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Starfleet accepting the aid of the Klingons that we are at war with to work together to save Romulans we both cant stand ......

At least its a guaranteed battle to face the Tholian ships, Ive yet to encounter them in the current fleet missions I did before I got bored of the grind.
Starfleet and the KDF are already working together to keep the Borg out of their space... what's another enemy at this point?

And besides, the Klingons are only 'helping' the Romulans to gather intel for their future invasion plans Or so I'm assuming
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonytevilo View Post
OK next try:

I understand the mechanics and Fed./Klinks putting the war aside to fight the Borg. But a armistice even temporary to help a bunch of romulan refugees - which will likely be killed in less then a day then Sela returns from the Iconians with the Iconians?
Same thing as the Defera truce against the Breen. D...err... Ship waving in front of an emerging neutral power in a strategically useful position.
Rihannsu
# 15
10-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Same thing as the Defera truce against the Breen. D...err... Ship waving in front of an emerging neutral power in a strategically useful position.
So, the Federation get a strategically useful position against the klingons by working with the klingons and the klinks don't see it coming?
Career Officer
# 16 Really with this?
10-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Klingons helping to rescue Romulan ships?

Well, once again PWE/Cryptic gives yet another ef you to Star Trek's canon lore.
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Career Officer
# 17
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Hasn't the story of the Federation and the Klingons always been one of back and forth?

TOS: They're practically enemies.

TNG: They're practically allies.

DS9: About 3 flip-flops? From friend to enemy to ally against the Dominion.

STO: Enemies due in part to the Undine infiltration pulling similar tricks to the Founders. Now, after fighting the Borg, perhaps a temporary truce? And as one said, perhaps so they can get intel of their own so it's not a completely selfless act.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainconrad View Post
Klingons helping to rescue Romulan ships?

Well, once again PWE/Cryptic gives yet another ef you to Star Trek's canon lore.
Like I said above, they're probably only doing that so they can get good valuable intel about the Romulan colonies nearby

And then use that intel in their planning.

And also, the game's events are non-canon anyway. Anything you like or don't like doesn't count affect anything anyway, if you don't want it to. So nothing they do screws canon in the first place
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 19
10-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Does anyone not think that ending the war between the Federation and Klingon Empire is a good idea?

O fight next to this guy fighting the Borg, but I come across him in Eta Eridani and we attack each other? Really?
Career Officer
# 20
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I have not yet logged into Tribble, so this may be a moot point. There are 2 Azure nebulas now? There the one in Omega Leonis SB and now there's one in the new SB?