Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Silly rabbit, combat impulse engines are for when you're getting sucked dry by siphons. It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Banned
# 22
10-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
So the "low" Engine is not the same as the "low" Efficiency - it's not up to 75?
The 25% AUX thrusters when the engine is disabled is not better than just sitting there?
The up to +10 Wep Pwr when you've switched to Aux/Shields is not helpful?
It's better to have a higher Engine power when you're still going to be flying slower because you want to turn eventually - typically done in the larger ship which is not going to be looking as much at Def as simply being able to tank the damage vs. the more nimble ship which is not going to be looking to tank the damage as much as to avoid the damage?

You know, I'd always thought that the engines were situational. It's not a case of one engine being the perfect engine for every ship. If you're flying X ship, then A or B might be better. If you're flying Y or Z ship, then you'd definitely want to look at C...

...this thread leads me to believe everything I posted above is wrong.
Yeah it's not the same. Combat impulse stops giving any kind of bonus at 50 or greater engine power. Just like Hyper engines give bonuses at 51 or higher and not 75 or higher.

the Aux disable doesn't make up for the set in questions Short Comings, is part of the problem. the variable power bonus is meh because a Warp Core engineer doff will give you +25 anyway if it procs. Maco will pretty much get you +10 instantly once you are shot at, and Leech gives you +16 if you are shooting anything anyway. To say nothing of EPS power transfers, Weapon Batteries, combo batteries, Red Matter Capacitors, Team Batteries, and oberth consoles.

Even at a Lower slider setting, at /25 -all- of my toons are comfortably over 50 power in engines.
Captain
# 23
10-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Yeah it's not the same. Combat impulse stops giving any kind of bonus at 50 or greater engine power. Just like Hyper engines give bonuses at 51 or higher and not 75 or higher.
Well then - that seems like a major blunder on Cryptic's part then - because Hell, not even trying it's easy to pass 50 when set at 25.

Quote:
the Aux disable doesn't make up for the set in questions Short Comings, is part of the problem. the variable power bonus is meh because a Warp Core engineer doff will give you +25 anyway if it procs. Maco will pretty much get you +10 instantly once you are shot at, and Leech gives you +16 if you are shooting anything anyway. To say nothing of EPS power transfers, Weapon Batteries, combo batteries, Red Matter Capacitors, Team Batteries, and oberth consoles.
PVE to PVP has always driven me crazy though. Probably one of the reasons I ran 2+2's on so many toons - running a 3-5 STFs for a single Borg piece...meh.

No doubt if somebody's going to premade - they're going to do what they need to do.

Quote:
Even at a Lower slider setting, at /25 -all- of my toons are comfortably over 50 power in engines.
Yeah, the 50 thing... just blows my mind.
Captain
# 24
10-18-2012, 11:09 PM
I would just give engines special bonuses, so there is tradeoff between fast engines and slowest engines. Making all engines the same is imho bad thing.

Combat engines +huge turn bonus
Normal engines +power efficiency bonus
Hyper engines +speed bonus
Career Officer
# 25
10-19-2012, 04:32 AM
I was always told that the "Victory is Life" thing on the Jemmy set is broken anyway?
Ensign
# 26
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Actually,I'ts easy to get under 50 engine power. My sci has 1 point spec'd into engine performance,why because all it does is boost engine power.Thrusters is what changes defense turn and speed values.So with only one point there and max efficiency to Warp core and Efficient,and all eff. Boff's. I have 49/25 Engine power.
Career Officer
# 27
10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I was always told that the "Victory is Life" thing on the Jemmy set is broken anyway?
It isn't, it's just only applicable when the set is equipped on a Galor or Bug ship.
Captain
# 28
10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
And you still can't use a combat engine effectively
I suppose the better question would be: "How are you getting 54/25?"
I have 9 points in Warp Core Efficiency and Warp Core Potential (Impulse Thrusters, too...but that seems irrelevant to power levels). I have 6 points in Engine Performance. Putting in 3 more points into it shouldn't give me 7 more power in my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
impulse engines need a rethink. i don't think they get better as you level, going from a mkXI to XII omega engine, i noticed my turn rate and speed not increase at all, whats the point of them haveing a MK then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
I found if I ignored the tooltip and fitted mkxi vs mkxii there is a difference and mkxii is better fyi.

Edit:

55.42 flight speed 36.3 turnrate vs 54.84 flight speed 36.3 turn rate. slight difference
I noticed the increase as well. I use Advanced Fleet Hyper-Impulse engines mk XII [turn]x3 [spd], and despite having the same flight speed as my Omega Hyper-Impulse Engines MK XI, the Fleet engines adds an additional .5 to my flight speed.

I didn't have the Omega mk XII engines until recently, but didn't even bother confirming the hidden MK bonus.
Captain
# 29
10-31-2012, 02:21 PM
lol.

why is mav banned again?
Lieutenant
# 30
10-31-2012, 03:05 PM
I really support a change to the Breen set. You hear me, Cryptic?

*sadcricket*