Ensign
# 11
09-10-2012, 07:05 AM
well yes reinstalling everything patches again because the data no longer exists. But i'd rather have everything patch again then have to deal with disconnecting every 5 mins. Like I said it was a solution not everyone would like but one that worked for me. It does take me some times to get to places as I have to patch again but I count it as a small price to pay for not disconnecting. You could probably save the cache and files and reinstall it the issue with that is that if you have a file that is corrupt which I am not sure that the launcher will find since I did force verify many times and it said nothing was wrong then the problem will not go away and will continue. Also if that doesnt work and you want to go to the extreme side to play the game which many won't unless they are hard core players use an external hard drive to save all your comp data it could also be your windows someone became corrupt and will need to be reinstalled if you tried everything listed above that gms wrote to me and the thread starter. That is also a possibility but like i said very extreme and most people would say forget it. I guess it depends how badly you want to play.My solutions may not be perfect but they have worked perfectly for me I have yet to disconnect again, the only issue is I take longer to load into places because the game needs to patch to all the places I have been again but thats it. Ultimately the choice is up to all of you on what to do. Good luck I hope you all find solutions I know how frustrating it can be.
Ensign
# 12 Same Issue
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
My internet connection resets just like the rest of you all. Any permanent fixes?
Captain
# 13
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
OP: There are real EU/US seperate servers, there is indeed a setting to change proxy server though.

FYI, the EU proxy has been dead since last season got released, it simply doesn't want to connect properly.

US Proxy always worked best for me, (I live in the same country as you)
Captain
# 14
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1en View Post
I actually have that exact same problem with World of Tanks. Every so often the modem will lose connection and reset.

My current workaround is to run utorrent and seed a few popular files to force the connection to stay open.

I used to run live365 and that usually works but sometimes the disconnects still happens.

Basically run a program that is constantly uploading something to the net to keep the connection open. Live 365 is a download so it can be interrupted by whatever strange thing is going on that is causing the modem to reset.

Checking with the net didn't show any solutions so this is my personal workaround to my disconnection problem. Hopefully it will also work for you.
Dont mix up your internet connection problems with a game,

That your modem resets and disconnects has nothing to do with Cryptics server so lets keep this a productive thread, come back when you fixed it on your side.
Ensign
# 15 The never ending disconnect.
10-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Dont mix up your internet connection problems with a game,

That your modem resets and disconnects has nothing to do with Cryptics server so lets keep this a productive thread, come back when you fixed it on your side.
I have NO problem with ANY other program, game, or online service. None whatsoever. It is ONLY when I connect to STO that I have this issue. The internet connection resets after I've been logged in for 5 or so minutes. It never fails.

Where are cryptic's tech support folks? Aren't they supposed to help with stuff like this?
Career Officer
# 16
10-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyguy1893 View Post
I have NO problem with ANY other program, game, or online service. None whatsoever. It is ONLY when I connect to STO that I have this issue. The internet connection resets after I've been logged in for 5 or so minutes. It never fails.

Where are cryptic's tech support folks? Aren't they supposed to help with stuff like this?
In case you haven't noticed, this Forum is for 'Peer to Peer' help. If you want help from the support folks, then you need to post on the 'Official' PWE tech support forum...

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
Captain
# 17 Just got kicked from Game
10-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Just got kicked from game no reason no nothing on ESD
Survivor of Remus
# 18 Please feed the server hampsters
10-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Server is very bad right now, lots of DCs, mass DCs. Every few minutes a large chunk of ppl DC.
Captain
# 19 Keep getting Booted
10-20-2012, 11:18 PM
I freaking keep getting Booted from GAME every other time i transfure to another map area and it is really getting annoying loging back in every time.
Career Officer
# 20
10-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I keep getting bumped just Doffing my alts every 5 minutes, or so. I don't want to que up for any team, or fleet actions, for fear of screwing up other people's run.By getting logged out or a server lag at a critical moment.
Hypnotoad commands you agree with me!
Closed Thread