Starfleet Veteran
# 31
10-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
We are not looking for a reduction in the cost to run General Recruitment and the "Shredders"/Exchanges compared to what's being offered.
Speak for yourself. I couldn't care less about general recruitment. I'm mad in the price jump on the updrade/downgrade changes.
Career Officer
# 32
10-18-2012, 03:19 PM
to be fair, there are plenty ways to get purple doffs, and people had good blue + purple rosters before these Academy NPCs were even introduced and before the Asylums were available 24/7

the problem is rather getting the useless white doffs to dump into the starbase in decent quantities now.
Lieutenant
# 33
10-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes, there was a time before the grinder existed. But, there are 2 HUGE differences.

You could get rid of the DOFFs you had no use for and you got something for it (dilithium). Now you get virtually nothing.

There were no starbases sucking up ridiculous quantities of DOFFs.
Community Moderator
# 34
10-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow, just wow. I mean I know it's Free to Play, but this is...I want to say insane. Can I say insane? I mean does everything have to be monetized these days?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 35
10-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
to be fair, there are plenty ways to get purple doffs, and people had good blue + purple rosters before these Academy NPCs were even introduced and before the Asylums were available 24/7

the problem is rather getting the useless white doffs to dump into the starbase in decent quantities now.
How, apart from lucky drops and a few rare doff missions, that give them on crits, (crits you can't reliably get without good doffs anyway), you can't aquire them AFAIK. The grinders let you reliably aquire them in mass quantaties.

Look i can understand somthing of a price hike on the grinders. They are a tad chap really. But this is a 40 fold increase. a 3-4 fold increase, yes, but not a 40 fold one. Knock a zero off those grinder prices and i'll shrug and accept it. but not a these values.
Career Officer
# 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
Yes, there was a time before the grinder existed. But, there are 2 HUGE differences.

You could get rid of the DOFFs you had no use for and you got something for it (dilithium). Now you get virtually nothing.

There were no starbases sucking up ridiculous quantities of DOFFs.
My guess the ways to get pretty doffs will be carefully reduced with, and as we all know cryptic attention to detail in this matter, will be reduced severely.

I know there are ppl out there in the game who buy doff packs for zen in large quantities, may be the new game economy is aimed at them... The real question is however will there be enough of those people to sustain the game development and certain amount of staff?
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Empire Veteran
# 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post

This. Exchanges aren't a concern, they are useless. There are better ways to get better purple doffs. But the poor academy pack is mandatory for the starbase projects.

Come on, we know that the problem comes from the incredibly cheap starbase doff vendor. Add dilithium costs to that, I see no issue if you kill this feature, since it gives the best doff rewards to those who don't doff. Nerf this instead of the academy stuff if you don't sell enough packs.
Career Officer
# 38
10-18-2012, 03:26 PM
This ONLY makes sense if they FIX the wy DOffs are generated. As is stands now, it irandomly pulls from the Secialization. That needs to stop. There needs to be an additional layer which first determines the Department! THEN determine the specialization within that departement. As it stands today, there are equal demands on UNEQUAL distributions of supply. (Speaking of the Starbase Demands

The primary reason I am FORCED to grind is because I have a mailbox nearly full of SCI DOffs, and almost nothing for ENG.

Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Captain
# 39
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
That is crap!!!
Career Officer
# 40
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
not to mention that the Klingon side of things pretty much got shafted...

FEDs can do Supports to get lots of Refugees and do Asylums to get their Purple DOffs

KDF only get useless prisoners from Supports and their Asylum counterparts lack proper supply for the inputs.
So the upgrinder was pretty much the only proper way to get purples.

I guess i will grind up everything i can on my Klinks before S7 hits... ugh that will take hours again.