Captain
# 111
10-17-2012, 02:25 AM
[quote=carl103;6103881]I was arguing against the guy saying that the daleks had no sheild in the TARDIS.[quote]

But I hadn't seen that for some time, I remembered Jack using the normal gun on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychat View Post
I honestly can't see the Cybermen beating the Borg on any account. The Borg adapt, the Cybermen do not. The Cybermen also do not innovate, or rarely do. Same with assimilating technology. While Borg assimilation might be'easier to reverse than Cyberman cyberization, assuming one has the technology, cyberization can simply be resisted by a person with a strong enough will, and can even then subvert the Cybermen present to their own cause, as has been shown. The Borg could assimilate a Cyberman relatively easy, a Cyberman would have a tough time cyberizing a Borg, least of all because they'd need to drone to sit there and basically let them do it. Then there's no telling what all the Borgtech left in the brain and brainstem would then do to the Cyberman body. My guess would be that it would simply subvert the cybertech, leaving a Borg-controlled Cyberman. I can't really see the Cybermen winning many victories at all.

But maybe Assimilation2 explains it. I haven't gotten a chance to read it, just seen little tibbits here and there such as the destroyed cube and the apparent Cyberman-Borg alliance.
Look at the Cybermen's costume changes in each episode, it's like they are evolving, there are certainly improving and innovating, the Cybermen from The Pandorica Opens and Closing Time had transporters.

And the wouldn't need to 'cyberise' a Borg Drone, just get it programmed to serve the Cyber Controler rather than the Borg Queen.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
# 112
10-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
The Borg would never assimilate mutants anyway, no matter how good their tech is, the Daleks would detract from the perfection the Borg seek. Let's not discount the fact that they would also assimilate Dalek behaviour, which is to consider all other forms of life as inferior and destroy them
Actually the assimilated daleks would have no emotions at all. Borg assimilate the body not stupid emotions.
Ensign
# 113
10-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspider55 View Post
Actually the assimilated daleks would have no emotions at all. Borg assimilate the body not stupid emotions.
Actually the Borg have many defenses that prevent hacking and other forms of control. Cybermen would be easily assimilated and since they become Borg would then be able to destroy or assimilate daleks. In the end Borg win. Borg are just the better more advanced and more populated beings.
Captain
# 114
10-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Actually the Borg have many defenses that prevent hacking and other forms of control. Cybermen would be easily assimilated and since they become Borg would then be able to destroy or assimilate daleks. In the end Borg win. Borg are just the better more advanced and more populated beings.
All the Cybermen are are Brains in a Cybersuit, would the Borg see them as worthy of Assimilation in that case, or just ignore them or destroy them? Technologically they seem to be a rival to or below the level of Borg, the only thing going for the Cybermen is that they have similar goals. And regarding the hacking thing, it's not a good thing if an EMH can reprogram Nanoprobes, like he did in the ST:VOY episode Scorpion Pt 2.
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Ensign
# 115
10-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
All the Cybermen are are Brains in a Cybersuit, would the Borg see them as worthy of Assimilation in that case, or just ignore them or destroy them? Technologically they seem to be a rival to or below the level of Borg, the only thing going for the Cybermen is that they have similar goals. And regarding the hacking thing, it's not a good thing if an EMH can reprogram Nanoprobes, like he did in the ST:VOY episode Scorpion Pt 2.
Yes but the doctor from voyager holds more medical knowledge than any organic species could possibly hope to posses. Not to mention since he's linked to voyager memory banks he can accesses anything in those banks that would help him reprogram the nano probes. Also remember the probes still assimilated all the doctor really did was help them adapt to the undine's compact DNA and added a self destruct mechanism.

As for the cybermen they are below the Borg in knowledge, strength, population, adaptability, ease of assimilation, and many other aspects. The cybermen don't even come close to being like a Borg.

As for Borg vs daleks the Borg outpower the daleks in man power, strength, ships and ship weapons plus defenses, as well as many more. But at least the daleks are worthy enough to be considered for assimilation unlike the cybermen.
Captain
# 116
10-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Yes but the doctor from voyager holds more medical knowledge than any organic species could possibly hope to posses. Not to mention since he's linked to voyager memory banks he can accesses anything in those banks that would help him reprogram the nano probes. Also remember the probes still assimilated all the doctor really did was help them adapt to the undine's compact DNA and added a self destruct mechanism.

As for the cybermen they are below the Borg in knowledge, strength, population, adaptability, ease of assimilation, and many other aspects. The cybermen don't even come close to being like a Borg.

As for Borg vs daleks the Borg outpower the daleks in man power, strength, ships and ship weapons plus defenses, as well as many more. But at least the daleks are worthy enough to be considered for assimilation unlike the cybermen.
We don't know if the Borg outnumber the Daleks in ships, since we don't know how many ships the Borg have, it's never been disclosed on TV. Whereas from Doctor Who we know that the Daleks had 10 million ships with 2000 Daleks on each one at the final battle of the Last Great Time War.
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 117
10-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Yes but the doctor from voyager holds more medical knowledge than any organic species could possibly hope to posses. Not to mention since he's linked to voyager memory banks he can accesses anything.
No he doesn't, he has the medical knowledge of the Federation and a few other species, and the Voyager databanks contain info on, well a few bits and pieces from each quadrants.

The Third Bountiful Human Empire spanned three galaxies, the Daleks must have spanned more.
Plus it was a technological not medical feat reprogramming the Nanoprobes, I'm sure the Cybermen or Daleks would be ale to do the same thing.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.