Captain
I was pugging it up the other day as I usually do and came a across a 4v4 Fed vs. KDF match. The KDF was a premade team using 2 Kar'Fi's and 2 BoP's. Both Kar'Fi were using siphon drones with gravity wells and tykens rifts. I think 1 BoP was using gravity wells also and the other tricobalts with DPB3. They were all using aceton assimilators, plasmonic leech, and polaron weapons. At any given time there were on average 6 assimilators on the field and when I would engage there would be around 4 gravity wells and a tykens rift or two. It was impossible to escape the gravity wells even with evasive maneuvers and APO activated because my engines were constantly between 0-10 power as well as my shields. My weapons were between 0-40 power, but not like I could ever turn to get them in firing arc, and if you've ever shot at someone with 40 weapons power, you know the futility of it. Every time I engaged I literally came to a complete hault and if I didn't die to just the gravity wells and energy weapons then the the tricobalts would get me.

I ended up leaving the match after 3 engagements with them, and to-date it is the only time I have ever purposefully left a match. It was just completely pointless to attempt to engage them as I would get completely shut down and blown up 10 seconds later. I had no idea how to go about engaging them, especially with pugs who were just as clueless as me, so I left
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Very little you can do against a I-Win setup.
All those power drain stuff does not belongs into the game in the first place.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 3
10-18-2012, 08:01 PM
yeah thats hard to do.

stay out of 5k and spam aoe.

yep. fun times.
Captain
# 4
10-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Easiest Fix.... warp out. No I'm not kidden.

Warp out and make sure to tell them in zone before you go why your leaving.

Explain to them that the handful of real klingon players in the game hate there frea*ing guts for destryoing the FvK ques...

Seriously if I had one of the players on that team on my friends list they would be removed... they would be primary target any time I saw there @ handle anywhere anytime.

People that insist on building teams around stuff we all know is broken and then que up in a que that already takes 30+ min to pop most nights... well I think I made my feelings clear... Best thing for them is to warp and hopefuly after staring at a que screen that doesn't pop for the rest of the night they will get the message.... IHATEHAVINGTOPLAYMYSTUPIDFEDSALLTHEDAM*TIME.

End of rant.
Captain
# 5
10-18-2012, 08:18 PM
also what husanak said.
Captain
# 6
10-18-2012, 08:36 PM
This and the invulnerable guys who also blow
You away I'n 4 seconds is why I don't pvp

As a fleet we pvp almost everyday with members
Of our fleet, were also building up a Kdf fleet so
We can enjoy that content as well

The skills are so broken and unbalanced to pug
Or even use fleet teams is really a waste of time
Unless your exploiting some imbalance as a team
So we don't bother

Pvp is dead and will stay that way .......

The only pvp content is and will be is I'n honorable
Fleets who agree to certain rules I believe
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-18-2012, 08:47 PM
i ran into such a team last night, 3 carriers, 2 with drones. my team was helpless, i was not. because i had EWP1 on my vet ship, and thanks to 2 AtB i was dropping a second plasma before the first cloud even dissipated. they were complete fail without their drones, when i took that away their zombie builds were useless at damaging unsiphoned targets. 90% of their ability to do anything relied on their drones, they were the worst kind of scum in game, so i stomped a mud hole, made them eat ****, and buried them in plasma until they were defeated. felt so good, a victory for all who's energy levels have been repressed.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...F91C49CA7E074/

you can see by my teams numbers how shut down they were, i was administering friendly plasma clouds to them like you would administer HE lol. was a total crap fest, we had carriers too i think, no runabouts though. surprised my processor survived.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 8
10-18-2012, 08:47 PM
yeah these stupid teams suck. I haven't played pew'd with my klink in months due to the queue's being so dead and the fact that I don't want to be on these teams if I'm pugging. Before p2w garbage hit the scene, about 80% of my pew'ing was in my klink. Not because it was better, but because of the challenge. Out premade klink teams would lose to teams that we could easily handle with our fed toons, but klinks are just so damn fun to play. Of course, waiting 45 mins for a queue is not so much...
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
This and the invulnerable guys who also blow
You away I'n 4 seconds is why I don't pvp

As a fleet we pvp almost everyday with members
Of our fleet, were also building up a Kdf fleet so
We can enjoy that content as well

The skills are so broken and unbalanced to pug
Or even use fleet teams is really a waste of time
Unless your exploiting some imbalance as a team
So we don't bother

Pvp is dead and will stay that way .......

The only pvp content is and will be is I'n honorable
Fleets who agree to certain rules I believe
if you think that, you have 0 grasp of what your doing, seriously. review the help threads, ask questions, and be willing to learn. the game is about 85% perfectly balanced
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 10
10-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
if you think that, you have 0 grasp of what your doing, seriously. review the help threads, ask questions, and be willing to learn. the game is about 85% perfectly balanced
-------------

Really ?

So what's your counter to the posters question ?

How do you fight and win against this siphon team ?

I see very little balance period I'n pvp this is just
A worst case example

I am willing to learn teach me how to fight with no
Power
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse