Login

Banned
# 131
10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
hey Ghost in your Nebula class page you write THIS in the beginning:

what do you mean by 't torp'????
It seems I had a formatting error on copy pasta. I'll get right on that. That should be a beam array.
Career Officer
# 132
10-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
It seems I had a formatting error on copy pasta. I'll get right on that. That should be a beam array.
ah ok. I used to have all phased polaron on that ship. But just now I added one of those in the back with the mines.
I'm using jem'hadar set, btw....
Career Officer
# 133
10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
also in your Pyro intrepid page:
Quote:
Cmdr: Viral Matrix 3, Sci Team 3/TSS3, TSS2, Tractor Beam1 Alternate: Vm3, TBR2, ST2,

TSS1
Lt Cmdr: Grav Well 1, HE2, HE1/Polarize hull1
Lt Tac, Tac Team, Attack Pattern Delta1
Lt Eng. EPTS1 and 2
Ens Sci, Tractor Beam1
in Lt engineer you have EPTS1 and 2 what? its missing........
Banned
# 134
10-18-2012, 10:02 PM
EPTS1 EPTS2 there wasn't a change in the selection so I left the EPTX off. I'll fix it later.
Career Officer
# 135
10-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
EPTS1 EPTS2 there wasn't a change in the selection so I left the EPTX off. I'll fix it later.
oh ok epts 2... i see My mistake
Career Officer
# 136
10-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, further to my last post, I'm giving it a try - purchased a Fleet Rhode Island, fitted it with two MkXII dual beam Antiproton banks, MkXII Quantum Torpedeo launcher forward, two MkXII antiproton turrets and one MkXII quantum torpedo launcher aft (all from the fleet store). Haven't really tested it beyond blasting a few Klingon ships in Starbase 24, but it seemed okay.

Consdering popping two antiproton cannons on forward to see how it does with that though.
Well, gave my Rhode Island/tactical Officer setup a test-run last night/this morning and impressed thus far - the antiproton weapons are pretty effective on it, benefiting from the ship's sensor anaylsis ability, and was able to knock shields out pretty quickly using the sub-system targeting. And using sci abilities such as GW II and PSW, afforded by the sci officer BOFF slots, made me a real thorn in the enemies' side.

Felt a little odd, having a Tactical Captain flying a Sci-ship - but I think it actually works pretty well!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 137
10-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, gave my Rhode Island/tactical Officer setup a test-run last night/this morning and impressed thus far - the antiproton weapons are pretty effective on it, benefiting from the ship's sensor anaylsis ability, and was able to knock shields out pretty quickly using the sub-system targeting. And using sci abilities such as GW II and PSW, afforded by the sci officer BOFF slots, made me a real thorn in the enemies' side.

Felt a little odd, having a Tactical Captain flying a Sci-ship - but I think it actually works pretty well!
keep testing it. Especially in pvp. I'd love to hear more progress reports in a separate thread (you know, dedicated captain's logs concerning one specific cross-class use of a ship)
Career Officer
# 138
10-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Update on my science progress: I used your ideas for a pyro Intrepid/Recon/Mirror DSSV and its awesome. Haven't done it in pvp yet.
with torpedoes and mines i'm able to take-on the probes in Khitomer Accord Elite by using only plasma But barely in some instances. But its still an awesome build
Banned
# 139
10-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
Update on my science progress: I used your ideas for a pyro Intrepid/Recon/Mirror DSSV and its awesome. Haven't done it in pvp yet.
with torpedoes and mines i'm able to take-on the probes in Khitomer Accord Elite by using only plasma But barely in some instances. But its still an awesome build
Let me know how she flies in pvp Should be still fairly impressive, (also if the plassers fail you switch to Trans torps with disruptor turrets aft that + sensor scan = omg )
Career Officer
# 140
10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Let me know how she flies in pvp Should be still fairly impressive, (also if the plassers fail you switch to Trans torps with disruptor turrets aft that + sensor scan = omg )
so only trans torpedoes in front and only turrets in back?

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 10-24-2012 at 10:43 PM.