Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-18-2012, 03:33 PM
I like the idea that even the Iconians are "fleeing" from something. Maybe we can tie it in with the old galactic barrier that was encountered way back in the Original Series. The barrier was set in place by old powers Q, Organians, etc. to keep something out. Only in another part of the galaxy (probably Delta Quadrant) the barrier has cracked/fallen and that something is starting to pour in.

Maybe have the Iconians responsible for the crack/break in the barrier either on purpose or as a side effect of their portal hijinks.

Though personally? I'd love it if we only got tidbits and hints of the Iconians and a massively beefed up story of the Undine infilitration/invasion and the Borg incursion into the A-B quadrants as the primary focus of dual-faction story development over the next several years with maybe some more focus on the Romulan conflict for KDF specific development and a few bones tossed the Feds way in the form of a revamp of the current Cardassian space arcs to flesh them out some with a less stupid Mirror Universe incursion and a less neat wrap-up of the True Way and finishing it off with Gul Madred revealing himself to your captain as an Undine Infiltrator...with a final note for that particular mission that Starfleet Intelligence has already caught wind of a reorganization of the True Way with Gul Madred still at the helm.

Oh, and maybe we could have a crack at succeeding where Ja'rod failed and exterminating the tribbles on that one planet/moon.
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
I am intrigued by the Fek'lhr relationship with the Hur'q. Much makes me wonder if the Hur'q are the Klingon experience of the Iconians. Both were though to have been extinct, yet both names have come up as if they were the same stitch in history of various peoples.

I wonder if the Romulans working with the disgraced House of Torg were their agents via the Tal Shiar?

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 13
10-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
I am intrigued by the Fek'lhr relationship with the Hur'q. Much makes me wonder if the Hur'q are the Klingon experience of the Iconians. Both were though to have been extinct, yet both names have come up as if they were the same stitch in history of various peoples.

I wonder if the Romulans working with the disgraced House of Torg were their agents via the Tal Shiar?
This is an interesting connection with the Hurq! There is certainly potential to develop this line of thinking.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-19-2012, 05:55 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post

We are an Empire under siege. We are fighting enemies on all fronts - the Fek'Iiri from dimensions unknown, the Undine from within our own ranks and the ranks of our former friends, and the Borg. The assaults upon the Klingon way of life are manifest in spiritual, political, and physical assaults (respectively).

I like this viewpoint of how you see the KDF in STO, but how does the limited storyline missions we have to play help show the begining of the war, its growth out of control and its eventual crescendo into the realization that we are being duped and must work with our allies nieghbors to overcome?

Seriuosly? So far every move towards peace with the feds or the RSE has been a forced move made without backstory to help the player along.
One minute we are fighting the feds over some grieviuos insult to our honor, etc, etc. and the next we are buddy-buddy helping them fight the Borg or rescue some Reman refugees, or help the Deferi on some ancient oath or helping the feds fight back the Tholians.
The war with the feds was the last thing that we had that was still even remotely Klingon in nature, even if it is for the wrong reasons, and its dispeering.

Its like the Dev team is just throwing ideas in a pot hoping the end product tastes good for all its content. It has little continuity or reasoning. I as a player would like to see it all click into place instead so the game as a whole, from start to endgame makes more sense.
Not a one day we fight the feds, the next day we help them feed the Romulans, Hey lets all go fight the Borg, holding hands and singing happy songs.

It truelly makes the KDF just a poor reflection of the federation after all.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 15
10-19-2012, 07:06 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6161641]
Quote:

I like this viewpoint of how you see the KDF in STO, but how does the limited storyline missions we have to play help show the begining of the war, its growth out of control and its eventual crescendo into the realization that we are being duped and must work with our allies nieghbors to overcome?

Seriuosly? So far every move towards peace with the feds or the RSE has been a forced move made without backstory to help the player along.
One minute we are fighting the feds over some grieviuos insult to our honor, etc, etc. and the next we are buddy-buddy helping them fight the Borg or rescue some Reman refugees, or help the Deferi on some ancient oath or helping the feds fight back the Tholians.
The war with the feds was the last thing that we had that was still even remotely Klingon in nature, even if it is for the wrong reasons, and its dispeering.

Its like the Dev team is just throwing ideas in a pot hoping the end product tastes good for all its content. It has little continuity or reasoning. I as a player would like to see it all click into place instead so the game as a whole, from start to endgame makes more sense.
Not a one day we fight the feds, the next day we help them feed the Romulans, Hey lets all go fight the Borg, holding hands and singing happy songs.

Agreed! The lack of narrative cohesion is becoming more and more apparent, and I think the soup analogy is right on! The background of the war is limited; we only hear bits and pieces from the Spock voices that pops in every one in a while at the beginning, but these are rare, leaving a great deal unsaid.

The entire storyline needs a review and revision, one that aims toward more cohesion and toward tying up the manifold loose ends.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 16
10-19-2012, 08:48 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6161641]
Quote:

You and I have the same mindset on this (and have discussed it before) - There is a rich and strong story here, but you only access it by scouring the game's backstory, and picking up scattered, weak clues from a handful of missions, only to have it all thrown out the window when you first set foot on DS9.

I strongly believe it *CAN* be explained...

But I am in full agreement that it has not been properly explained.

EDIT: and if the Fleet queues are any indication, we simply need to have cross-faction STFs or we would rarely get to run them...
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 10-19-2012 at 08:58 AM.