Rihannsu
# 71
10-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i ran into such a team last night, 3 carriers, 2 with drones. my team was helpless, i was not. because i had EWP1 on my vet ship, and thanks to 2 AtB i was dropping a second plasma before the first cloud even dissipated. they were complete fail without their drones, when i took that away their zombie builds were useless at damaging unsiphoned targets. 90% of their ability to do anything relied on their drones, they were the worst kind of scum in game, so i stomped a mud hole, made them eat ****, and buried them in plasma until they were defeated. felt so good, a victory for all who's energy levels have been repressed.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...F91C49CA7E074/

you can see by my teams numbers how shut down they were, i was administering friendly plasma clouds to them like you would administer HE lol. was a total crap fest, we had carriers too i think, no runabouts though. surprised my processor survived.
SHHHHHHHHHH!!! Dat was suppossed to bees our wittle sekret hax0rz!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
Yes, when energy damage is being applied, even in small amounts to an Aceton assimilator, they spit out an AOE that will kill a mine..

How ever, the Drain beam from an Aceton Assimilator ALSO kills mines as they are being deployed. I have witnessed this one first hand and on MANY occations. It is what makes mines useless against an Aceton Assimilator just as much as the Blast that comes from them when you hit them with Energy.

Also, they are too damn sturdy. And you should never be able to spit out more then ONE assimilator per cool down. It should do the same thing that happens when you try to Deployment Pattern the same mine. The old mine pattern vanishes and is replaced with the new one.

In my opinion, Drain counters should be:
Emergency Power to X
Auxilery to the Battery
X Battery
EPS (Engi Skill)
Even EPS Consoles could help provide extra Resistance vs Energy siphon Drain.

Also, something to consider that is worse then what you said.. When your being Energy Drained, Viral Matrix is also annoying, because it doesn't drain your systems, but shuts them down. Tack that on with the usual energy drain builds and you'll be hitting your warp out button just as fast if not faster.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 73
10-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Pets in general are very tough without dedicated anti-spam measures. Did they get shield/hull buffed or something? Even Danubes take a hell of a lot of punishment.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 74
10-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Pets in general are very tough without dedicated anti-spam measures. Did they get shield/hull buffed or something? Even Danubes take a hell of a lot of punishment.
Just under 20k hp. LoL
Empire Veteran
# 75
10-19-2012, 12:46 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Yes, when energy damage is being applied, even in small amounts to an Aceton assimilator, they spit out an AOE that will kill a mine..
Another reason why the player should not shoot energy at a AA or have thier weapons on autofire or use BFAw near a AA.

Quote:
How ever, the Drain beam from an Aceton Assimilator ALSO kills mines as they are being deployed. I have witnessed this one first hand and on MANY occations. It is what makes mines useless against an Aceton Assimilator just as much as the Blast that comes from them when you hit them with Energy.

Also, they are too damn sturdy. And you should never be able to spit out more then ONE assimilator per cool down. It should do the same thing that happens when you try to Deployment Pattern the same mine. The old mine pattern vanishes and is replaced with the new one.

In my opinion, Drain counters should be:
Emergency Power to X
Auxilery to the Battery
X Battery
EPS (Engi Skill)
Even EPS Consoles could help provide extra Resistance vs Energy siphon Drain.

Also, something to consider that is worse then what you said.. When your being Energy Drained, Viral Matrix is also annoying, because it doesn't drain your systems, but shuts them down. Tack that on with the usual energy drain builds and you'll be hitting your warp out button just as fast if not faster.
I like these ideas. Though the mines should not be so easily destroyed by even a un-energized AA since they are the main counter to it. That need to be fixed if its not already been slated for season 7
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 76
10-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
SHHHHHHHHHH!!! Dat was suppossed to bees our wittle sekret hax0rz!
those ships with that build are a hard secrete to keep anyone brutalized by it likely noticed its capabilities being far higher then should be possible.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 77
10-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:

Actually, you don't even need to fire on it. It has an inherit ability to release radiation damage at 30-60 a second. It's not much and, frankly, unnoticeable. Unless you deploy a mine or heavy torpedo (which only has 1 hit point and no shields). In which case, it will instantly kill anything that is launched.

What may look like the drain is killing the mines/heavy torpedoes, is actually just the weak radiation damage doing more damage than what the mines/heavy torpedoes can take.

If you do fire on it with energy weapons, with skill points in Particle Generators and buffed by tactical skills, it can do 2-3k damage per hit.

The cheapness of the Aceton Assimilators isn't the drain, it's the resistance to energy damage (I had a fleet mate fire on it fully buffed with just energy weapons, and he couldn't get it down past 20 damage before he had to stop from all the backlash he was getting), constant radiation damage (rendering mines and heavy torpedoes useless), and powerful damage when it's fired upon by energy weapons.
Captain
# 78
10-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Oki ive been through some sadistic torture in Kerrat and altered builds several times, as well as read the forums and picked up some hints. Now I think I have a good counter to energy drain builds, so class in session!

Aceton assimilators: Simplest solution is to push them away when they pop up. Tractorbeam repulsor is an efficent way to move them out of range while your team/yourself stay away and deny the space.

Energy drain drones: The most efficent way is to use plasma mines. Since it deploys 4 mines the inital hit and the DoT, which i may add carries over to other targets, will get rid of them easy and the CD is low.

Tykens Rift: Hazard Emitters reduce the drain to a single point. Laugh as you stay in it and enjoy the pretty scenery.

Plasmonic Leech: This is maybe the hardest one to counter but max points into power insulators will reduce the effect. In addition add the consoles to add more prevention.

So there you have it folks. Less whine and more pew pew.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 79
10-20-2012, 10:49 PM
just fix insulators! that way people that spend the points have a defense and the ones that don't want to get sucked dry.