Cryptic Studios Team
Please leave feedback, comments, concerns, and bugs here!

Remember, you cant actually GO to your embassy yet, but you can still participate in the system.
Rihannsu
# 2
10-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Please leave feedback, comments, concerns, and bugs here!

Remember, you cant actually GO to your embassy yet, but you can still participate in the system.
I wish I knew what you were talking about.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-19-2012, 01:25 PM
does this mean we are finally getting a patch today to let us in the new sector block
Ryan- RRF Engineer, R.R.W. Intraktu (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird)
Brenan- UFP Engineer, U.S.S. Kuiper (Odyssey Tactical Star Cruiser)
Brandon- UFP Science, U.S.S. Menominee (Vesta Class)
Member since launch, LoR Closed Beta round 1, Lifetime Member
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-19-2012, 01:57 PM
I'd like to give some feedback. Please give me a fleet.
Commander
# 5
10-19-2012, 02:12 PM
OMG. I just read the patch note on what this involves. My fleet (which is pretty good sized or at least was pretty good sized) has all but stopped forward movement on the main SB 3/4 of the way to Tier 3. I really don't see how we are going to tackle EVEN MORE resource dumps and still stay motivated .
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
OMG. I just read the patch note on what this involves. My fleet (which is pretty good sized or at least was pretty good sized) has all but stopped forward movement on the main SB 3/4 of the way to Tier 3. I really don't see how we are going to tackle EVEN MORE resource dumps and still stay motivated .
I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleage...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbflordkrueg View Post
I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleage...
As stated in the blog that will go live next week, the embassy will take less than half the time and resources than the starbase. Your embassy would likely be done in the same time it's taken your fleet to earn the progress you have in your starbase.

Edit! The blog hasnt gone live, but consider that an appetizer!

Last edited by salamiinferno; 10-19-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Commander
# 8
10-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
As stated in the blog that will go live next week, the embassy will take less than half the time and resources than the starbase. Your embassy would likely be done in the same time it's taken your fleet to earn the progress you have in your starbase.

Edit! The blog hasnt gone live, but consider that an appetizer!
Salami-

Thank you for replying. However, the sentiment that I have and that I am getting from my fleet mates is the we are ?tapped out" on the Starbases. Most of the old timers have spent their pre F2P stock piles and many of the fleet?s "big spenders? have cut back or moved on to other games and the active players are growing bored repeating the same few mission.

Even if the embassy will take half the time and resources than the starbase, you are still adding two personal reputations sinks that will spread our currently low resources even thinner. I have heard more that one person in my fleet say ?it not worth it anymore.?

I love Trek and have been with STO since day 1. But When I look around my fleet, I see few and fewer names and progress on things is getting slower and slower. I hope the S7 bring people back. But I am worried that they will see more grind and move on the so many other gaming options out there.
Captain
# 9
10-19-2012, 03:07 PM
We are about to start the Tier 4 Starbase project, and now we will have to share our resources with a another holding? The Fleet System reward are pretty much useless, but at least is a base.. I really doubt we will follow this new "money sink" unless the rewards are REALLY worth it, and because is not a lockbox, I really doubt it.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lieutenant
# 10
10-19-2012, 03:14 PM
People need to see value in grinding the resources for this new fleet holding. Frankly, beyond having a nearly useless social clubhouse, starbases are not worth it. Grinding to build a base so you can grind even more to earn items is not a big draw in the long term.

There is nothing to really do at your starbase. There is very little reason to ever go there, so it adds near zero for in game socialization. S8 should really take a look at how to make Starbases more socially useful.

What's going to be different about the fleet embassy? I've not heard enough about S7 embassies to know why our fleet should even care. Make it emotionally compelling and we might grind, but we are weary of the grind from starbases and have not yet caught our breath.