Ensign
# 11
10-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Can't really tell yet , but looks like the reputation system is gonna be alot of work with with very little return .. little sheepish about this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
gateway + reputation + embassy = win

cannot wait for all this to go live S7 is gonna be aswum
I will see what's comming, but wasn't season 7 all about contend, looks all we will get is grind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
gateway + reputation + embassy = win

cannot wait for all this to go live S7 is gonna be aswum
Quote:
Originally Posted by finies View Post
Can't really tell yet , but looks like the reputation system is gonna be alot of work with with very little return .. little sheepish about this.
We will get grind, grind and more grind, a game that will be more work than work.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Career Officer
# 13
10-19-2012, 01:11 PM
According to the patch notes only Elite Marks can be handed in for Dilithium...

EDIT: Although it doesn't say that completing an STF no longer has dilithium reward.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Will existing Borg salvage be converted into dilithium, or will they be converted into Omega/Elite Omega marks?
Career Officer
# 15
10-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
If I'm reading this right...

Completing optionals in Normal STFs will be more desirable than completing Elite STFs, given the the Elite STF rewards are set.

THE OPTIONALS ARE BAD. They are team killers.

Even if you changed what they are, it still means you will lose people when one fails.

Your design philosophy and my understanding of this game from playing it are not matching up in some important ways. I think you need to connect your design philosophy to player understanding of the game.

Otherwise, ask Jack Emmert about how well Enhancement Diversification went. (And he was right that something needed to be done there. It was absurd pre-ED. But the problem was that the philosophy needed to be connected with player understanding.) (And be careful on using the acronym when you ask him because I'd imagine asking the CEO about his ED could be all kinds of funny awkward.)
Zero wrote this: "Elite rewards three times the Omega marks of a Normal STF"
So say normal gives 100 marks... (just an easy number)
Normal would be 100 + Optional of 25 would total 125 marks
Elite would be 300 + Optional of 75 would total 375 marks

I'm not understanding where you are coming from.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Ensign
# 16 How long
10-19-2012, 01:16 PM
how long till the server will be back up
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Rihannsu
# 18
10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
If I'm reading this right...

Completing optionals in Normal STFs will be more desirable than completing Elite STFs, given the the Elite STF rewards are set.

THE OPTIONALS ARE BAD. They are team killers.
I think you have misread.

optionals give 25% extra ontop of the baseline amount but the elite has a baseline of 3 times greater than normal.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
According to the patch notes only Elite Marks can be handed in for Dilithium...

EDIT: Although it doesn't say that completing an STF no longer has dilithium reward.
There is no dilithium reward for any STF on tribble currently. And Brandon stated that only elite STFs would reward dilithium. This is consequently the only logical conclusion. No dil for STFs completion. The elite token will be the only source of dil.
Captain
# 20
So when is tribble back up to test this, i see no notice in the launcher about updating files or anything about it being closed for a update or how long its expected to be down for updating like live usually shows.

Also if it does not give 1100 dilithium per elite stf anymore then im quitting the game, thats the only reason i played stfs to get the free zen and do the stfs with the fleet. No dilithium means no stfs for the fleet means no fleet means no game. Game over. So i do hope that isnt changed as indicated. the turning elite marks in for dilithium is for more dilitium not just the only way to get it i hope. I expect elite mark turn in and the usual dilithium reward.

Last edited by cptskeeteruk; 10-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.