Career Officer
# 21
10-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan81 View Post
Will existing Borg salvage be converted into dilithium, or will they be converted into Omega/Elite Omega marks?
I believe in the priority one 100th episode pod cast, CaptainGeko said they would be converted for marks or reputation.... But they clearly said that it will be like the emblems to DL conversion. If you have a bazillion EDCs, tech, salvage, it will be diminishing so you don't start Season 7 Day 1 max in reputation.

So you have to decide.... do you trade in what you have to DL or take a chance on the conversion?
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 10-19-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
10-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Sets and dilithium, since the only way to get dilithium with the new stfs is to use an elite token into the reputation system to make dil out of it. So...
Right. And I'm saying, a lot of people will only complete Elites a token number of times to get the Elites they need and will farm regular as a more consistent source of reliable returns.

Because the Elites are less guaranteed to have a successful PuG completion and take longer.
Career Officer
# 23
10-19-2012, 01:20 PM
To those asking... tribble went down for the update like 5 mins ago.
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Career Officer
# 24
10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
There is no dilithium reward for any STF on tribble currently. And Brandon stated that only elite STFs would reward dilithium. This is consequently the only logical conclusion. No dil for STFs completion. The elite token will be the only source of dil.
Has that explicitly been stated? I'm not denying it, I want to know. Some of updates are cool but some things really have me questioning the direction of STO.
Career Officer
# 25
10-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsri View Post
I'm not following your logic here. Well, at least not the part I quoted. The notes say that you get 3x the marks for elite over normal, so unless you can do normal in less than 1/3 the time it would seem to remain preferable to do elites.

Optionals offering only a 25% bonus seems like a reasonable compromise, you want to give people something to work for but not so important they'll rage quit if it fails. The problem with rage quitting is that it is symptomatic of people believing that if you can't do the optional you can't do the mission in a reasonable time, or that the only thing worth doing is the optional. This would seem like it's more of a bonus than a requirement.
I'd say Elites maybe take around 2.5 times as long but if you get a bad PuG, they're worth nothing. So the entire time gets wasted when a PuG fails and making the optionals this desirable will cause a high rate of PuG failures.

I'd say the typical group CANNOT do optionals but CAN complete the missions, particularly on the ground.
Captain
# 26
10-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Elite STFs are not worth the aggravation if you take away the base line 1,400 dilithium reward. Not gonna grind those things for a pittiance.
Career Officer
# 27
10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Infected space elite is an absolute faceroll with a pug. Even if they bork the strategy... I can keep the nanites away with repulors and 3 DHCs.... its like free money. It will get boring.. but I can farm those between doing other stuff.

Career Officer
# 28
10-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
There is no dilithium reward for any STF on tribble currently. And Brandon stated that only elite STFs would reward dilithium. This is consequently the only logical conclusion. No dil for STFs completion. The elite token will be the only source of dil.
Wow. Just wow.

I think they should focus on getting everyone up to a point of comfortably earning 8k from their choice of a couple of hours of gameplay before they make people too dilithium hungry.
Career Officer
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Right. And I'm saying, a lot of people will only complete Elites a token number of times to get the Elites they need and will farm regular as a more consistent source of reliable returns.

Because the Elites are less guaranteed to have a successful PuG completion and take longer.
Yes, People who's skills aren't up to Elites will do that. People who can steamroll elites (Its doable, I just did all 3 grounds with a good group in less than an hour, and When I say Steamrolled, I mean it; It was non stop forward movement, obliterating Borg as we went) will continue to play Elite.

Content difficulty exists for a reason.
Career Officer
# 30
How long do you think the foundry will be down for after season 7 launch?