Cryptic Studios Team
# 31
10-19-2012, 01:25 PM
The STF reward tables were updated for this push and they contain all the omega marks and elite marks you should get. When they were updated the dilithium was inadvertently removed as a flat reward. They will be back in a release next week.

You can earn dilithium just from the run, as well as from turning in elite marks if you so choose.
Captain
# 32
10-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
  • A personal project can be thought of as a Fleet Project for a single person.
    • There are some minor differences that will be noted.
  • These projects are selected, slotted, and contributed to by the player
  • All projects have a set construction time that must be completed before the rewards are given and the next project can begin.
Kinda worried about this

*WARNING: personal opinion incoming, this is not a fact or statement; just an opinion!*

I was hoping for something fresh and new, not a rehash of the fleet system which personally I've gotten completely bored of , so much grind, requirements, and time required to clear missions, time required to gain exp, bigger gaps with no increase to exp gain... its just such a big killjoy to me

*WARNING alert over*

But hey, worth taking a look i guess?
^.^'...
Career Officer
# 33
10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Will we be able to scrutinize all the Reputation Passives and Click Powers up front? I want to be able to plan instead of picking and choosing as I go along.
Commander
# 34
10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
The STF reward tables were updated for this push and they contain all the omega marks and elite marks you should get. When they were updated the dilithium was inadvertently removed as a flat reward. They will be back in a release next week.

You can earn dilithium just from the run, as well as from turning in elite marks if you so choose.
So in what all ways can we get Dilithium from running STFs? Sounds like you're saying we can turn Marks into Dilithium as well as getting a flat reward from Elite STFs? And are Elite STFs the only way to get Dilithium out of STFs in any way now?

Just making sure your and Brandon's comments are in-line that Elite STFs are the only Dilithium source from STFs.
Career Officer
# 35
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post

Thank you for clarifying! My fears were unjustified.
Commander
# 36
10-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Kinda worried about this

*WARNING: personal opinion incoming, this is not a fact or statement; just an opinion!*

I was hoping for something fresh and new, not a rehash of the fleet system which personally I've gotten completely bored of , so much grind, requirements, and time required to clear missions, time required to gain exp, bigger gaps with no increase to exp gain... its just such a big killjoy to me

*WARNING alert over*

^.^'...
Actually, the Fleet Embassy is just another form of Fleet Holding. Starbases were the first holding and were never planned to be the only holding.

So yes, in a way it's a rehash. But it's more an addition than a rehash.
Career Officer
# 37
10-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Kinda worried about this

*WARNING alert over*

^.^'...
That's the spirit! I'm also kinda like "blah, rehash of the fleet system." But in a way, that's kinda good for those of us who are in fleets that take a few days to kick off a project (and we lack the things to contribute to it, but have other stuff). Or for those of us who are in a fleet which always seems to have all its projects going and we're never able to contribute to them.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 38
10-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cers001 View Post
How long do you think the foundry will be down for after season 7 launch?
I'm worried about this too, hopefully not too long.
Captain
# 39
10-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]New Captain Powers[list][*]Across the five tiers of progression players will unlock a choice between two new abilities at each tier.[list][*]The first four tiers offer a choice between two powers to the player.
  • The passive can be space OR ground.
[*]The fifth tier offers a new click or passive power to players.
  • The click/passive power will be space OR ground.
Wait does this mean we are esentially picking another 4 'traits' in a way? (traits are still 'passives right), then 1 power?

Also curious as to whether a captain's profession effects said choices?
Career Officer
# 40
10-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Yes, People who's skills aren't up to Elites will do that. People who can steamroll elites (Its doable, I just did all 3 grounds with a good group in less than an hour, and When I say Steamrolled, I mean it; It was non stop forward movement, obliterating Borg as we went) will continue to play Elite.

Content difficulty exists for a reason.
In the right group, I can steamroll it. In the wrong group, I can't.

I really think the ideal for MMOs is interacting with random strangers a lot in addition to a core group of friends and get frustrated when PuGs are half-heartedly supported by design objectives. And for what? For Achiever Bartle types who make up a minority of the playerbase?