Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
10-19-2012, 09:23 AM
what about the fleet bop? the one that looks like the bortas pooped it out?

21 turn rate
25k hull?
4 tac consoles

is it that much of a jump from the b'rel?
Captain
# 22
10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
what about the fleet bop? the one that looks like the bortas pooped it out?

21 turn rate
25k hull?
4 tac consoles

is it that much of a jump from the b'rel?
It doesn't have the EBC and iirc the turnrate is a little worse than the B'rel. For me it comes down to is the xtra Tac console worth 2k zen per ship per toon. Or, w/the 16k hull ship w/o an EBC can you really snipe like you need to w/such a low hulll?

If there was a fleet raider w/3-4-3 console setup, 3rd rear mount, and EBC than it'd be worth it for a Sci B'rel anyway imo.

Edit: For tac's I'd still take the Fleet torkaht or the Vet ship (assuming most people in this thread have been around long enough it's an option).
Captain
# 23
10-19-2012, 09:58 AM
yeah, i'll stick with the fleet vorch for now. but i'll check out the 1000 day ship when i get there in january.
Commander
# 24
10-19-2012, 11:30 AM
The old school BOP's still kill. I have a toon in a Hegh'ta Heavy Bird and although I haven't fully mastered the Thissler method, I still do some impressive damage. I don't think the BOP''s are obsolete, they just need a bit more love.
Captain
# 25
10-19-2012, 11:34 AM
I love my Heghy, for all her faults and obsoleteness and being from a simpler time, no other ship in the game makes me feel like an avatar of death the way a BoP does. Pretty incredible considering it has the game's worst stats in almost every area.

I typically fly a build identical to the one thishorizon posted on the first page, although (IIRC) I swap out a torp for a second DHC and I take spread instead of HY (it's really not a big deal, I only even take spread because I'm too lazy to find someone who'll train me in HY3). The idea is to pack as much burst into as little amount of time as possible, from what I understand this is as old a school of thought as can be when it comes to the BoP. It helps if you know how to use BO and torps properly, this ship is like baking a delicate souffle and it's 150% about timing.

If you don't kill someone in the Tac-Ghta just slam evasive and get out of dodge, you're not a slugger and you have very limited life support so don't draw attention to yourself.

I don't KvF very often (sorry folks but I like my opponents to fight back with arms stronger than a bag of soggy ramen) but when I do, I use a variation on a build that Hei Qin or Havam from SVR taught me: zone denial and hard CC. The idea is to make the BoP the most annoying little ******* mosquito there ever was. EWP3, PSW (not as good as it once was but great for breaking up ESs), TBR, Grav Well, the works.

I've also seen Sci-BoPs that have had me on complete lockdown through loading up to the gills on cheese.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Rihannsu
# 26
10-19-2012, 11:43 AM
I retired my Tac/Bop for a Tac/1k ship reciently. And I couldn't be happier. Sure I don't have Enhanced Battle Cloak, but I have survivability.. which I enjoy more.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 27
10-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
I will never park my fleet vorcha.

I'll just have to swing harder and better to put vet ships into the ground
i said the same thing once, and then vet ship. does everything my vorcha did, better. its practically only kill able in situations that would have killed the vorcha too. and with pure luck, the battle cloak has saved me from certain death many times now, the thing is so durable
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 28
10-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Ahhh hell, may have to try it out on my Tac.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 29
10-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Why use energy weapons on the B'rel, seems like a waste of money to buy it and not use enhance battle cloak.

I use this build:
fore: 1x quantum, 1x photon, 1x harghpeng, 1xtricobalt
or 2x rapid reload transphasic, 1x regular transphasic, 1x transphasic cluster
aft: 2x tricobalt mines

KHG deflector
Borg engines
KHG shields

2x neutrononium, 1x assimilated module

3x stealth console

3x torpedo consoles or 3x transphasic consoles

Just kill with EWP and tricobalt mines DPB3 if they look like a tough target or just use full tac buffs then fire HY3 salvo then finish with other torps.

Also the DPB3 tricobalt mines can be fun to use on the spawn in Kerrat, just kill yourself around 30 secs to 1 min before reset, respawn, cloak and sit on spawn, 15 seconds before reset fire all buffs, drop dpb3 mines, then Brace for impact and use other defensive buffs so you don't die from all the exploding ships Best way to clear the spawn to stop all the Feds from doing the usual spawn gank as soon as reset happens.
Captain
# 30
10-19-2012, 02:13 PM
beam overload 3 layzor killshots.

thats why you use energy weapons on a bop.