10-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Your in the minority then.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
10-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Your in the minority then.

Er.. I was unaware you had those details, but okay....
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
10-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Several people that have looked at the system have mentioned that the pricing looks pretty achievable. They would be correct. This system was designed to be relatively painless, and was based on actual data draws of the daily currency earn rate of the average player then only a fraction of that.

For a peak at the future, running two T5 xp projects will cost 8k dilithium total. So we're asking for 8k dilithium every 40 hours at the very top end, not too bad.

Gear will cost more in line with the dilithium store as far as dilithium costs go, but for actually progressing through the system and earning the captain powers its very very achievable.
Painless?!?

As I already pointed this adds a fourth grind on top of Dilithium Daily grinding, STF grinding, and Fleet grinding. Trust me, it's extremely painful. Especially when you have to do this for multiple characters.

Not to mention those who been working MONTHS to get those Elite STF Sets, now get a massive middle finger in telling them they have to wait more months to unlock those sets, and on top of it having to pay with it in Dilithium for not only the projects but the set itself.

If this is painless, then it's the type of pain you get when you're in shock.

I'm here to have fun, NOT here to work.
Career Officer
# 35
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Maybe you should add some way to get dilithium from the fleet events. Boffing and fleet events are all I do in the game, and it means when I need dilithium I have to specifically go grind for it, and it feels like a grind.

Honestly, why not have dilithium attached to everything in game? The point is to get people playing, right? Why does it matter what we play as long as we're spending time in game?
Career Officer
# 36
10-19-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't usually complain, but even with S6 I notice the best ways to get currency are not the ways I actually enjoy playing the game. I hope S7 isn't just another push in that direction. We'll see I guess.
Captain
# 37
10-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Several people that have looked at the system have mentioned that the pricing looks pretty achievable. They would be correct. This system was designed to be relatively painless, and was based on actual data draws of the daily currency earn rate of the average player then only a fraction of that.

For a peak at the future, running two T5 xp projects will cost 8k dilithium total. So we're asking for 8k dilithium every 40 hours at the very top end, not too bad.

Gear will cost more in line with the dilithium store as far as dilithium costs go, but for actually progressing through the system and earning the captain powers its very very achievable.
Yes, sure, add those 8k dilitihum x2 (Romulan and Omega) to the base grind and now the Embassy holding grind. ?And all that for what? ?For something that is useless or we already have?

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 38
10-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Can we add a method to buy reputation just like real life? I'm so tired of grinding currencies for a game that doesn't have any arcing story content to use it in.
Commander
# 39
10-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
This wouldn't be a huge issue except that, at the moment, STFs no longer reward dilithium. Sure you can get an Elite Omega Mark for Elite STFs...which Borticus said will trade in at about 3/1000 dilithium. That cuts the rate of dilithium from Elite STFs to a third. That's burning the candle at both ends.

If you must remove the dilithium and attach it to Omega marks, then no more than 1 Mark per 1000 ore. Of course, I don't see why, given that the Reputation system will pull more dilithium out of the system, you couldn't just leave the STF dilithium rewards the way they were.
Career Officer
# 40
10-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
This system was designed to be relatively painless, and was based on actual data draws of the daily currency earn rate of the average player then only a fraction of that.
Did you take into consideration that you are also severely diminishing source of our dilithium at the same time as you add these costs?

So our "daily currency earn rate" is about to lose a currency flow.

Quote:
You're removing a source of dilithium, adding dilithium costs to progess in the system where there were none and then adding a dilithium cost to the gear itself.

On top of this, the very first Omega tier project has 40 hour timer.

How many walls do you really think we need in any given system?

There is no aspect at this moment of the new system that seems a net positive improvement in the player experience.

I'd be more interested in the captain abilities if we weren't facing yet another time wall and multi-layered dilithium tax.

You're also not engendering any good will by continuing to withhold the conversion rates that are highly unlikely to be in our favor.

You have several new types of marks and content you want us to grind but the rewards for doing so are largely awful* - our dilithium currency in is now being relegated to the handful of solo dailies.

*Seriously, take a second look at the Fleet Events aside from not rewarding anything except for Fleet Marks you can't even get any decent drops to vendor or put on the exchange most of the time.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.