Captain
# 11
10-19-2012, 03:08 PM
How do you update the data on it. It has a ship that I have never used and data from June 2012?
Career Officer
# 12
10-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Convinced it does not work after trying for 30 minutes and never getting past login screen.

Finally got in, had to use Chrome! I like it so far, the accolades screen would be cool if you had a list of ones you were missing and the are or mission where to get them (not how). This could also be implemented on the game UI as well.

Another sugesstion is on the main screen instead of login on and off to switch toons or charaters, have a tab at the top for all of them.

Last edited by simeion1; 10-19-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Commander
# 13
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I'd say the only short-term changes should be:

1) Put more ability and gear info in the pop-ups. Give us something very similar to what we can get in the Status window in-game.

2) (Not sure as I only looked at it a wee bit, but in case ) If stats aren't given with modifiers, please do so. I don't need base strengths; I'd like to know final strengths, DPS, etc. after modifications are considered.

As for long-term:

1) DOFF system, of course! lol. But I believe that's already on the table for future changes.

2) Inventory/Device Slot swapping. If I don't have the client installed and I want to switch stuff out, I'd like to do that and see how it affects things.
Lieutenant
# 14
10-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Suggestion for when this is up and running properly. Some sort of link to the chat system so even if we cant get to PC we can still chat to fleetmates

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
Career Officer
# 15
10-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus214 View Post
Suggestion for when this is up and running properly. Some sort of link to the chat system so even if we cant get to PC we can still chat to fleetmates

Yes please. I know XMPP clients can do the same, but they seem a bit borked for Fleet Chat specifically. Maybe any other chat we're subscribed to.

At any rate, basic communication (chat, tells, mail) and Fleet management (and later personal projects too) would be ENORMOUS helps.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Career Officer
# 16
10-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
Yes please. I know XMPP clients can do the same, but they seem a bit borked for Fleet Chat specifically. Maybe any other chat we're subscribed to.

At any rate, basic communication (chat, tells, mail) and Fleet management (and later personal projects too) would be ENORMOUS helps.
Add in game mail would be a cool idea also. Inventory and your ships would be another good idea. A lot can be done with this. Adding a small amount of Fleet info would be cool. Just the basic info here, fleet name, tier of each level, and current operation that need filled or the timer.
Commander
# 17
10-19-2012, 03:42 PM
It would be nice if, on the ship status screen, the items displayed their detailed statistics like ingame instead of just flavour text.
Captain
# 18
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
We should be able to choose which rank is displayed. I know there have been threads about this for in game rank display, but it would be really cool for the Gateway as well. My character is not an admiral.

My ship's bridge stations show ALL BO powers as active. Even the BO in the Ensign slot has all 4 highlighted. The inactive powers should be darkened or not visible.

There should be an option or bar on every screen that allows you to go to any other screen. Right now it's Main Screen -> Ship Systems -> Main Screen -> Personnel Files -> Main Screen -> Accolades. There's plenty of examples of LCARS button bars that could be added to the top or bottom of the interface.

All my BOs are shown as the exact same height, filling their little rectangle. That is inaccurate.

Accolades only has a "Completed" tab, and no "Incomplete" or even an "In Progress" tab.

The log in screen has no option to remember my username.

Edit: There is a flashing blue light in the middle of the picture for the character select. It is behind the character, but part of it is noticeable. Additionally, the character select picture seems to be subject to some of the weird camera angles that the character database headshots were.

Last edited by felderburg; 10-19-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Lieutenant
# 19
10-19-2012, 04:07 PM
From an rpers perspective it would be cool to be able to see the fleet roster in the gateway and and be able to read their logs. But only show logs if they have written one attached to a mission or a new log.
Career Officer
# 20
10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varzec View Post
From an rpers perspective it would be cool to be able to see the fleet roster in the gateway and and be able to read their logs. But only show logs if they have written one attached to a mission or a new log.
This would be cool
Closed Thread