Survivor of Remus
# 41
10-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Is there a way to convert your edc's borg tech and salvage into omega marks at all? Or is there going to be?
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
This wouldn't be a huge issue except that, at the moment, STFs no longer reward dilithium.
They've said that thats an error.

What I want to know is if theres a way for the accolades for getting the optionals to reward reputation points

Celebrating Over 10 Years of Star Trek Gaming
Cryptic Studios Team
# 43
10-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbommx1 View Post
Is there a way to convert your edc's borg tech and salvage into omega marks at all? Or is there going to be?
There will be a conversion that will be announced later.

We are returning dilithium to straight STF play, as well as allowing people to convert elite marks into dilithium.

More ways to earn dilithium are potentially coming soon as well...stay tuned.
Commander
# 44
10-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle54 View Post
They've said that thats an error.

What I want to know is if theres a way for the accolades for getting the optionals to reward reputation points
Fair enough. And in this vein..

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post

We are returning dilithium to straight STF play, as well as allowing people to convert elite marks into dilithium.

More ways to earn dilithium are potentially coming soon as well...stay tuned.
Hypothetically, what will happen when people finish T5 reputation and are still earning regular Omega Marks? Perhaps a solution is to create a Reputation project (even if it is just a T5 project) which allows you to grind Marks into dilithium (much like the old system of converting EDCs and whatnot into dilithium).
Empire Veteran
# 45
10-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Several people that have looked at the system have mentioned that the pricing looks pretty achievable. They would be correct. This system was designed to be relatively painless, and was based on actual data draws of the daily currency earn rate of the average player then only a fraction of that.

For a peak at the future, running two T5 xp projects will cost 8k dilithium total. So we're asking for 8k dilithium every 40 hours at the very top end, not too bad.
That's fine. I think I can live with that.

Quote:
Gear will cost more in line with the dilithium store as far as dilithium costs go, but for actually progressing through the system and earning the captain powers its very very achievable.
You lost me there. The prices in the dilithium store are ridiculous. It's far easier to get similar stuff from the exchange right now.

The current STF stores are 2k for an item. Why on earth would you increase that by 5 or 10? That's the same equipment. It's not worse, not even better. Please keep in mind that you want this system to be "achievable". Or at least keep a random loot system so that we can still get the stuff from the existing stores.

I'mnot saying we should get cheap set parts for our boffs but at least the very first set a player gets should be as cheap as the existing ones, and the weaponry should cost 2k too, otherwise a ship would cost insane amounts of dilithium to stuff.

If prices are "on par" with the dil store a full ship equipement would cost 100k dil or so. That's far from being "achievable" and that's far from the 6 to 8 proto borg salvages it costs now.

These stores are in no way player-friendly. The current STF stores are. Why would you change that?
Career Officer
# 46
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
Yes, sure, add those 8k dilitihum x2 (Romulan and Omega) to the base grind and now the Embassy holding grind. ?And all that for what? ?For something that is useless or we already have?
There's now also the dilithium cost added for the common free Starfleet Academy recruitment Duty Officer packs too. I'd very much like them to tell us exactly what is considered "average" by this games player base in terms of dilithium acquisition.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
10-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
There's now also the dilithium cost added for the common free Starfleet Academy recruitment Duty Officer packs too. I'd very much like them to tell us exactly what is considered "average" by this games player base in terms of dilithium acquisition.
Okay... that's super lame.
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Career Officer
# 48
10-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Will it give players who have been playing STFs and have large stockpiles of current STF currency enough time to react and plan?

Quote:
Are elite marks into dilithium going to be equivalent to converting EDCs or Salvage into Dilithium?

I'm assuming one MK XII [Borg] weapon at dilithium store price, the cost for 1 [Borg] Weapon will roughly take 20 STF runs assuming an Elite STF Dil reward of 1100.

To outfit a cruiser with 8 borg weapons will take 160 runs.

Is that a close estimate?

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-19-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Rihannsu
# 49
10-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Gear will cost more in line with the dilithium store as far as dilithium costs go, but for actually progressing through the system and earning the captain powers its very very achievable.
The Dilithium Store does not requires me to sink Dilithium, DOFFs and God knows what else for ACCESS, its there and so its price reflects the fact its open 24/7 anywhere in the Galaxy.

The Omega and Romulan Store are LOCKED away in the reputation system, its NOT the Dilithium Store as we even have to FARM currency to access it.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY no way they should be in line because entry costs are DIFFERENT and even CURRENCY is different due to marks.

And what is the purpose of this? the Fleets are already a MASSIVE Dilithium and DOFF sink as well requiring a lot of other stuff and you are pushing EVEN MORE of a sink into us? I cannot even AFFORD a Elite Fleet weapon because the massive BLACK HOLE of Dilithium that are projects makes damn sure I am not even able to keep enough to buy ANYTHING from it.
Career Officer
# 50
10-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Salmini, mate, regardless of the resource amounts, we dont want to grind for them things in this fashion. We dont mind so much if its a reward for doing a mission or a series of missions like stf cure, infected and ka. But this fleet system converted to a player system will not work, no one wants it no one will do it. We arnt easterners.

Take this feedback to your bosses and tell em to think up somit else that involved gameplay not work. We want to earn things a fun way through missions or gameplay not through systems of grind. This is not what should be in a game.
So, you're saying you never saved EDCs, or converted salvage for set pieces you already had into items or Dilithium under the (now defunct on Tribble) old STF system? Effectively, both systems were/are 'grinds'.

The only thing new is there's no longer any random 'jackpot' per se (and time will tell if that's a better change in the general playerbase's eyes or not. The unlucky folks will no longer be randomly grinding STFs for the hope of that 'jackpot'. Now they'll know beforehand how many runs they'll need, etc; and can work toward a piece of gear knowing that in the end; they'll be sure to attain what they want.

Again, not saying it's a better or worse system yet (And for folks who liked the thrill of seeing what was in the bag at the end, and got lucky in the past they will probably not like the new setup. However, the players who've run 66+ STFs and not seen the item they want drop, will have a different perspective.)

Time will tell. It's certainly a major depature from most end-game/raid style loot mechanics like EQ and WoW.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."