Captain
If we have them stockpiled, will we be able to redeem them for something when Season 7 is released? Or should we convert them into gear sets or dilithium now while we still can?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
10-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
If we have them stockpiled, will we be able to redeem them for something when Season 7 is released? Or should we convert them into gear sets or dilithium now while we still can?
If you hold onto them, they will be automatically replaced with an amount of Omega Marks when Season 7 goes live.

A dev blog giving more information on the conversion will be surfacing soon. I'd wait until you've read that before making a decision on whether to cash out now, or wait for the conversion.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Rihannsu
# 3
10-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
If you hold onto them, they will be automatically replaced with an amount of Omega Marks when Season 7 goes live.

A dev blog giving more information on the conversion will be surfacing soon. I'd wait until you've read that before making a decision on whether to cash out now, or wait for the conversion.
I am currently sitting on 4 prototype shield techs, 3 prototype weapon techs and a dozen of the elite requisition tokens, Will i be receiving marks for these too?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
10-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehus View Post
I am currently sitting on 4 prototype shield techs, 3 prototype weapon techs and a dozen of the elite requisition tokens, Will i be receiving marks for these too?
Yes. Those will be included in the conversion.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Considering that the current plan is to make the stf store items prices "on par" with the dilithium store ones (which means at least 10k, maybe more), it's highly advised to wait for the dev blog to see if you don't want to buy some stuff with your proto borg salvage (eg for an additional type of weapon).
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
10-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Considering that the current plan is to make the stf store items prices "on par" with the dilithium store ones (which means at least 10k, maybe more)
It's not nice to jump to conclusions and spread misinformation...

The Dilithium cost of gear gained via the Reputation system will be cheaper than similar Dilithium gear by at least 5%. You will also be able to obtain Mk XII gear that cannot currently be purchased using Dilithium.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:

The Dilithium cost of gear gained via the Reputation system will be cheaper than similar Dilithium gear by at least 5%. You will also be able to obtain Mk XII gear that cannot currently be purchased using Dilithium.
Is that misinformation when I say that the gear will be 5 times more expensive than it currently is with the STF store? Since a proto borg salvage is worth 2k dil and since the average price of dilithium store weapons is 10k dil (I'm taking the fleet store as a reference), it may not be completely accurate but I shouldn't be far from the truth. Anyway, 5% on 10k is nothing.
Commander
# 8
10-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
I agree:

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Gear will cost more in line with the dilithium store as far as dilithium costs go, but for actually progressing through the system and earning the captain powers its very very achievable.
But I don't think it was diogene0 who was spreading misinformation.

Quote:
5% cheaper isn't really a great deal at all.
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-19-2012, 06:04 PM
only 5% cheaper? for the first time im worried
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 10
10-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
only 5% cheaper? for the first time im worried
I am sure his boss at PWE wanted it to be only 2.5% But the J-Man "Fights for the Users" and won two out of three thumb wars to get us the whooping 5% discount!! Woot! Woot! Rock it! J-MAN!!!

Last edited by jengoz; 10-19-2012 at 06:15 PM.