Career Officer
# 21 The Future?
10-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I would like to request an honest speculation. Given five years time, do you foresee a mobile version of the game available? One that's pretty much a basic version of the entire game, but still functions pretty much the same?
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Why is Cryptic working on something like this instead of the game itself? Priorities are so in the wrong place.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 23
10-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
Why is Cryptic working on something like this instead of the game itself? Priorities are so in the wrong place.
Cryptic's Core team works on the Gateway (among other projects), while the STO game development team works on STO.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Cryptic's Core team works on the Gateway (among other projects), while the STO game development team works on STO.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Still it is resources that could be better spent on the game itself and many of its problems. We will agree to disagree but the fact remains that it is resource that isn't needed when in fact the game itself needs the attention.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
10-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I think there has to be some additional distinction made that the Cryptic Core Team is the team that works on technologies central to all Cryptic Studios games using the Cryptic Engine, and NOT the team that makes the PWE CORE social app thing. (although I imagine there will be some interaction between the two eventually)

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 26
10-19-2012, 05:31 PM
I love how:
  1. we beg and beg and beg for a way to view stuff and doff with a remote app or webpage
  2. They deliver and setup a framework to bring us doffing in the future...
  3. Then we go "why did they do that?!?!?!?!" You could have spent the last two months making content that will get burned through about 5 seconds after release!!!!!
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 27
10-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
Still it is resources that could be better spent on the game itself and many of its problems. We will agree to disagree but the fact remains that it is resource that isn't needed when in fact the game itself needs the attention.
Web Programmers work on web related components, not the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
I think there has to be some additional distinction made that the Cryptic Core Team is the team that works on technologies central to all Cryptic Studios games using the Cryptic Engine, and NOT the team that makes the PWE CORE social app thing. (although I imagine there will be some interaction between the two eventually)
Different teams

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 28
10-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Ignore the nay sayers Brandon. The majority of the player base will more than appreciate this, I guarantee.

Kudos to you and the team(s) for continuing to make a great game even better!

Oh, and BTW guys and gals the gateway will be going down a lot because it's still in testing!

Last edited by o4q123; 10-19-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Interesting...
10-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Just took a look at it myself.

First Impression is this is a cool thing indeed and honestly there should of been something like this at launch really. From a PC, it works pretty nice.
I only have one Character on Tribble ATM, so I'll have to copy another Character or two over, but I kinda like what I see.

Now then...
I agree, we need more than just a top view of the active ship. At least a Side view as well.
I like the fact we can see which BOffs are in what Ship Chairs and Regular Away Team. What I don't like, but can understand, is that their abilities are arranged alphabetically, rather than by Rank (Ens/Lt/Lt Cmd/Cmd). I also notice this on the specific Roster listing for each BOff as well.
I like that we have pretty much all that available info for Our Character visible, except Skills.
I also hope that this gets the main STO team to flesh out descriptions on a lot of the Accolades now. Since they can be clicked on and some show nothing.

Thank you for the time...
Career Officer
# 30
10-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Some things I'd like to see in this version of the thing we had at launch that you guys stopped keeping up:

Up-to-date information: The data shown is already over a month out of date. Why bother?

Functionality: Outside of the obvious things like DOFFing I'd like to see basic common sense thing added such as being able to go back to the character select screen w/o logging out of the site.

Honestly though, this is just silly in it's current form. Until it has functionality that affects us (being able to search/play the exchange, playing Dabo, DOFFing, constantly updated character information) and our chosen character there's no point in even logging in.
Closed Thread