Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STF Changes
10-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Not sure if this has been raised before but I'm going to raise it here.

I completed an Infected Space Elite (with optional) only to get Omega Marks and 1 elite mark, what happened to the loot box at the end? I know sometimes it contained junk but sometimes it had a nice weapon or console.

It would be a real shame if this was a permanent change.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Wait, we have to do all that work for 1 Mark?

It really isn't worth playing STO anymore, it just isn't.
Commander
# 3
10-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

A bunch of regular Omega Marks (I think ~20-25, I don't remember exactly) and 1 Elite mark.
Captain
# 4
10-19-2012, 05:02 PM
If it turns into that much of a grind fest I will move on no doubt... MWO here I come I guess.
Career Officer
# 5
10-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

Nope, you get what squishkin said. The 1 elite mark is required to buy the Mk12 Elite gear, although I have no idea how many one needs to buy a set piece...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
10-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Nope, you get what squishkin said. The 1 elite mark is required to buy the Mk12 Elite gear, although I have no idea how many one needs to buy a set piece...
The current plan is 5 per piece of Mk XII gear.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
10-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
If it turns into that much of a grind fest I will move on no doubt... MWO here I come I guess.
I just checked and the elite STF's are currently rewarding 3x less marks than they should.

Infected Space Elite is currently awarding 20 Omega Marks without the bonus, on the next push it will award 60 Omega Marks per run.

It will still give 1 elite mark.
Commander
# 8
10-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The current plan is 5 per piece of Mk XII gear.
Doesn't this really defeat the whole purpose of having a reputation system with gear unlocks at all? I thought we were going to be placed in a position where, because of the reputation system, you wouldn't have to run the things you didn't want; you'd just have to gather sufficient marks to buy it. That also handily deals with the issue that we used to have with not needing rare salvage once you'd already got enough prototype.

Except...you seem to have placed us back in basically the same position now. It's not just one set of marks and then you buy what you want, it's "one set of marks and you buy what you want except if you want these special things in which case you have to get another set of marks", which is basically where we were in the first place.
Captain
# 9
10-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
Doesn't this really defeat the whole purpose of having a reputation system with gear unlocks at all? I thought we were going to be placed in a position where, because of the reputation system, you wouldn't have to run the things you didn't want; you'd just have to gather sufficient marks to buy it. That also handily deals with the issue that we used to have with not needing rare salvage once you'd already got enough prototype.
That's pretty much it though isn't it.

You can run *just* Infected Space Elite and still be able to get yourself a full MACO Mk XII ground set.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Commander
# 10
10-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
That's pretty much it though isn't it.

You can run *just* Infected Space Elite and still be able to get yourself a full MACO Mk XII ground set.
Yes, but you can't run just, say, Infected Space Normal. Or whatever else is going to be giving Omega Marks that aren't 'elite' Omega Marks. It's not exactly the same, obviously. I'm not saying that it is. But it's the same type of problem the system was supposed to solve... repeated!

(Edit: I realize that i am presuming the "elite" in "Elite Omega Marks" means you can only earn them from Elite STFs. If that's not true, then the system, while still bad, isn't as bad- elite marks then become more like a 'counter' than anything else.)