Starfleet Veteran
I've occasionally looked through the ship bridges, and almost every Ship Interior Has the same color for their LCARS Displays. The only exceptions are the TOS Interior (with no LCARS), the Belfast Interior (which uses DS9 LCARS), and I assume the interior of the Wells (which probably has the same LCARS design it had when that one Wells-Class showed up in Voyager).

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could create an option where we could customize the color scheme of our ship's LCARS displays, which could be accessed through the Ship Tailor.

The options that could be available in this option would be Classic (the stuff from TNG/DS9/VOY), Standard (what most Ship Interiors already have), and FLC (stands for Future LCARS Concept, it's a style of LCARS that is used quite a bit by the members of the LCARS Community Forums in some of their original designs, and was originally created by the man who runs those Forums [his handle there is Robert]). Those options should be included no matter what if you implement this, but you could also implement other options as C-Store Unlocks.

I personally think this would add a little extra flavor to Ship Customization, and might mean that more people would spend more time in their Ship Interiors.

So, Cryptic, do you think you could implement this option?

Also, what does everyone else think about this idea?
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 10-19-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Captain
# 2
10-20-2012, 02:26 AM
Ont of the Intrepid Bridges also has some.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
One of the Intrepid Bridges also has some.
Which Intrepid Bridge, and what type of LCARS does it have?

And what does everyone think about the idea of being able to choose the color scheme of your LCARS displays?

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 4
10-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Which Intrepid Bridge, and what type of LCARS does it have?

And what does everyone think about the idea of being able to choose the color scheme of your LCARS displays?
Some stations on the Science variant Bridges: Delta, Wanderer, and Explorer.
It's the older Orange LCARS.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

Captain
# 5
10-21-2012, 12:28 PM
......galaxy interior.................... <floats out of thread>
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Okay, I guess more bridges have the older LCARS than I expected.

Still haven't heard any opinions as to my idea of allowing us to customize the color schemes of our ship's LCARS displays, though.

Captain
# 7
10-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Still haven't heard any opinions as to my idea of allowing us to customize the color schemes of our ship's LCARS displays, though.
I would love that, along with the ability to customise any part of the ship past the pitiful options we have now.

Ensign
# 8
10-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
I've occasionally looked through the ship bridges, and almost every Ship Interior Has the same color for their LCARS Displays. The only exceptions are the TOS Interior (with no LCARS), the Belfast Interior (which uses DS9 LCARS), and I assume the interior of the Wells (which probably has the same LCARS design it had when that one Wells-Class showed up in Voyager).

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could create an option where we could customize the color scheme of our ship's LCARS displays, which could be accessed through the Ship Tailor.

The options that could be available in this option would be Classic (the stuff from TNG/DS9/VOY), Standard (what most Ship Interiors already have), and FLC (stands for Future LCARS Concept, it's a style of LCARS that is used quite a bit by the members of the LCARS Community Forums in some of their original designs, and was originally created by the man who runs those Forums [his handle there is Robert]). Those options should be included no matter what if you implement this, but you could also implement other options as C-Store Unlocks.

I personally think this would add a little extra flavor to Ship Customization, and might mean that more people would spend more time in their Ship Interiors.

So, Cryptic, do you think you could implement this option?

Also, what does everyone else think about this idea?

the wells dont have lcars it has tcars lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
10-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphazer View Post
the wells dont have lcars it has tcars lol
Right.

/10 char

Captain
# 10
10-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Let us customize the LCARS, let us customize hallways, let us customize rooms and layouts. It would be so much more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.