Captain
# 11
10-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
you ok buddy? a few weeks ago, you were starting <3 threads for the devs and the game

Cups empty, kool aides gone...
lol ya I guess.

Really though I have turned into Mr. Farmer in STO now... I should be playing wearing overalls. With all the positive stuff happening I thought its ok... its a good thing that we take a break and do some pve stuff for awhile... hey where doing lots of it together with friends still... this isn't so bad... Now I realize that by going along with things and doing that we let Cryptic think that was cool and we would be down for more of the same...

Well Cryptic I am NOT down for more of the same... if this game is nothing more then a pve grind fest anymore... well whats the point. I don't mind doing SOME PvE I even enjoy it a bit... however if thats all this game is... and the pvp ques are dry for a month straight with everyone grinding there personal junk after season 7 launches... I'll find something else to do with my time I think.

I mean are any of us going to be happy with the level of grind there planning for us with the new and fantastic season 7? All I see if I stay is a list of people I used to know and don't play any more growing longer. All well... I'm going to go and do something less QQy now. lol
Empire Veteran
# 12
what would be so hard at this point to just tac fleet marks onto the daily mission? literally no brainier. makes more sense then officer reports giving fleet marks

how about getting omega marks from kar'rat?! oh boy, that wouldn't make sense at all would it!

romulan marks? well lets see, another karrat like warzone with romulsans instead would be a good source for that. oh, but wait, making content were theres pvp, lol nope.

looking through the pvp lens at the new additions, all i can see is big gaping holes were there should be a pvp connection to them.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Fleet Marks are rewarded by Fleet Content.
Romulan Marks are rewarded by Romulan Content.
Omega Marks are rewarded by Borg Content.

The only one of these that leaves wiggle room as a possible PvP reward is Fleet Marks, and that continues to be a topic of discussion. But it's a topic with relatively low priority when we're all running around trying to get Season 7 out the door on time.

Would it help at all if I mentioned that we've been kicking concepts for a possible PvP Reputation track?
Its been a topic of discussion for months now by the time you guys are done talkin about it the starbases will be done! and there wont be much need for fleet marks

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
what would be so hard at this point to just tac fleet marks onto the daily mission? literally no brainier. makes more sense then officer reports giving fleet markshow about getting omega marks from kar'rat?! oh boy, that wouldn't make sense at all would it!

romulan marks? well lets see, another karrat like warzone with romulsans instead would be a good source for that. oh, but wait, making content were theres pvp, lol nope.

looking through the pvp lens at the new additions, all i can see is big gaping holes were there should be a pvp connection to them.
this question was asked before... they said they did not want to do that bc it would only add to the afk problem in matches these days

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Career Officer
# 15
10-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Fleet Marks are rewarded by Fleet Content.
Romulan Marks are rewarded by Romulan Content.
Omega Marks are rewarded by Borg Content.

The only one of these that leaves wiggle room as a possible PvP reward is Fleet Marks, and that continues to be a topic of discussion. But it's a topic with relatively low priority when we're all running around trying to get Season 7 out the door on time.

Would it help at all if I mentioned that we've been kicking concepts for a possible PvP Reputation track?
Its really easy, there's no reason to have a storm in a teacup (as is said locally!). When a player completes the pvp wrappers they get a choice: what kind of fleet, rom, or omega marks they want on top of the usual rewards. Problem solved. Easy.

PvP already exists on a quasi parallel dimension anyway, so why split hairs over taking the easy solution that would please everyone? I mean come on, we have fed and KDF admirals flying non faction ships, using the bones of dead doffs to make the walls of their bases, and the ferengi apparently control a ship reclamation business to rival starfleet and the kdf. Again, why split hairs now?

If you can then add queues for premades and pugs as separate things PvP will once again exist in STO.

P.S. pvp rep track? BAD IDEA. Unless pvp becomes tiered and/or the premades and pugs can queue separetely it will not go anywhere. I think we'd rather have the dev that woul design such a track to instead spend their time doing ANYTHING ELSE, in particlar learning how to fix bugs be they system, code, or graphical.
Captain
# 16
10-19-2012, 05:36 PM
OH my... please no Freakking rep system for pvp... Doffs have screwed with balance enough... no more just leave it along and fix whats busted, I think you have been on the right track with that. Don't take 2 steps back ala Cryptic past... just keep moving forward please.
Captain
# 17
10-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
this question was asked before... they said they did not want to do that bc it would only add to the afk problem in matches these days
Thing is people can AFK the PvE content and be done faster than a match of Arena or C&H. The could scale the rewards w/a daily limit to prevent people from "fixing" matches. We always have the option of private matches as well.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
screw the afk'ers, i would get 1000 times as many fleet marks as i do now, half the time its just the 1 an hour i get from my tribble. the crap steam roller matches would be just as crap and just as steam roller, and i would still run into those same competent players as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
OH my... please no Freakking rep system for pvp... Doffs have screwed with balance enough... no more just leave it along and fix whats busted, I think you have been on the right track with that. Don't take 2 steps back ala Cryptic past... just keep moving forward please.
a pvp rep system that gave any type of advantage? NOOOOOOOO thank you. enough with the power creep

pvp marks and pvp rep, introduce it and make it something you can exchange for ether romulan, omega or fleet marks. would be perfect, us pvpers could fully enjoy the game our own way, and we we wouldn't be having half the posters here talking about how they want to jump ship
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 19
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Why not give the GM's something to do by randomly dropping in on pvp matches and banning AFKers? IT would only have to be a small percentage of matches they can randomly check. If people realize there is even a small chance of being caught they might not do it. Then we could add fleet marks to pvp without worrying about AFK problem.
Captain
# 20
10-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
i say f%^k it.
^this.

Nothing more to add. Oh yes, i do have something to add.
F$#CK it.

MT