Career Officer
# 31
10-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Just a really minor nitpick on on the LCARS "look and feel", especially for the Accolades UI.

In the Accolades UI, I can see that each accolade "section" is comprised of a title bar and a display area where icons for each accolade is shown. I also noticed that each accolade section is collapsible and when an accolade section is collapsed, there is a violation of the LCARS look and feel rules.

Specifically when an accolade section is in collapsed mode, the title bar graphics should be rounded on both sides. Currently when collapsed, only the left side of the title bar is rounded and the right side is still rendering as if it were in an "uncollapsed" state instead of being rounded.

I should add that this does not affect the functionality of the gateway in any way, it is just inconsistent with the visual look of the LCARS interface.
@RogueEnterprise: "Interesting take on the Kobiyashi Maru test"
@Evil70th: "Despite starting out a little slow it picks up quite rapidly and becomes a roller coaster ride of a mission with some great twists and turns."
@ashtaku: "Absolutely top-notch. Innovative writing, impeccable set design, fun from start to finish."
Career Officer
# 32
10-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Experiancing the same issue with iOS 6 Safari and iphone 4S.
The only way I got around the iphone issue was disable the "account guard" on my account. That way on the iphone I wasn't asked for the code. They need to fix the iphone so that you can actually scroll to the "submit" button. I don't like have my "account guard" off.
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
Commander
# 33
10-19-2012, 09:41 PM
needs
tick box to stay logged in
a 'Back to Character Select' button

works fine as far as it goes, much faster loads than i expected too
Opera 12.02
win7 x64

suggestion
ability to share profiles on a global captains list might not be a bad thing to think about adding. tick box next to captain on main select page to 'make public'. people could see the capt, skills, ship+layout and boffs+powers.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Career Officer
# 34
10-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Using IE8 to access Gateway.

Paperdoll:

It looks very clean and functional. So much, I would like to see this replace the paperdolls we have in-game. It has everything you need right there, without needing to scroll or change pages (like to the abilities page).

Only problem I see is that Item Rarity Color isn't showing for the Captain and BOFF Pages.

And wonder if it's possible to show abilities of items in the info window?

Also, think on the ship page, the abilities beyond the station should be greyed out.

Accolade Page:

I feel icons could be smaller, and the accolade number needs to be displayed.

But love it so much, be nice if this replaces the accolade page in-game.

Overall: A
Career Officer
# 35
10-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I love it! I wish the official Star Trek iPad app was this slick and polished!

Only suggestion is that I feel like I expect to hear beep-beep-boop-beep as I click the way it is in the game.
Career Officer
# 36
10-20-2012, 12:02 AM
It's a good start, a promise for a great thing. But right now, it's just so much potential. Until the DOff System is plugged in, it's only so much vanity.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 37 Sharing info
10-20-2012, 01:55 AM
I'd like to see the ability to send a snapshot of ship and toon information to friends (IG friends list).

When i started, knowing what skills to use and what shields / weapons to best try was a little daunting.

All the information is on screen, just being able to let them see, maybe like a forum user profile, would really have been a benifit for new players when starting out...and even still today i'm sure.

Oh, and DOFFS, inventory, bank/s, exchange and maybe even Fleet hubs?
Career Officer
# 38
10-20-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
I put my username and password, then I get to the screen where I have to put in the device code.
I enter it but I can't reach the button to get to the next screen.

"Next", or scrolling doesn't allow me to get to the button bellow the "Name browser" section
Same issue with Blackberry OS 6.0 (yeah, I know...)
Lieutenant
# 39 Officer Stations
10-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Hey CORN FLAKES and Team it's your favorite Foundry Brat SOLO. I'm loving the new Gateway system. A good improvement for the Officer Station would be for the Bridge Stations to only show the Bridge officer Space Skills that can actually be used at the specific Bridge Station they are assigned. As for the Standard Away Team Ground Skills Graying out the ones not active and/or having quarters of the Skill icon active based on skill points in these skills would be cool as well. I don't know how difficult that would be for all the different station configurations ships have but it would be a PLUS not a MINUS.

Once again Thanks I know you guys are Miracle Workers Star trek is my 2nd Favorite MMO game of all times.

In the words of the IMMORTAL CORN FLAKES

CHEERS

Last edited by soleta63; 10-20-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
10-20-2012, 07:36 AM
When will we be able to do our Doff Assigments with this gateway?
Closed Thread