Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 62
10-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
As the devs will keep reminding us, we won't lose the sets we already have. We also won't have to grind endlessly for that one lucky drop.

No more getting wiped by armek repeatedly only to find, yet again, that there's no prototype Borg weapon drop. Finally, once you do reach T5, you'll be able to get all the omega and MACO space and ground set equipment at the same time (if you have the dilithium). Not only is that fairer, it's less exhausting AND less grindy.
How is now having to grind marks, and grind dilithium and have less sources and more sinks of dilithium less grindy?

You're going to need to run roughly 160 Elite STFs (or grind out 160k ish dilithium in another fashion) to be able to buy 8 [Borg] Weapons in the new store - but only after you grind out the reputation first.

It's not less grindy
, it's just deterministic as opposed to random.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-19-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Rihannsu
# 63
10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Random feedback:

1) It would be nice to see the counts of the items required/rewards on the Contribute screen without having to hover over them.
2) It would also be REALLY nice to have a cancel button option.
3) On the Tier 4 Romulan option, there's no Mark XII equipment for the sets. Is that a typo?
4) When you select an Active Power, can you go back and change it back, or are you stuck with it forever?
5) If we have to have DOFFs in this system (which makes absolutely no sense to me, but whatever), I hope it stays as just Common, Uncommon, or Rare requirements, and not "Assault Squad Officer Uncommon" in this system at least.
6) Five Elite Marks sounds reasonable to get the equipment.
7) The dilithium requirement is too damn high. Request to add dilithium rewards to fleet mark missions, if the Borg ones have both too. At least, it adds more to pool from.
8) No Borg DOFFs anymore from the store to purchase?
9) What's the Vanity items for Romulan/Reman Entourages? Can we have a Borg one, so I can create a 24th century Michone?
10) If there's diminishing returns to the exchange of EDCs, Tech, etc., can we have a Veteran Borg BOFF?
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
10-19-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm sick and tired of doing nothing but feeding hungry resource black holes and they seem intent on adding nothing except more resource black holes. Goodbye STO, I had high hopes for you, but yet again you let me down. Maybe if you grow up and become a real MMO, and a game rather than another job (I have better things to do with my limited free time than WORK, I play games to have fun, and STO is definitely no longer fun for me, and it seems like many others agree), I'll return.
Commander
# 65
10-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I already have all mk XII space sets (except Reman) and all mk XI ground sets (except KHG gun). I think I will just pass on the whole reputation system.

Somebody said that Reman set will be easier to get. I call bull****.

If the doff reassigning prices will be changed to those now seen on Tribble, I will stop doffing.

After I stop doing STFs, doffing and if fleet projects will be even more resource hungry, I don't see what would keep me playing this game (maybe except Foundry. maybe)

I got excited when Season 7 was announced, now I see that the only thing added will be more PWE grind.

I was considering becoming a lifer. I seriously doubt that I will spend a ton of real money just to grind more.

Last edited by notoryczny; 10-19-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 66
10-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
I'm sick and tired of doing nothing but feeding hungry resource black holes and they seem intent on adding nothing except more resource black holes. Goodbye STO, I had high hopes for you, but yet again you let me down. Maybe if you grow up and become a real MMO, and a game rather than another job (I have better things to do with my limited free time than WORK, I play games to have fun, and STO is definitely no longer fun for me, and it seems like many others agree), I'll return.

What's really frustrating is that after a year of anemic new content we get the ultra-grind SB system, and now a min SB styled Reputation system and a couple of basically empty shooting galleries paraded around as "missions".

At what point, will there actually be new, fun stuff to do that actually rewards us for doing it and isn't just an empty shallow excuse for real content?

Best guess is never, at this point.

Career Officer
# 67
10-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Seven pages of overwhelmingly negative feedback. Not to be as blunt as some others but do any of the core development team remember when they made games that were fun?

Perhaps Dan should have cloned heretic before he escaped. At least his innovations didn't give the players a big screw you.

And btw this is coming from your new target audience, the gamer that can and does drop huge amounts of real money into this sham of a Star Trek game. The more I see of this new grind-tastic circle jerk of things to come, the more i think ill jump ship and give another FUN game my wallets attention.

980 days of broken mechanics and promises.
Career Officer
# 68
10-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Seven pages of overwhelmingly negative feedback. Not to be as blunt as some others but do any of the core development team remember when they made games that were fun?

Perhaps Dan should have cloned heretic before he escaped. At least his innovations didn't give the players a big screw you.

And btw this is coming from your new target audience, the gamer that can and does drop huge amounts of real money into this sham of a Star Trek game. The more I see of this new grind-tastic circle jerk of things to come, the more i think ill jump ship and give another FUN game my wallets attention.

I support grinds in games. I like grind. And I think Cryptic is overreaching and double dipping.

Unlike some others, I won't say it's for a fast buck because I don't anticipate the flow of $$$ being fast.

Here's what will happen.

The value of dilithium relative to real money will skyrocket. Get ready for 50 dil per Zen. Maybe even bottoming out at 25.

And that should be good for Cryptic.

Except the volume of transactions will plummet. And it will be a net loss.

Cryptic: you're misjudging the market's elasticity of demand and the marginal benefit curve of what you're producing..

Get an economist on staff and if you have one and he or she approved all of this, get a COMPETENT economist.
Captain
# 69
10-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Was on tribble a little while this morning so here is my take. This reputation system is completley unecessary for STFs, leave the current system in using techs, salvage and EDC, I like it much better. Reputation for other stuff like Romulans is ok I don't have a problem with that, but ditch this idea of Omega reputation and leave current loot system in or ground STFs will quickly become dead as people just do space to get ground gear.
Career Officer
# 70
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post

Um, FYI - Heretic DESIGNED the current Season 6 Fleet system that many think is one huge grind. It was the last system he worked on prior to leaving Cryptic. Given that most of the feedback is "Oh joy, it's just like teh Fleet Starbase grind..." I don't think Heretic is the Dev you're looking for to bring relief here.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."