Starfleet Veteran
# 21
10-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Everyone missing parts will have to Grind their way back into STF Store access.
THIS! I've invested too much time in STFs to be told to start back at the very beginning with this new tier gated store stuff. This new system should take into account how many STF runs we already have under our belt and unlock the gates for us.
Captain
# 22
10-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
I just checked and the elite STF's are currently rewarding 3x less marks than they should.

Infected Space Elite is currently awarding 20 Omega Marks without the bonus, on the next push it will award 60 Omega Marks per run.

It will still give 1 elite mark.
Good to know thanks for the update... glad to hear it I just subbed here for 3 months. lmao
Career Officer
# 23
10-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmafire2374 View Post
THIS! I've invested too much time in STFs to be told to start back at the very beginning with this new tier gated store stuff. This new system should take into account how many STF runs we already have under our belt and unlock the gates for us.
IMHO it doesn't need to be all of the gates because the gates also have new stuff behind them.

But failure to provide a running start is something any other competent and solvent MMO studio would provide.

And JUST converting EDC/Salvage is not a running start.

This would be like if WoW rolled back everyone's Stormwind, Darnassus, Gnomergan, and Ironforge rep when TBC came out to make that everyone had the same grind when Exodar was introduced to get the 5 home faction exalted achievement.
Ensign
# 24
10-19-2012, 10:33 PM
So omega marks can be converted to dilithium just as EDC's could? If so, what's the conversion rate for each loot type? Will prototype salvage become elite omega marks? Will dilithium become more costly?

There doesn't seem to be any random factor in the amount of marks earned, unlike the random drop of EDC's, tech, and salvage (via random drop, optional loot, and stf completion loot). It was possible to earn a couple prototype salvage plus a prototype tech during an elite STF... that's quite a bit of dilithium (~2k) if just the prototype tech is cashed in. I assume this isn't going to be possible with the new changes since it's a strict amount of marks per mission.

I have a feeling these changes will make the dilithium exchange prices soar very high. Might be better to cash in all STF loot now on the main server and grind, grind, grind until this goes live. Then again, I could be wrong since I haven't had a chance to try it on Tribble...
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The current plan is 5 per piece of Mk XII gear.
if you really were the "smart" designer you claim to be then you would stop and think

the top level accolade is 100 stf runs per stf (KA, INFECTED, CURE)

SO alltogether there are 6 stf pieces (3 space and 3 ground so 2 per STF)

So you should (in my view) have to run at least 50 space runs and 50 ground runs of the respective STF to get the respective ground or space piece

If im understanding you right your saying that if i run 5 stf i get a mk 12 piece of gear ?

Well on behalf of the players who have ground stfs over the last 3 or 4 months thanks a bunch Jeremy for completely cheapening mk 12 gear and making us look like a bunch of idiots. Ive actually played the game and done everything asked of me by cryptic and now you want to just hand out mk 12 gear like its freebies ?

right you people really have lost major touch with the people who actually play your game and if you continue with these changes it will be the final straw for a lot of people
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
10-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Bingo.

Getting the Mk XII sets should still be an accomplishment worth being able to brag about. Even if it's a lot more attainable now for more people, you have to at least have some experience with our most difficult end-game content.
BUT WHAT YOUR PROPOSING TO DO WONT MAKE IT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT what your proposing will just cheapen mk 12 khyg/omega/maco and what about people who have missing parts of sets that will have to start all over again ?

Im really starting to wonder whats going on with all these bad/horrible changes and decisions being made. You developers really have lost touch with the core playerbase
Captain
# 27
10-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
Yes, but you can't run just, say, Infected Space Normal. Or whatever else is going to be giving Omega Marks that aren't 'elite' Omega Marks. It's not exactly the same, obviously. I'm not saying that it is. But it's the same type of problem the system was supposed to solve... repeated!

(Edit: I realize that i am presuming the "elite" in "Elite Omega Marks" means you can only earn them from Elite STFs. If that's not true, then the system, while still bad, isn't as bad- elite marks then become more like a 'counter' than anything else.)
The elite marks come only from elite STFs, so there's no misunderstanding. However giving out stuff that buys Mk XII gear for something that optimistically requires Mk VIII gear would be idiotic, don't you agree?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
10-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Ok time for me to pitch in my two cents while its wonderfull for you "complete or partial set" folks to complain think about someone like me I STILL dont even have one peice of mark XII despite running Elites so many times I have lost count and the same goes for many of my friends and fleet mates. so while some of you complain that it will cheapen it by making it a set target someone can work toward what you sound like to us is "dont let those who have bad luck get it I want to be special"

This is my opinion anyway and while I may be wrong rethink what you said from one of us unlucky folks points of view not everyone has had 100% drop of prototypes and not everyone can stand running ELITE STFS millions of times (theoreticaly) and chancing`never getting a thing.

Last edited by yaneth2009; 10-20-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Rihannsu
# 29
10-20-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointedears View Post
Well on behalf of the players who have ground stfs over the last 3 or 4 months thanks a bunch Jeremy for completely cheapening mk 12 gear and making us look like a bunch of idiots. Ive actually played the game and done everything asked of me by cryptic and now you want to just hand out mk 12 gear like its freebies ?
Well joke is on you because I have 2/3 of parts of Space and Ground Sets that I got ... the very first time I did a Elite STF.

STF Mk XII is "freebie", you can spend 3 and 4 months doing and get nothing and then you can have someone like me that does one the first time and Prototype Tech drop, failing the optional too (only Elite optional I have is Infected and I think when I got the Shield we blown the objective due to time).

The issue we have is how the store is locked behind a reputation system and does not account for time spend on doing STFs, I do have a couple of Accolades when I was grinding for a Mk XI set on normal, that apparently will count as nothing.

So you are not special because you have a Mk XII set, its not a mark of skill or endurance ... its the mark of LUCK, anyone that been in a Elite STF for the gear does not mind the fact its no long LOL RANDOM, we DO mind the fact everything we did so far is worth nothing for the new system, having to grind by doing "reputation projects" that is pretty much another Sink and having to BUY then with Dilithium currency.
Career Officer
# 30
10-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
The current plan is 5 per piece of Mk XII gear.
So its 5 Elites per Mk12 Item. Sounds reasonable considering I have done hundreds and still have no complete Mk12 set