Empire Veteran
# 21
10-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The inputs required on the Embassy are balanced around a base cost. Small/Low-Tier fleets are not penalized, but Larger/High-Tier fleets get a discount below that base cost
That's a really good PR spin on it. But behind the excellent (mis)use of the english language, the fact remains that large fleets are rewarded, small fleets are not.
Career Officer
# 22
10-19-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't like this.

I'm in two fairly small fleets - one Tier 2, the other just making Tier 1.

Even at low Tiers, the amount of Dilithium you have to channel into Fleet projects is huge - the only tangible reward being access to Fleets ships and Weapons.

Now you're introducing a new element that I have to spend hard-earned Fleet credits on to create? So all I've really done is exchange Dilithium for Fleet Credits which I'll then have to spend on Doffs ('cause of the insane price hikes) and materials to build new holdings?

Which presumably I'll be able to get these Mk XII consoles from for further payments of Fleet Credits and Dilithium??

This whole setup is starting to look like a long con - or possibly some ingenious tax swindle.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 23
10-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Look at it this way -- the reputation system is cheaper than the embassy which is cheaper than the starbase. We have individuals who've gotten Tier 1, 2, and even 3 (admittedly this last example is a few standard deviations above the norm) bases by themselves. Yes, the dilithium costs do add up quite a bit and that is a cause for concern, but it's not surprising that these long-term goals are easier if you have 1) lots more contributing members, 2) more time to get doffs, dilithium, energy credits, or 3) money to buy the things from #2.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 10-20-2012 at 12:48 AM.