Former PWE Community Team Lead
This week's spotlighted mission is "Relics" by Kirkfat. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

"Relics" is also the mission that won Foundry Challenge #4!

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
10-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Great mission that totally deserved to win the Foundry Challenge.
Career Officer
# 3
10-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This week's spotlighted mission is "Relics" by Kirkfat. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

"Relics" is also the mission that won Foundry Challenge #4!

Click here to read more.
So, in effect, a single mission get spotlighted twice? Why not make a 'special spotlight' for content winning missions (and include them on Cryptic's upcoming spolight UI addition that's 'coming soon') - and not effectivelty spotlight the same mission twice? Seems a bit a pandering ro a cefrtain group going one here (IMO).

Contest winning missions do deserve and should get their own spotlight (and be included); but IMO should again take up one of hyour 'Weekly Spotlight' spots.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Republic Veteran
# 4
10-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
So, in effect, a single mission get spotlighted twice? Why not make a 'special spotlight' for content winning missions (and include them on Cryptic's upcoming spolight UI addition that's 'coming soon') - and not effectivelty spotlight the same mission twice? Seems a bit a pandering ro a cefrtain group going one here (IMO).

Contest winning missions do deserve and should get their own spotlight (and be included); but IMO should again take up one of hyour 'Weekly Spotlight' spots.
he should win all weeks, he's that good...his missions are some of the best.

Career Officer
# 5
10-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
he should win all weeks, he's that good...his missions are some of the best.
Was speaking to/about any author specifically - IMO, it seems anyone whop partiicipates in a Foundry Contest ends up getting their mission spotlighted on the site multiple times. I'm i n no way saying the Contest missions shouldn't be spotlighted - they should. What I'm saying is:

If a mission wins a contest and is spotlighted due to winning - it should be ineligible to be spotlighted a second time in the 'weekly spotlight'. <--- That should go to other worthy missions made by the general playerbase (and even possibly missions from a contest that were runners up; and didn't win.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 6
10-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Someone who wins a Foundry Challenge has gotten a very small spotlight, just within the community who plays and votes in the challenges.
Weekly spotlight is bigger and more wide spread.
I think a weekly spotlight should be part of winning a Foundry Challenge.
Captain
# 7
10-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks to everyone for playing it. I'm enjoying the reviews, although I'm sorry that some bugs are beyond my control.

Good luck to the current challengers in the other contest.