Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Today, me and some fleet memebers wanted to play tour the galaxy. We each started from different instances and we were teamed.

It soon became obvious the sector(blocks) we crossed were not registerred. We travelled through all of Fed and Romulan space yet none of our travels seem to be notted as "done" and no rewards and points were given.

We dropped the mission and strated from scratch, no cigar. All my fleeties experienced this issue. I have seen this problem before several times since I have played this mission several times before. Yesterday, all seemed to go just fine yet today... no one I know could play it. We are all very... very... very sad.... we washed and ironned our racing uniforms all for nothing :-(

Dear Cryptic, please tell me what could be the problem and please be so kind to fix this, or at least, tell us how to prevent this bug if possible.

Kindest regards,

@RobinPhoenix

EDIT: I made an error in my report and ticket report. I was teamed!!! Seems that this mission can not be played if teamed? I was not aware of that, so that part is my mistake. Yet... how come it doesn't work if teamed?

Last edited by robinphoenixx; 09-17-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinphoenixx View Post
EDIT: I made an error in my report and ticket report. I was teamed!!! Seems that this mission can not be played if teamed? I was not aware of that, so that part is my mistake. Yet... how come it doesn't work if teamed?
If 'Tour the Universe' could be teamed, it would be very easy to exploit. You position each Team member in a different Sector Block (easy enough to do with the Excelsior 'Transwarp' ability) and visit the individual sectors. One member then goes back to Sol to finish the mission, rinse & repeat...
Ensign
# 3
10-20-2012, 04:06 PM
So I thought the tour was broken too, and now I see why that is.

Tour the Galaxy

Starfleet has a proud history of getting the most out of our ships and crew. Friendly contests give our best an opportunity to distinguish themselves. Are you up for an Officer's Challenge?

A captain must master navigation and teamwork to explore the stars.

Are you ready to test your mettle against the best in Starfleet?

For each Sector Block you visit, you will be rewarded. Tour them all and you'll get a bonus!

This is actually not true. You actually have to visit Every Sector Block in a givin part of space to get credit for it. i.e. To get 50,000 EC you need to visit every sector in federation space - Sirius, Regulus and Pi Canis sector blocks. But visiting Orellius, Gamma Orionis, Eta Eradani, and Pelia sector blocks each give you credit for an entire region of space.

This makes doing a complete tour of the galaxy a waste of time. 13-15 minutes with DI and RP, nets you 350,000 EC. Doing a shorter route of 6-8 minutes with the smaller 4 sectors nets you 200,000.

The math is simple, I can do 10 laps on a short route and get 2 million, or waste my time with a long route and get 1.4 million.

Yim's wording needs to be rewritten. Ive been running the tour for 6 months thinking something was wrong, but its just someones wording.

Last edited by hellwinkle; 10-20-2012 at 04:43 PM.