Career Officer
# 101
10-20-2012, 03:18 PM
To the DEVS or whoever works for cryptic that has the power to change this:

I will make this as simple as simple can be. Get rid of the stupid dilithium cap (at least for Paid players).
What 'harm' will come if you don't have a cap??
People would buy more stuff.
People might craft again out of enjoyment instead of necessity.
People would enjoy giving to the starbase projects.
People would play more missions than the usual signing on to do missions just to get the 8,000 cap and sign off.

just saying...
Ensign
I apologize if this has been mentioned but I am not reading through 10 pages just to see if it has.

After spending the last several hours on Tribble, many of my fellow fleet members and I are a bit taken aback by the fact that dilithium is no longer being rewarded for successful completion of STFs. In addition to this, the new reputation system actually cost dilithium to get the assignments started. WTF?
Not only do we get screwed out of 1100 dilithium per STF but it will cost us at least 300 per Omega Reputation assignment at tier 1 and it will probably increase as the level increases.

So Cryptic, what gives? Is this some new scheme to get us to spend more Zen to purchase dilithium from the exchange?

What other changes are in store that will limit the ways to earn dilithium in game?

I am usually very supportive of you guys but this is very disconcerting to say the least. I honestly hope that you will not implement this particular change when Season 7 goes live on Holodeck because I can image a lot of ticked off players who are not aware that this is coming.

Like I said, several members of my fleet are not happy and only a small pecentage of us have actually been on Tribble to see it.

"KILL EM ALL AND LET Q SORT EM OUT"`~ DANO

Last edited by archershran; 10-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Captain
# 103
10-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archershran View Post
I apologize if this has been mentioned but I am not reading through 10 pages just to see if it has.

After spending the last several hours on Tribble, many of my fellow fleet members and I are a bit taken aback by the fact that dilithium is no longer being rewarded for successful completion of STFs. In addition to this, the new reputation system actually cost dilithium to get the assignments started. WTF?
Not only do we get screwed out of 1100 dilithium per STF but it will cost us at least 300 per Omega Reputation assignment at tier 1 and it will probably increase as the level increases.

So Cryptic, what gives? Is this some new scheme to get us to spend more Zen to purchase dilithium from the exchange?

What other changes are in store that will limit the ways to earn dilithium in game?

I am usually very supportive of you guys but this is very disconcerting to say the least. I honestly hope that you will not implement this particular change when Season 7 goes live on Holodeck because I can image a lot of ticked off players who are not aware that this is coming.

Like I said, several members of my fleet are not happy and only a small pecentage of us have actually been on Tribble to see it.
if you had looked at the patch notes you would have seen about the dilithium and the lack of it in stf's , it would have taken less time than writing that lot

Quote:
Known Issues:
It is possible to slot both a regular ship and a shuttle at the same time.
If you do this, you will be stuck in the shuttle and will NOT be able to switch back to a normal ship on that character.
To avoid this, do not switch to your shuttle until we have addressed this issue.
Not all the images in the embassy and reputation systems are final.
It is not yet possible for players to get to their embassy interiors.
This functionality will be included in an update soon.
Occasionally, NPCs have a chance of falling through the ground during the Mine Trap event.
Reputation System Elite Marks to Dilithium conversion projects are not yet available.
Dilithium mission rewards for STFs are temporarily missing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 104
10-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Um, FYI - Heretic DESIGNED the current Season 6 Fleet system that many think is one huge grind. It was the last system he worked on prior to leaving Cryptic. Given that most of the feedback is "Oh joy, it's just like teh Fleet Starbase grind..." I don't think Heretic is the Dev you're looking for to bring relief here.
Per his own words, he was only a small part of the Starbase system (and I'm not sure anyone but him and any Devs that worked with him know what part, and as far as I know they ain't saying)
Career Officer
# 105
10-20-2012, 04:02 PM
"IF" the Dilithium system, as it sits, goes away I will NOT be diplomatic about it. I suggest someone at Cryptic better got hot and remedy this or you "WILL" have a mass exodus from the game. Everyone I know likes current system. Sometimes explanations & information go a long to satiate the disgruntled.

We all understand you guys need to make money to pay for personnel to make the game we love, but you have free to play players that need to current diltihium system to be competitive
The following needs to done to attempt to explain this inane move.

- Why was the new system was created

- What is wrong with the old

- How will this be an advantage to players & or their enjoyment

Lance R. Violator
Director Diplomatic Relations
Tactical Operations Fleet Delta
Ensign
# 106
10-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
if you had looked at the patch notes you would have seen about the dilithium and the lack of it in stf's , it would have taken less time than writing that lot
Again my apologies.. I usually read all the patch notes but I must have missed this part.

I have been very busy in game and sometimes brain farts occur.

"KILL EM ALL AND LET Q SORT EM OUT"`~ DANO
Ensign
# 107
10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerviolator View Post
"IF" the Dilithium system, as it sits, goes away I will NOT be diplomatic about it. I suggest someone at Cryptic better got hot and remedy this or you "WILL" have a mass exodus from the game. Everyone I know likes current system. Sometimes explanations & information go a long to satiate the disgruntled.

We all understand you guys need to make money to pay for personnel to make the game we love, but you have free to play players that need to current diltihium system to be competitive
The following needs to done to attempt to explain this inane move.

- Why was the new system was created

- What is wrong with the old

- How will this be an advantage to players & or their enjoyment

Lance R. Violator
Director Diplomatic Relations

I for one have to agree, from what I see all this is going to be worse now than it was before! I also do not forsee alot of people that are F2P or paying monthly to get lifetime subscriptions or to continue to pay for a monthly gold subscriptions! Some people depend on all the dailies that we have to make dilithium and they aslo get it from the Elite STFs. If this is taken from the STFs then what is the point of doing all the STFs??? I see No Point. I thought that this would be adding content and making minor tweaks to the game and not changing half of what people use to make the game some fun so they can actually try to aquire the items that they want from the store with out spending money that they can not afford to get these items. I also have read all the comments here and I wonder if they will actually stick to leaving the Dilithium in the main server when changes are made.

Bryan (aka ShadowHunter09)

Last edited by shadowhunter09; 10-20-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added Signature
Rihannsu
# 108
10-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
You know, there is one thing that could be done to make A LOT of people less unhappy about this.

How about giving some reputation tiers to those of us old timers who have the different MACO accolades, like UFP Medal of Honor, the Silver Star, etc...this way we feel like the time we've already put in is really worth something?

I don't think this is an unreasonable request, and I'm not asking to start at Tier 5. But I know it would make me feel like Cryptic really does value the time I spend with their game.
This. If they would consider grandfathering people in at Tier 2 or Tier 3, it would go a long way to give acceptance to the new system. Besides, there would still be the Romulan reputation to start from zero on, anyway.
Captain
# 109
10-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
You know, there is one thing that could be done to make A LOT of people less unhappy about this.

How about giving some reputation tiers to those of us old timers who have the different MACO accolades, like UFP Medal of Honor, the Silver Star, etc...this way we feel like the time we've already put in is really worth something?

I don't think this is an unreasonable request, and I'm not asking to start at Tier 5. But I know it would make me feel like Cryptic really does value the time I spend with their game.
they dont care how much or how little time you spend ingame , all they care about is $$$ at the end of the day and how much you spend on stuff with real $$$ . they cannot say it is all pwe's doing as they have to make money to pay them selfs , watch this get edited/deleted
Captain
# 110
10-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
This. If they would consider grandfathering people in at Tier 2 or Tier 3, it would go a long way to give acceptance to the new system. Besides, there would still be the Romulan reputation to start from zero on, anyway.
-------------------

I apologize but someone with a elite space and
Ground set should not have to grind anything.

Everything should be open to them without cost

They paid their dues already
Any ( goodwill ) cryptic has with it's playerbase
Is taking a big HIT with this garbage

Same garbage was heaped on the playerbase at
SWG. Star wars galaxies one of the best space ground
Games ever
Look what happened to swg

Not only did swg fail but for 3+ years you could not
Go anywhere online and find a positive recommendation
To buy the game

Better look at SWGs history cryptic your following I'n