Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 11
10-20-2012, 04:54 PM
The EC slavers don't steal Contraband, but they do steal other commodities and EC. This is how they're intended to work.
Commander
# 12
10-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Real World Testing:
DPS (PVE): BOPS then Tojui (both worth the dili ones)
PVP: Siphon Drones (overpowered and you will get a bad reputation esp in a Kar'Fi, and the only advantage in the dili ones is that they have shields) then Kar'Fi Frigates (dili are an improvment over the ec ones but not as much as BOPS and Tojui).

Not sure about the other pets but these are the good ones from what I can tell with descriptions (also the energy weapons (at least in cannon form) do about 5% of the total pets DPS the torps and mines do the rest according to my combatlog).

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard

Last edited by afree100; 10-20-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Captain
# 13
11-03-2012, 06:20 AM
I've only used advanced To'duj and the B'rolth birds so far. But....

B'rolth birds: YES. Hands-down better in every way than the B'rels. These things are incredibly mean.

Advanced To'duj: NO. Since 90% of your pet DPS comes from torpedoes, and quantum torpedoes have lower DPS than photon torpedoes, I think you can guess how these stack up against standard To'duj. (If you could somehow get your launch time down to 6 seconds, these should hypothetically be better...)

In general, based on trying all the cheaper versions of the pets, only To'duj and Birds are worth equipping for damage. Slavers look very impressive with the massive furball of beams, but in reality since pets have no weapon skills or boosted weapon power, they do absolutely pathetic damage.
Commander
# 14
11-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I've only run the BOPs and the advanced BOPs in my carrier, but the advanced ones are dramatically better every way and if you want to run frigates are an absolute necessity.

And they're just overall really really nice, too. Especially with the way the carrier command is bugged out at the moment, I could, if I wanted, in Infected Space Elite have my B'rotlh's fly over to the other side of the map and take out the second cube while we're still cleaning up the spheres from the first. :p
Captain
# 15
11-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I use adv BOPs and i think they are great. I can tank. Use decent sci and have my bops cause mayhem. I think the Vuquov is one of the most swing role ships in the game.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Ensign
# 16 BoP's
11-09-2012, 05:59 AM
I take it they fixed the BoP's flight path then?

Last i checked on mine they spend 90% of their time flying full speed and turning... (not firing cannons torps/whatever... just turrets.)

Im going to have to test this out this evening... ive been leaving them sit in the bank.

Oh, and as for the to'duj vs the adv to'duj.....
the adv do WAY more damage.
Its not photon torp vs quantum torp.. its micro photon vs full quantum. (especially when you consider that with doffs i launch 2 new wings every 6-7 sec...)

Not even in same ballpark. adv all the way!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-09-2012, 08:39 AM
+1 for B'rolth BoP from the dilithium store for the Vo'quv. Absolutely worth the 60k pricetag.
Career Officer
# 18
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
The EC slavers don't steal Contraband, but they do steal other commodities and EC. This is how they're intended to work.
Advanced slavers *do* steal contraband, but not very much of it... I doubt mine will ever pay for themselves. Not worth it.

The B'rolth advanced BoPs were worth their dilithium asking price. With HY2 and quantums, those things do super spike damage. I look forward to buying the fleet BoP pets when my KDF fleet gets to tier V someday.

I don't believe any of the other advanced pets would be worth buying, though.
Ensign
# 19
11-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Advanced slavers *do* steal contraband, but not very much of it... I doubt mine will ever pay for themselves. Not worth it.

The B'rolth advanced BoPs were worth their dilithium asking price. With HY2 and quantums, those things do super spike damage. I look forward to buying the fleet BoP pets when my KDF fleet gets to tier V someday.

I don't believe any of the other advanced pets would be worth buying, though.
The To'Duj are worth it. def worth it.
Jury is still out on the BoP's. because unless theyve fixed the flightpath... having the extra cannons and torps is useless if they are never firing. (im curious to know if it is because i spend the 60K to get them right away then shelved them in favor of the toduj when i found out the pathing issues)

would like to get some use outta that 60K dil...

as for the slavers, they've already stolen over 100 contraband for me. (comes in spurts. 2 here 6 there etc.. I've gotten 16 on a single stf once)

and at 2000 for 5 of em.. they are on the way towards paying for themselves. *plus the green beams absolutely everywhere are fun to see!
Captain
# 20
11-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valundario View Post
Jury is still out on the BoP's. because unless theyve fixed the flightpath... having the extra cannons and torps is useless if they are never firing.
They're a little wild and predictable compared to the fighters, because yes they fly in big swooping circles and they take their own sweet time when it comes to choosing when to fire. But when they do fire...! Their projectile weapon damage is boosted significantly. Single quantum torps hit for 10-11K each, and when they choose to use their torpedo salvo that's about 27K damage.

So,

Fighters:
+ Extremely fast and agile, their response to target changes and the delay between attacks is low
- Die like flies, damage output is okay but unremarkable

Birds of Prey:
+ Higher spike damage, higher total damage, survives a few hits
- Clumsy fliers, response time to your commands and delay between attacks can be unpredictable.