Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
And can I have some of that stuff too?

Also: it'd be the final insult to KDF players, I suspect. Their contraband-generating is one of the only advantages they have left.
Don't give away our secrets to the furries :-D
Career Officer
# 12
10-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
I'm with OP here.
Please reread what he posted before you jump on him.

The problem is 374568347567364568237 alts someone has. The problem is not nerfing everything about dilithium but the problem is abusing the system.

Halving the dailiy limit won't help as those with alts would just double them as they don't care, but binding the contraband would be awsome.
That's an awfully large number, especially considering they could only get through about 1440 of those alts in a day (this isn't even getting into the health complications such dedication would create).
Joined August 2008
Captain
# 13
10-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Bad Idea.

Btw:
No matter how many alts someone has, she/he has payed for them.
You talk about abusing a system, what about the system abusing everyones wallet? lol

I hope my english is understandable, since most of the time i find it difficult to find the right words in my native language.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-20-2012, 04:25 AM
I'm not talking about alts on the same acc.
Commander
# 15
10-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Or else, halve the daily dil refinement limit.

Not all these proposed changes you're making to dil sinks and doff recruitment. You're just hurting people without the time and attention span to create 10 alts just for doffing. You're hurting the casuals that make up the majority of this game.
so if a casual STO gamer wanted to make a quick 40-50k creds by selling contraband or buying it to get dilithium will hurt them?..... okay.....
Captain
# 16
10-20-2012, 06:46 AM
No.

Even if you're ignoring the whole contraband/dilithium thing, having ANY item bound to character is just a pain in the arse.
Rihannsu
# 17
10-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
I'm not talking about alts on the same acc.
Then you are talking about what?

Contraband is used on some assignments, by binding then you are cutting a commodity out of the market.

Sure, you can turn it in for Dilithium but its easy offset by adding a 24 hours cooldown timer or just make it take 20 hours and that solves the issue of potential completely.

This is not saving the economy, this will just make people rush into creating more Alts since the problem is the Dilithium sink just gets expanded in each season despite we all have a Daily Cap and not having many options were to gain Dilithium.

Also you stop this and then whats next? are PvP missions that DO award Dilithium and have NO cooldown timer to speak off? then its the KDF Missions that award Dilithium and have a 30 minutes? Cooldown timer?

When does it end?

Some people farm but this solutions are too extreme and hurt more people that anything else, also its pushing Dilithium to be a currency to be FULLY backed by REAL Currency because by cutting in-game supply because someone at one point in time might abuse it in some form will lead to only method to acquire Dilithium will be by buying it and we all see the exchange rates.

Unless you people are saying the game should not be F2P bu father P2P because everything have a REAL CURRENCY COST and I tell you, this is a one way ticket to the court system.
Lieutenant
# 18
10-20-2012, 05:15 PM
i hate this idea because it would cause headach , i go doffing on my klingon who gets the contraband i need to give to my fed alts so they can do it , dont get rid of a way to earn and not have to be on for much longer amount of time
Captain
# 19
10-20-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm all for binding contraband, it will just help people like me who can refine 48k dil per day without using any contraband at all get more zen and keys as dil price skyrockets.
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Binding contraband wouldn't mean spit anyways, because most would still probably transfer all that dil to one toon regardless.