Empire Veteran
# 11
10-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnooob View Post
Reputation system is nothing but grind
All MMO's are full of grind, with few exceptions This is nothing new really, even before the Reputation system
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 12
10-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
All MMO's are full of grind, with few exceptions This is nothing new really, even before the Reputation system
yeah... but it doesn't mean we have to stop fighting to make the game better?
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Online games have always had some element of grinding. Without the grind there is no sense of achievement. Where as platform games are on a lower level of gameplay because they are about the difficulty where as not so much grind. The grind in a sense is to make you familiar with something so the difficulty is not an issue once you get to where the design of the game takes you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Season 7 reputation system is nice in all, but I don't want to have to grind up and rank up just to buy stuff I can already buy "Omega reputation" for example I have already bought a full set of mk xi borg gear and MACO mk xi gear I do not want to have to grind my butt off to rank up just to start buying gear I have already been buying I want at least start at the Tier IV so I can buy my mk xi gear still, if not I will just stop playing because they are just turning away veteran players.

Captain
# 15
10-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to reply to the 40 hour vs 20 hour comment. We made the fleet project timer shorter because if you're even a smaller fleet you can almost guarantee you'll have someone on every day so they can contribute. You can't guarantee that YOU will be on every day. By making the timer 40 hours we ensure that you dont have to log in every single day to be running at maximum efficiency. If you do log on every day you could run Omega one day and Romulan the next and by having the offset you'll always have a project to fill each day.
Or you could do one of the following...

Reduce the Reputation cycle to 20 hours (like the Embassy), on the off-chance that players might log in once every 24 hours (a day has 24 hours by the way, not 20).

Or... You could reduce the cycle to ZERO, and stop gating progression based on TIME. Let players decide for themselves how quick or how slow to progress their character/fleet.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-20-2012, 08:30 PM
My opinions on Season 7 can be summed up by viewing the following thread from Test Server forum...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=418461

DEVs you have a major backlash brewing because of the change to DOFF exchange and it's pretty much unanimous. You will lose players (in droves) if you push this change through.

Don't let this be Cryptic's Combat Upgrade / NGE mistake (for younger players, Sony Online Entertainment did a massive upgrade to Star Wars Galaxies in 2005, the Combat Upgrade, which was universally hated and players left in massive amounts -- the game never recovered).
--
No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
Lieutenant
# 17
10-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy01pwe View Post
My opinions on Season 7 can be summed up by viewing the following thread from Test Server forum...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=418461

DEVs you have a major backlash brewing because of the change to DOFF exchange and it's pretty much unanimous. You will lose players (in droves) if you push this change through.
I have friends (and myself) that are already thinking of leaving if some changes go on. And a few days ago one of them posted to ask the devs not to change so much the borg set but after a few hours he thought he would rather remember this game as it is and not as something he disliked and yesterday he deleted his gold account... so a little late for some people.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91857922000&dateline=  1342169682
Join date 20 Sept 2008
Rihannsu
# 18
10-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burchenall View Post
I have friends (and myself) that are already thinking of leaving if some changes go on. And a few days ago one of them posted to ask the devs not to change so much the borg set but after a few hours he thought he would rather remember this game as it is and not as something he disliked and yesterday he deleted his gold account... so a little late for some people.
that's pathetic. It's not that drastic a change...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 19
10-21-2012, 05:56 AM
It is with every update the player base get screwed over, Veteran Players who played this game since launch get nothing for their time and work they have put into this game.

Season 7 has got 95% bad criticism, that should show you guys at Cryptic that you are on the wrong track for this game, and you really have to consider why the player base hate every single change of Season 7.
T6 Miranda and T6 Oberth FTW!
Rihannsu
# 20
10-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgern View Post
It is with every update the player base get screwed over, Veteran Players who played this game since launch get nothing for their time and work they have put into this game.

Season 7 has got 95% bad criticism, that should show you guys at Cryptic that you are on the wrong track for this game, and you really have to consider why the player base hate every single change of Season 7.
Really.... uh... no.

Name one change they could make that someone somewhere wouldn't rant about..... I can't think of one. I've been playing over a year and, yeah, EVERY time anything has been added people have done angry rants for one reason or another.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.