Captain
# 1871
10-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Mars is the extraterrestrial Sonoma Desert without the Bikes and air.. it woud be a nice terraformed place someday. .solar power and heating easy water for many not so easy
ur sorry i ment Arizona-Sonora Desert and liek Red Rock.. Imagine a fun musci ampatheater near a mons?
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Career Officer
# 1872
10-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senshibat01 View Post
Mars is the extraterrestrial Sonoma Desert without the Bikes and air.. it woud be a nice terraformed place someday. .solar power and heating easy water for many not so easy
ur sorry i ment Arizona-Sonora Desert and liek Red Rock.. Imagine a fun musci ampatheater near a mons?
I recommend the Mars trilogy of books. The first book is especially fun. The other two are more theoretical future politics and blah.
I miss my _.
Career Officer
# 1873
10-19-2012, 08:40 AM
For me, I prefer the interest without the Sci-Fi attachment. Uncolonized, Mars and the other planets are very interesting. The science behind visiting another planet sure is awesome! I'm more interested in seeing places I would love to go someday. A lot of the destinations I would love to see here on Earth are places most would never venture. Angels falls is a good example. It's a very remote place at the bottom and top and one very few venture.
Captain
# 1874
10-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Here is a Hubble image posted on Twitter earlier this week.
Career Officer
# 1875
10-20-2012, 07:47 PM
So sitting down and playing a trucker game on my computer has motivated me.

I want one of these or one of these. Of course, keeping in tune with my color patterns, they gotta be metallic dark blue with metallic orange stripes

Last edited by captan2er0; 10-20-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: wrong link
Career Officer
# 1876
10-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captan2er0 View Post
So sitting down and playing a trucker game on my computer has motivated me.

I want one of these or one of these. Of course, keeping in tune with my color patterns, they gotta be metallic dark blue with metallic orange stripes
Both are awesome trucks! You just need an epic trailer to go with them. Nighty night, Z! Sweet dreams!
Career Officer
# 1877
10-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Both are awesome trucks! You just need an epic trailer to go with them. Nighty night, Z! Sweet dreams!
My trailer idea is actually a huge 5th Wheel camper. Figure with what I want to do in the next 5 years or so, it'd actually be cheaper to invest in a tractor and a camper than actually look at housing in cities with my area of study. $220,000 for vehicle and home beats $250,000+ for housing without vehicle anyday.

I know diesel fuel ain't exactally the cheapest and all, but I think it all balances in the end, pending locating a utilities hook up location.
Career Officer
# 1878
10-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
My trailer idea is actually a huge 5th Wheel camper. Figure with what I want to do in the next 5 years or so, it'd actually be cheaper to invest in a tractor and a camper than actually look at housing in cities with my area of study. $220,000 for vehicle and home beats $250,000+ for housing without vehicle anyday.

I know diesel fuel ain't exactally the cheapest and all, but I think it all balances in the end, pending locating a utilities hook up location.
The logistics of that sounds like a lot of fun! I used to play The Sims 3 for the sake of building homes. I didn't care too much for the rest of the gameplay but it was a simple archetect tool that made creating something 3D and with plenty of premade options for objects, etc.

I used to play around with AutoCAD for fun when a former client of mine used to contract me to teach him the ins and outs of new OS's as they came out. He has since retired so it's been a few years.
Captain
# 1879
10-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
With a set up like that you could always make a motorcycle pop out the back Knight Rider style.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 1880
10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Can I put something like this on the back to get to the roof top patio? I'd also like the slide to double as a water slide.